Project DeRanged truck progress

I think he's leaking oil, and went thru 12 quarts on a 400 mile journey.

With him saying he wanted to call an engine builder. I thought he was saying he might have had a "Richardesque" engine failure.

Alright Don't know to much about the 6.0 They need a Girdle for strength like 7.3's?

Alright Don't know to much about the 6.0 They need a Girdle for strength like 7.3's?

Nope. All the mains are tied together. Then the top of the oil pan is bolted to it. then the lower oil pan. Then the back plate covers all that and the front cover caps the front. Its a total package. Tearing them down is quite a handfull. I talked to Dave while he was starting to put Tim's engine together. He hates this thing.

HMMM maybe I should be looking at some 6.0's at the Auction 05 and up is the better option right?

Ford

I seen a picture of a ford engine that had blown in to like 3 pieces, was that a 7.3 or a 6.0? Which has the stronger bottom end? Cant wait to see how it runs!
Ryan

Yeah I have heard of more 700 6.0 than 7.3 I always wondered what Cory's was putting down before he sold it.

You and me both brotha and she was a site to see live I wonder who bought it?

Finished the cage today except the frame cross bars, and the bars out the back window. Yes the primer is still wet. My welding is getting much better, for a guy who has done it 100% by myself. Turns out I actually enjoy it. LOL
Cage_009_Small_.jpg

Cage_012_Small_.jpg

Cage_011_Small_.jpg

Cage_013_Small_.jpg

Made a seat mount for it too. It will bolt to the floor, then the seats are connected to the roll cage

Cage_010_Small_.jpg

Still have to finish out the floor plates to cover the holes. I bought the plate steel today, but ran out of time. I really, really like my buddies Plasma cutter, that thing rocks. The rules state the main loop must be 3" above the drivers helmet. Problem, the freakin roof is not 3" above my helmet, but the seats as low as it can go. I am going to mount it back as far as I can so Richard can drive. Timmy is going to need some phone books. LOL

Back