Project DeRanged truck progress

Well its always something. The heads are finally on the motor, they have the new springs installed, and they are ported and the whole shee bang. We go to put the intake on and wouldn't ya know, the fine folks that remaned the heads broke a freakin carbide tap off where one of the intake bolts go. Of course its bottomed out, and stuck like a mother, soooooo off comes that head today, and it has to go to a shop in south Austin to get it removed. We chewed up several bits trying to get it out. Looks like several hours of labor, and a few parts I can't afford to fix it. This is on a head that has had extensive machining work on it, so its not like I can just use a different head. To be clear, this was not my guys that did this, but the idiots that remaned the heads.

:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:kick: <<<<thats me.

If ya need some parts I may be able to help ya out. I know of a REALLY good set of worked over 6.0 heads. Call me.

Thanks Jeremy, I will give ya a call later. Taking my son out today. He's on spring break. These heads are now a one off set with different valve springs and EXTENSIVE work done. If I can't get them fixed quick I might need those you have.

Theses are ported, polished, have bigger valves and heavier springs. Also cut for fire rings. Have a ported intake to match as well

I can't get over they broke a tap and didn't bother telling you about it. I would start wondering about what else they may have done.

Man I love wiring, but when you do it right, it starts looking good. Can't wait to run all the damned corrugated tubing. :doh:

Deranged_wiring2.jpg

Also Gene from NADM sent this to me. Now I just have to live up to it. LOL

1000_hp.jpg

Man I love wiring, but when you do it right, it starts looking good. Can't wait to run all the damned corrugated tubing. :doh:

Deranged_wiring2.jpg

Also Gene from NADM sent this to me. Now I just have to live up to it. LOL

1000_hp.jpg

NICE! I'm diggin' that NADM sticker! Good job guys, that's a badazz sticker!

So what kind of condition will this ranger be in this weekend Tim?

HOPEFULLY, I will get the motor in Friday night, and leave early Sat morning to get there. I plan on working on it while I am up there. LOL

Absolutely, come find me, I'll be the one with the black Ranger installing parts on vendor row. LOL

Back