Scheid Diesel Extravaganza

I still think taht duel pumps are not an advantage its not like you can flow any more with a givein injector thats the real limiting factor

I think work stock should be just that, stock turbos. Not custom machined stockers for bigger wheels. Then a street class up to a 2.8 class no bushings run what ya brung. However you drive it on the street, is how you pull. Up to 8200lbs. Then the 3.o trucks. There is alot more to getting a good pull than just the size of the turbo. That doesnt determine if you can get the power to the ground or not, which we seem to have a problem with lately. What do you guys think of those class rules? Tim

I think work stock should be just that, stock turbos. Not custom machined stockers for bigger wheels. Then a street class up to a 2.8 class no bushings run what ya brung. However you drive it on the street, is how you pull. Up to 8200lbs. Then the 3.o trucks. There is alot more to getting a good pull than just the size of the turbo. That doesnt determine if you can get the power to the ground or not, which we seem to have a problem with lately. What do you guys think of those class rules? Tim

Sound good to Me i like that.

There is no way my 2.5 truck is gonna hang with any 2.8 truck. And I'm not about to throw a stock turbo on my truck and risk blowing a head gasket for one pull. I say make it a 2.6 no bushing, then 2.8 no bushing, then pro mod

There is no way my 2.5 truck is gonna hang with any 2.8 truck. And I'm not about to throw a stock turbo on my truck and risk blowing a head gasket for one pull. I say make it a 2.6 no bushing, then 2.8 no bushing, then pro mod

I saw you pull b4 and you do good. i thought you won the S Street in Ky the other day. You know you Can hang

The only reason why I have been winning the super street classes with KOTTPA is because its the same trucks in the 2.5 street class. We very rarely have any true 2.8 trucks in the class, and when we do I know I am not gonna win. Look at the Marengo video's. 5 in Super Street and I got dead last about 15-20ft behind 1st and 2nd. At munfordville I got second because Underwood Tire brought thier 2.8 truck and put an easy 5ft on me letting out at the end.

The only reason why I have been winning the super street classes with KOTTPA is because its the same trucks in the 2.5 street class. We very rarely have any true 2.8 trucks in the class, and when we do I know I am not gonna win. Look at the Marengo video's. 5 in Super Street and I got dead last about 15-20ft behind 1st and 2nd. At munfordville I got second because Underwood Tire brought thier 2.8 truck and put an easy 5ft on me letting out at the end.

O Its all Good too me i dont really care i just pull for fun and to say i do. Bc there are a lot of ppl that talk smack and dont even pull. Look a all the forums
like dieselplace ;)

the rules are up.. the work stock class is a 2.6 class, no dual cp3's allowed no weights 8,000lb class.

I think that a 2.5 common rail coul easily hang with my 2.8. Im not running that big of injectors and only 4k with mine. I seen your pull and it was pretty good. Im not sure what your worried about. Other than that, i think bushings are retarded. Its like giving someone permission to cheat. Tim

and you do have a strong running truck. I was at marengo and you did a Really good job.

Thanks for the compliments guys. The main thing I am getting at is, most 2.5 and some 2.6 trucks probably aren't making over 4300rpm (3900 for me) and most of the 2.8 trucks are making at least 4800-5500 some maybe even more. The 2.8 trucks are easily 2-300+hp over 2.5 trucks too, and I just don't see how a 2.5 or 2.6 for that matter can hang with a 2.8 truck. especially at SDX where the probably the badest trucks in each class come to pull. A normal brush pull of somekind I don't mind because there usually isn't but just one or 2 true 2.8 trucks to be there.

we arent running with the 2.8 class so no worries here. It would be a huge advantage for them it might make people not come to pull if that were the case. I wouldnt drive 300 miles one way to have 20 ft put on me.

Turbocharger:
The vehicle is limited to a single turbocharger; the inducer bore on the compressor housing may be no larger than 2.6 inches measured at the smallest diameter of the compressor Cover inducer bore. Cutting down or nipped compressor wheels are not acceptable.

The vehicle driver will be responsible for making compressor wheel accessible for tech personal to measure bore and be able to inspect compressor wheel. Vehicle will not pass tech or be allowed to compete until this happens

teching the 2.6 WS class will take all afternoon

Ok boys I would like to know the closest hotel to the event so I can get one booked! :woohoo: Thank you....
Brandon

X2!!

Turbocharger:
The vehicle is limited to a single turbocharger; the inducer bore on the compressor housing may be no larger than 2.6 inches measured at the smallest diameter of the compressor Cover inducer bore. Cutting down or nipped compressor wheels are not acceptable.

The vehicle driver will be responsible for making compressor wheel accessible for tech personal to measure bore and be able to inspect compressor wheel. Vehicle will not pass tech or be allowed to compete until this happens

teching the 2.6 WS class will take all afternoon

Yep, it's gonna take'em awhile. Hopefully they have a really good plan to make it go smoothly.

i think Dual cp3's are a big advantage. They flow more than any single pump. Ben you stomped up on me and our trucks are almost Identical. I've pulled aganist trucks with a single stage 3 and they did not do anywhere close to that. If you guys think a 2.6 truck would hang aganist a good 2.8 truck they must not be a very strong running truck. 2.8 truck has a better chance with a 3.0 then a 2.6 has aganist a 2.8.