Sled Pulling Commentary

The driver's name and distance would have sufficed. :bang
AGREED!! It's becoming a trend at many of the events. FASS the last couple years and TS. STFU and just give me the name, maybe where he's from and then distance. To the promoters, save some coin and just hire one of the older local brush pull announcers. That's all we need.$.02$.02

There is no way I would pay $40 to watch one round of pulling. The pulls were good but $15 would have drawn a larger crowd.

If she had some idea what she was talking about it woulda been different. But 2.6 liter truck class really. I mean come on. My girlfriend knows more then that girl did. Some the info about the driver and some background was cool. But when she started trying to explain the class was when she needed to quit.

If she had some idea what she was talking about it woulda been different. But 2.6 liter truck class really. I mean come on. My girlfriend knows more then that girl did. Some the info about the driver and some background was cool. But when she started trying to explain the class was when she needed to quit.

ha, I agree. Entertaining - yes. Accurate - not so much

I laughed really hard at her announcing, and found it somewhat hot that a girl at least cared enough to sit there at the pulls all night.

Are you kidding? 80 for one hook? WTF

Nope 80 for none member and 230 to become a member in you got up to 75 back on gate money. Not to bad to me, to be sanctions in run with Lucas oil series. Looking forward to Fass & Schied. Just have to get rear end fixed again.

Nope 80 for none member and 230 to become a member in you got up to 75 back on gate money. Not to bad to me, to be sanctions in run with Lucas oil series. Looking forward to Fass & Schied. Just have to get rear end fixed again.

Its really bad for the guys that come from all over the country to pull at these big events and dont live close enough to run the points series or thier One hook wasnt good enough to qualify for any payback money.

Too many variables to get One hook at these events regardless of entry fee or payout. I bet 90% of those trucks are on new set-ups and one hook isnt going to tell you much.

It may not be a big deal to the locals but they didnt drive 12+hrs and spend $500 on diesel for one hook.

How many hooks normally the sledpullers do per race?

Sorry about the stupid question, but I saw the sledpull first time

Just curious....did you ?

Sure did, two trucks in 09 and 10. (My avatar pic is from TS last year.) Didnt have my truck ready so we only brought one Truck up to pull this year and ended up having to buy a Tranny Blanket on top of everything else. No rules requiring this $460 blanket in 2.6 anywhere else we pull.

Last edited:
You usually only get one hook per truckexcept for the first truck who sets the sled for the class. He has the option to drop his pull and pull again.

all 2.6 classes around here require one.

Rules were posted on 1/18/11
Not sure how someone could complain that they had to buy one...nobody forced anyone to come hook. Don't wanna buy the safety gear....spectate. Simple.

Back