Sled Pulling Commentary

You usually only get one hook per truckexcept for the first truck who sets the sled for the class. He has the option to drop his pull and pull again.

I believe that was the case for last night. However, they usually qualify and the top few pull again. someone correct me if im wrong.

Whos complaining about rules? Im simply telling you what it cost someone from another part of the country to come get that one Hook!

How many people have been hurt at truck pulls in the past ten years? It is just a question not trying to start anything.

I am not talking about tractors or gas trucks. Just diesel pickups.

Whos complaining about rules? Im simply telling you what it cost someone from another part of the country to come get that one Hook!

Would you be typing the same thing if you had won?
Bring a better truck next time. LOL

I believe that was the case for last night. However, they usually qualify and the top few pull again. someone correct me if im wrong.

You are correct in speaking of TS. In other places however it is different. Most places Ive pulled you get two hooks to full pull and/or qualify for Pull off which is a floating finish!

How many people have been hurt at truck pulls in the past ten years? It is just a question not trying to start anything.

I am not talking about tractors or gas trucks. Just diesel pickups.

Hopefully none....but without mandated safety rules who knows how many it would be.
Ever seen how far a u-joint will travel when it comes apart? How about a turbine wheel?
Ever seen a guy in the pits missing a leg because he skimped on an SFI bell housing? I have...it ain't cool.
Motorsports ain't cheap...if a person can't afford to play the game by the rules they should stay home or sit in the stands.

This is a guy that was standing ~150 feet behind a car doing a burnout at a dragstrip....something I try to not do but I'm as guilty as the next guy. Imagine taking that in the eye....or a u-joint cap because nobody ever mandated shields....not a pretty thought.
229118_603941165344_44305227_33323832_321658_n.jpg

Last edited:
Would you be typing the same thing if you had won?
Bring a better truck next time. LOL

You are obviously missing the point! I cant speak slow enough over the internet to help you so Ill move on. Sorry for hijacking the thread fellas!!!

You are obviously missing the point! I cant speak slow enough over the internet to help you so Ill move on. Sorry for hijacking the thread fellas!!!

I get the point exactly....you just don't wanna hear the counter point.

So when are the going to make covers for the axels mandatory?

Another question: Why have the exhaust turned up in the air?

So when are the going to make covers for the axels mandatory?

Another question: Why have the exhaust turned up in the air?

To direct it up and away from staff and spectators and to expel any shrapnel upwards instead of into the crowd.

On the drag strip it also keeps the smoke from fouling the timing system

I agree with the drag strip but it would be safer to be turned down and not up into the air where it could still come down on their head.

I was just wondering what caused the sudden movement on safety equipment rules. Usually it is caused by a major accident.

Moving on

The anouncer was cracked out but entertaining.

I was just wondering what caused the sudden movement on safety equipment rules. Usually it is caused by a major accident.

Moving on

The anouncer was cracked out but entertaining.

Proactive is always better than Reactive. That's how I run multi million dollar jobsites...so it doesn't bother me at all to see better rules made and enforced as the sport grows. There's no need at all to let someone get hurt THEN make a rule to stop it from happening.

I agree with the drag strip but it would be safer to be turned down and not up into the air where it could still come down on their head.

The 2 cross bolts will contain most of the large stuff. The big reason is to keep the smoke so the sled driver and see what is happening. Also if the turbine exits it will go straight up, and basically straight down, on to the track.

Good answer unbroken. It usually does not happen that way. That is one reason I asked.

Good answer unbroken. It usually does not happen that way. That is one reason I asked.

Most of the safety rules are adapted from tractor pulling and truck pulling from years ago, and adapted to the diesel trucks.

Commentary was funny just wished she woulda said wonder who has enough to beat off constantly !! As for fees everyone should try an figure out what it takes to run an event of this caliber ?? It's alot guarranteed . I also think things would maybe different if all the irresponsible people from 09 didn't destroy the drag strip , times are changing !!! Dennis n Sheila and the Whole Ts Crew hats off too you for another good event . Thank You NLDP

I guess the sponsor had not already given money to help with the event? Hopefully this is not a growing trend with diesel events of the prices being so steep. Like the economy it will kill it.

I thought she did a fine job. Certainly didn't know a ton. But then again I saw a ton of spark plug sponsors on a few sled trucks. Nobody's perfect haha.

Unbroken, were you at ts? I really wanted to see your truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while pulling a 36ft gooseneck and not paying attention to the road.