Sled Pulling Commentary

I guess the sponsor had not already given money to help with the event? Hopefully this is not a growing trend with diesel events of the prices being so steep. Like the economy it will kill it.

Call some tracks and see what it cost to host an event this size.
I know a few years ago some friends were gonna get a big diesel event back to Houston....HRP wanted 32,000 bucks up front and 1/2 the gate.
Think about everything that goes into something this size....then think about what it costs. People have to get paid for working, security...the list is endless.
You talk like they should let you hook or race for 10 bucks and let spectators in for the same....
The promoters deserve to make a tidy profit for their efforts....if they don't THAT is what will kill the sport. Nobody is gonna put on events if they lose money.

Call some tracks and see what it cost to host an event this size.
I know a few years ago some friends were gonna get a big diesel event back to Houston....HRP wanted 32,000 bucks up front and 1/2 the gate.
Think about everything that goes into something this size....then think about what it costs. People have to get paid for working, security...the list is endless.
You talk like they should let you hook or race for 10 bucks and let spectators in for the same....
The promoters deserve to make a tidy profit for their efforts....if they don't THAT is what will kill the sport. Nobody is gonna put on events if they lose money.

I and others understand the $25 gate when idiots all around are destroying property that the venue most likely told TS they would be responsible for. How much extra will some have to pay before they decide it's their job as well as security's to stop some of the destruction.

as far as the spark plug sticker sponsors go all them sponsors the lucas pulling league so they plastered them all over the pulling trucks before the event i seen them doing it in the pits. i personally wouldnt let them put those stickers on my truck if they arent products that i run or use. really stupid to have spark plugs sponsors on a diesel truck lol

When i first heard of the hook fee and membership fee, i was dissapointed, but when signing up and talking to the people and the PPL tent, i went ahead and paid the membership. I think its a good step for the 2.6 class, and diesel pickup pulling in general. The stickers were excessive, but they do that in lots of big leagues. Nobody forced anybody to run stickers, you could pay the one time hook and not run them. I think the show was pretty good considering the weather, the track turned out well too.

as far as the spark plug sticker sponsors go all them sponsors the lucas pulling league so they plastered them all over the pulling trucks before the event i seen them doing it in the pits. i personally wouldnt let them put those stickers on my truck if they arent products that i run or use. really stupid to have spark plugs sponsors on a diesel truck lol

Ever heard of contingency money?

So Ts selling their products is not how they make money? I like Ts and the guys and gals that put on a great event in the great state of Kentucky. I just do not see the justification for $25 spectator fee at each venue was a good idea for the fans of the sport. I just think it could have been lower and more people would have come down to see it and have more of a potential for people to buy things from the vendors.

Seriously? You're mad because they try to have a profitable event?
We're probably talking cash outlay in the 6 figure range to make all this happen.
I think ANY event promoter has a right to recoup their costs AND put some money in the bank for their time.
You know what happens to events that lose money ?
They don't have them any more.

I don't know what off duty cops hired in as security bring in Kentucky...but I know my x wife's current husband is a Harris County Dheriff and his off duty rate is about 30 bucks an hour.
How about in 09 when Dennis had to fork out 25 grand to re sod the field all the morons decided to tear up when the rain blew in ?
THEN there was no race...how much did they lose in gate and competitor fees?

25 bucks is cheap...compared to what they have and do go through to make this thing happen.

Last edited:
Any chance the slightly higher prices kept out some of the riff-raff from the past???

Doubt it...

People not intelligent enough to do the right thing to stave off future negative consequences, are generally not to be counted with those that make wise financial decisions.

Doubt it...

People not intelligent enough to do the right thing to stave off future negative consequences, are generally not to be counted with those that make wise financial decisions.

Valid point....I will maintain hope. LOL

I dont know if it was that or the weather, or both. But there was WAY less idiots running around the streets and events this year. It seemed very calm. i was glad to see this. There were a bunch of dumba**es in our motel parking lot doing burnouts and raising some hell. Nothing wrong with raising a little hell, but we all know not one of them would have entered the burnout contest, yet they go do it in a nice motel parking lot. I heard one of the guys shouting and screaming about being kicked out of the pulls.

All in all, it was a great event, as always. Cant wait for next year. Thanks Dennis and Sheila and everyone invovled.

I didn't get a chance to make it down this year but I really don't see $25 spectator fees as all that unreasonable. Shoot, I'm paying almost $20 to spectate at the local dirt track ovals now. Businesses are supposed to make at least a little money. Hopefully I'll be able to make it down next year.

So Ts selling their products is not how they make money? I like Ts and the guys and gals that put on a great event in the great state of Kentucky. I just do not see the justification for $25 spectator fee at each venue was a good idea for the fans of the sport. I just think it could have been lower and more people would have come down to see it and have more of a potential for people to buy things from the vendors.

your complaining about paying $25? Ive got friends that drive to ?Kentucky from Texas every year for TS, some just to watch and dont have a problem.

if its too much dont go.

It costs $20 to run a truck at most TnTs nowadays, so $25 entry to a pull is reasonable. On top of what Rich stated, events have to have insurance policies in place, and they arent cheap to buy.
If you want to blame anyone for the higher event costs, then blame the jackasses who caused all the problems the last two years.

TnT in my area if TN is $15 for both. But just think, with TNT there is no payout. Also, if you can pay $300 in diesel to get there then you're ignorant if you complaint about $25

The driver's name and distance would have sufficed. :bang

I thought I was the only one! :blahblah1:

I was at the long end of the track were there was no speakers. I walked over to the stands and couldnt get a word in with my friends with the commentary! When she offered a bystander her cake I went back to the area with no speakers :hehe:

When i first heard of the hook fee and membership fee, i was dissapointed, but when signing up and talking to the people and the PPL tent, i went ahead and paid the membership. I think its a good step for the 2.6 class, and diesel pickup pulling in general. The stickers were excessive, but they do that in lots of big leagues. Nobody forced anybody to run stickers, you could pay the one time hook and not run them. I think the show was pretty good considering the weather, the track turned out well too.

x2 thanks for the great event hope to make it again next year with ppl running it those people know how to keep chit in order