SMARTY DEFUELING ON 07''s ISSUE.

you tell me where I stopped making power?

Dynograph005.jpg

looks like 3500 to me. nice number's. TRITON HAS A GOOD GRAPH. he will post it.

you tell me where I stopped making power?

Dynograph005.jpg

The torque starts dropping off but so does HP. Was that an honest attempt to run to 4000rpm? or did you let off when you noticed the power falling off?

It looks like it drop 200hp in 200rpm it's a start to defueling, just later then others.

This is TNT/R on #9. Rail pressure was at 24.5K (no pressure box). There was a big Seat of the pants feel drop in power on #7 with the 50hp sticks. Wicked's stage 3 cp3 helped for 50 or so HP over the stock 115,000mile worn out one.

there are two possibilities for the funky lines over 3200. PS62 being very upset at 50psi again, or the dyno brakes were interfering. As I said earlier, there was some funny noises and vibrations that I've never heard of felt on this before... the truck did stop accelerating on the dyno well before 4000rpm so we let off.

attachment.php

After 3400rpm there is no additional fuel being added. I can maintain the same hp for a few hundred rpm but no smoke, boost drops off and no increase in power. My egts on these runs were data logged at 1175f-1200f measured in two locations on the manifold.

After 3400rpm there is no additional fuel being added. I can maintain the same hp for a few hundred rpm but no smoke, boost drops off and no increase in power. My egts on these runs were data logged at 1175f-1200f measured in two locations on the manifold.

what TNT are you running again? (me missing something).

remember this thread is about the defueling issue on the 07's only.so you guys posting your graph's on your 06's, and 04.5's is meaningless.

Last edited:
remember this thread is about the defueling issue on the 07's only.so you guys posting your graph's on your 06's is meaningless.

Not entirely. on my 04.5, things shut down way early then I would expect.

It would be nice if Macro and/or bob would fill in here. :blahblah1::blahblah1::blahblah1:

im pretty sure bob already said in may it will be looked at.i guess we will see.

i was driveing my truck on the dyno and held it on the floor until the tac showed 3500 rpm and the truck stoped pulling. i make all my pulls the same way 6th gear 1600 rpms and give it all shes got until 3500 this has been on 3 different dynos and all the graphs look about the same. i dont need 4k rpms right now but id atleast like to push the silver bullet up to 3500 to see what itll do.

bob ill take a week of vacation and drive to the place you wish to get this figured out. i dont see why yall are waiting on one certain 07 when theres prolly 25 on here that are haveing the issue

remember this thread is about the defueling issue on the 07's only.so you guys posting your graph's on your 06's, and 04.5's is meaningless.

The more comparison , the more learned.
There does seem to be a pattern,. The 0/3 early 04 555 engines fuel longer, than the 4.5 / 06 engines do.
And now the 07 issue.
Were all looking for answers , have been since onetun's dyno.
The one thing we all have in common is ( we all want more).

does this affect the 06's?
but the other question I wanted to ask is what benefit can be had running tnt r if you do not select the 4k option, is it still more powerful than the reg tnt tune?
Nick

hey doug, your right. the more people that come foward, the quicker BOB and MARCO will notice that something is wrong here.

HEADWORK, what the hell are you talking about.thats ridiculous.were gonna need headwork for the extra 40 hp:hehe:.im not interested in extra rpm's, the 4k tune. i run the TNT.all i want is the smarty to fuel up to where it supposed to. 3500rpm's..........headwork lol lol.:bang

I'm saying that fueling past 3200 rpms isn't going to add anything to your PEAK numbers. Common rails with stock cams, pistons, heads, etc usually make peak power between 2800-3100 rpms.

With TNTR on my 04.5, peak power is reached at about 2700 rpms, and carries to about 3200. It drops off after that.

Last edited:
there's hp on the table , trust me. when i can be going down the highway and roll into it, and feel it happen around 3,000rpm's,

there's hp on the table , trust me. ,

Every guy that rolls off the dyno says the same thing dude.

683 hp with your mods isn't bad at all. Did you already post your dyno graph? I only saw the one with 640hp and no RPM.