SMARTY DEFUELING ON 07''s ISSUE.

683 hp with your mods isn't bad at all.

I totally agree. With the mods he has, I'm surprised he has that much.

Mulisha electronics can only do so much. I know you insist you have an issue but, you may just need more than electronics to get what ever you're after.

I totally agree. With the mods he has, I'm surprised he has that much.

Mulisha electronics can only do so much. I know you insist you have an issue but, you may just need more than electronics to get what ever you're after.

Yep. . . I agree electronics only go so far, hard parts are needed.

i really wasnt after a certain number,just kept going with the mods you know lol and didnt even know my truck was defueling until highrpm told me what to look for, and there it was.overall im real happy with my number's now.that 683 pull was timing 3,mp-8 30%,and no meth, just water.last time the windshield fluid netted me 22hp.so i can easily tip 700, how can i complain really.thats more then i ever dreamed of having.ill be hitting track to see what the new mods bring me.12.24 being my best.

i really wasnt after a certain number,just kept going with the mods you know lol and didnt even know my truck was defueling until highrpm told me what to look for, and there it was.overall im real happy with my number's now.that 683 pull was timing 3,mp-8 30%,and no meth, just water.last time the windshield fluid netted me 22hp.so i can easily tip 700, how can i complain really.thats more then i ever dreamed of having.ill be hitting track to see what the new mods bring me.12.24 being my best.

great run milisha . . .

iam just afrain iam going to get everything else done and the electronics still hold me back. fixn to get my pump built, dragon slayer, hamilton diesel cam, springs, pushrods, head work, and o-ring it. gunna prolly go to some 120 or 150's then we will see what is holding me back............

Another way to look at your situation

You want to either eliminate or raise the level at which you defuel,... I assume so you can get a 1/4 mile at full power since you don't sled pull.

Here may be an option. Not knowing if $$$ is a major issue or not,... consider having your intake, head and exhaust manifold Extrude Honed. It will run you about $2200, as last I knew and the result will be better egt's,.. probably 200 to 250,... lower boost (with a better result) lower drive pressure and all of which should put your defueling out of the picture for a full power 1/4 mile. Just a thought to consider. Also, I can say 1st hand Extrude Hone does a really good job on this and it leaves ALL the surfaces super slick,... kind of feels like teflon. You will need your valve seats cleaned up afterwards. They can measure the flow b-4 and after so you have varifiable data. IMO, it is worth the coin.

yeah but i dont drag race lol its a 6 speed lifted on 37's its a street beater and will see some sled pulling eventually but right now its just my toy and dyno queen but that kinda sux because its defueling on the dyno lol i will have head work done as stated above but i still dont think it will help raise the defuel point that much

ME and a few other 6 speed trucks really think that more power at higher RPM's will really help the shifting and not-losing so much boost problem that we have... That's my main focus here,..

Some of you guys are missing the point.
The 5.9 third gen will make peak power past 3400.
The 03/ early 04 does.
I looked up some old info.

04-05-2008, 06:44 PM
Don M
DTR Advertiser Join Date: Jun 2002

Tim Barber 924 and 949 HP on Diesel

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After the larger turbo blew up a few weeks back when it made 970, the manufacturer decided to try something else so in the mean time Tim bolted his old turbo set up back on.

A HTT 64 over a 480 built by Nathan @ MPI.

He got down to David Dunbars dyno this weekend and made 924 HP on Diesel only and with pure water injection made 949 HP.

The mods are as follows:

Smarty Level 9
TST on 2/0
F1 Flux 6.2 Injectors
MPI 64/480 Turbos
PPE dual CP3's
F1 Helix 2 Cam
F1 Pro/Sportsman Valve Springs

To show that power can be made without pressure added. No pressure boxes, etc were used.

This was his 04 truck with the 555 engine and his hard work getting all the work done!!

Don M
DTR Advertiser Join Date: Jun 2002

Almost 1100 HP

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tim Barber went back to dyno today and got closer to the 1100 HP mark. Diesel Only and uncorrected on a DynoJet!

Some tweaks on the pressure helped.

The first run was 1077 HP. The second was 1090 HP and the boot ripped a hole in it around 3400 RPM. Below the peak power on the engine. I suppose the engine will eclipse 1100 next go round.

At about the same time Onetun was dynoing his

This is a post from Nathan

We seemed to of found a wall in programming. We tried the Smarty, Smarty and TST, and just the TST. We also tried all of the above with and without a MP-8 and Predator. The Smarty on Level 3 and 5.1's made 701hp uncorrected. With 6.5's it made 738hp and with the MP-8 it made 858hp. We were able to get to 878hp uncorrected (930hp corrected) but no matter what we tried it wouldn't go past that. Rail pressure held 25k plus and egt's only got above 1200* with the TST. The fueling falls off right around 3300rpms even though it will turn 4000. The exhaust goes totally clean when it hits 3300. It's gaining 50hp every 100rpms prior to defuel. So now we need Marco's help to get it to fully fuel to 4000. I think this is why no one is making over about 900hp on fuel with a 04.5 and up truck.

Keep in mind were talking fuel only.
doug

If Mulisha is defueling @ 3200 & his trans is shifting through the gears @3500.
His ET could be quicker if he fueled through the shifts.

Although if your planning building power past 3400 , I think a cam & springs need to be there keep the valves in check.

The key words here
The second was 1090 HP and the boot ripped a hole in it around 3400 RPM. Below the peak power on the engine.
AND
We seemed to of found a wall in programming.

Marco & Bob have asked us for our imput every step of the way. I gladly give them my imput & support for there product.
If its one thing I've learned , its patience .

The key words here
The second was 1090 HP and the boot ripped a hole in it around 3400 RPM. Below the peak power on the engine.
AND
We seemed to of found a wall in programming.

Marco & Bob have asked us for our imput every step of the way. I gladly give them my imput & support for there product.
If its one thing I've learned , its patience .

you missed the title to this thread..... it's about 07's having issue. Not one of those guys have one.

thanks triton. and doug im being defueled at around 3k rpm's not 3200. so even more.

you missed the title to this thread..... it's about 07's having issue. Not one of those guys have one.

Yes they do! 04.5's an up have the issue! :) it's the 03/04's that seem to have a good deal going for them ATM.

Yes they do! 04.5's an up have the issue! :) it's the 03/04's that seem to have a good deal going for them ATM.

I don't think as much a issue with the 4.5's and up. Remember the 07's have a different ECM than the rest which may have something to do with the problem some are having

ME and a few other 6 speed trucks really think that more power at higher RPM's will really help the shifting and not-losing so much boost problem that we have... That's my main focus here,..
x2, we'll be able to use 2nd gear thriugh the 60ft, I believe

I don't think as much a issue with the 4.5's and up. Remember the 07's have a different ECM than the rest which may have something to do with the problem some are having
Actually its the 06.5-07 ECM's that why TST's wont work on some 06's.

06's went to can bus. As many said, Chrysler changed the ECU's monthly at one point. Macro has a bit of work I'm sure. But do not discount the 04.5's and 05 and all the other years. The fire goes away at exactly 3600 and stars to cut back a few hundred RPM's before that., and as bh10 said, it would be nice to carry 2nd though the 60 foot. Me, I'm going to try to hammer on 3rd this year.

I just did the math; with my setup trying to carry 5th though the traps in a 1/4 mile run isn't going to happen as that's only 104mph at 4000. So, 6th will be needed. But just the initial "sledpull hole shot" more RPM's would be perfect.

Infact, maybe I can go back to just a nasty single disk clutch if I can move the torque up way higher to make more HP.... I'm sure a pucked single disk with a 3500# plate could hold 700-750hp if you didn't make 1400# feet of torque a 2000rpm :)

it would be nice if BOB WAGNER chimed in a little, to give some knowledge of maybe whats going on, or his opinion.:thankyou2:

Doug60 -

the examples you showed up above where peak power still hadn't been reached at 3400 rpms all had aftermarket cams. Can't compare stock cam power curves to aftermarket cam power curves.