SMARTY DEFUELING ON 07''s ISSUE.

it would be nice if BOB WAGNER chimed in a little, to give some knowledge of maybe whats going on, or his opinion.:thankyou2:

indeed.gif

I sent the link to him.

Hopefully he will have some details or insight for us!

it would be nice if BOB WAGNER chimed in a little, to give some knowledge of maybe whats going on, or his opinion.:thankyou2:

I think Bob has said everything he can. Marco needs to see the truck and that could happen as early as May.

yeh , ill have to agree. lets just hope something gets accomplished.:Cheer:

wow, some read, first post here, but been a long one I chose to read. what happened? one question on the pod and no other replies ? I I hear there are some seriously tallented guys on this forum that know their way to a fast truck, I recognize a few names from other forums, looking forward to a little mre freedom, after all we are grownups talking about trucks, not kids talking about pinewood derby cars. I'll fill in my sig in a few.

wow, some read, first post here, but been a long one I chose to read. what happened? one question on the pod and no other replies ? I I hear there are some seriously tallented guys on this forum that know their way to a fast truck, I recognize a few names from other forums, looking forward to a little mre freedom, after all we are grownups talking about trucks, not kids talking about pinewood derby cars. I'll fill in my sig in a few.

welcome to the forum. You definitely picked a never ending issue to read about. There's several posts several pages long about the same thing. It's something our trucks are experiencing and we've not been able to figure it out....yet.

there he is, how do you like my thread mike lol.:bang. mike triton is a good guy, with some brains.alot of good people here.:Cheer:

anybody run a seperate pressue box care to try an idea on the dyno? need a steady hand fast reflexes,,,,, how bout bumping a level on the pressure box, right at 3k rpm, an extra flow/ pressure of fuel right when the motor is trying to cut back? if it works, I am sure someone could figure out how to make it happen automatically.

EDIT: O George, its a beauty.......:Cheer:

Last edited:
guys, question here. i just was at the track the other night ran a best time of 11.82at 113mph, now the smarty is defueling me about 300ft. before the traps, the power just hits a wall, might as well coast across. now i have 410's in the rear. if i put 373's in will that get me across the line with no defueling, and will it hurt my times at all, if so in what way. thanks......

3.73 will give you more on the top end, might lose on the low end though, but I don't think you will
So I would think with 3.73 your rpms would not be up as high and therefor it would not defuel as soon. You would be able to go faster speed wise before it would defuel.
If the smarty is defueling at a certain rpm anyway.
I have been wrong before though

MULISHA you don't have your mods listed but since you are running 113 in quarter I will take it you have alot done,
with that said disregaurd the part where I said you may lose some low end. You really don't even know.

has anybody switched from 410's to 373's, that can tell me track times differences.

You might see an improvement actually. You know your power gears are high on the trans. I didn't notice that much of a diff between the 373's and 342's. I only noticed it when towing on steep hills. But empty it seems about the same as it was.

Hard to say really. Mine is a 6 speed. Yours is a 4 speed.

Our targets are two different things too. You look for Top Speed and lower ET's. I look for MPG. I did notice the truck coasts longer now. . .

I know 410's are good in gassers. But I thought the 410's were more a towing arrangent than speed. Worst that can happen is your top speed may go up.

well you noticed you spun for the first time in 4x4, meaning you have more power than traction..... dropping to 373 gear might put you back to where you have the traction, eliminating spin = more go..... 1/4 mile is however more about grunt. tough to say, but either way ya go I will be there again to watch/ help where I can.

Haha. Just trying to think of everything to try and get the defuel issue fixd. Can you email me the beta?

Oh also. On my dyno graph were we figured out I had blowin my rail pressure relief valve my truck pulled all the way to 3500rpms. But then I capped it and it falls off at 3k. Just thinknin

If I have time on friday I will be testing Beta 4.2 and TNT/R, to see this exact thing!!!

You a mind reader????

I am 99% sure you are going to see the same issue. I have played with all the betas and get the same deal. Ass dyno.