SMARTY DEFUELING ON 07''s ISSUE.

Thanks for the detailed report Les.

I can sit here and guess all day about what your issue could be. I don't really see "defueling" in your graph, more like a ceiling.

Ultimately, you're probably a little short on air, and a bit short on high pressure fuel.

I couldn't manage any better than 605 on the stock pump. Bolted on II's pump and was at 659. A little more air and was up around 690-- all with the same injectors.

The only thing that makes me think something is limiting your fueling is the fact that you're making the same power on all levels that you tried. With a stock CP3 and 90 hp injectors, you would likely be making less hp on level 8 than level 7. When I ran SW5,7,9, there was about 15hp between each level.

Anyway, thanks for a meaningful post in the middle of bunch of useless rambling.

-jp

JP...I am very curious to see what a good Cp3 can do for me.

I get the fact that I am probably out of fuel, but what boggles my mind is the draining the rail UNTIL peak power is achieved then it spikes up to 25K and holds steady until the run is over....if I am supposed to be fully fueled till 3500rpm's, or 4K wouldnt RP continue to be at the 21-22k level????:bang

The rapid increase in RP after peak power indicates that fuel/duration is being pulled...allowing the rail to become full again and maintain 25K.:what:

JP...I am very curious to see what a good Cp3 can do for me.

I get the fact that I am probably out of fuel, but what boggles my mind is the draining the rail UNTIL peak power is achieved then it spikes up to 25K and holds steady until the run is over....if I am supposed to be fully fueled till 3500rpm's, or 4K wouldnt RP continue to be at the 21-22k level????:bang

The rapid increase in RP after peak power indicates that fuel/duration is being pulled...allowing the rail to become full again and maintain 25K.:what:

I fully understand this^^ I think you've got the right idea.

The numbers you're seeing on the dyno are similar to what 04.5-early 07 trucks are seeing with the same mods -- I know they are right on par with what I ran with a similar setup. (in fact, considering you have a smaller turbo and injectors than I had at the time, I'd say your numbers are better).

here's a dyno graph to look at. You could say the same thing about defueling on the stock pump graph. Installed a modded pump, and saw power climb where it used to drop off. But, even with the pump, it's falling off after 3000 rpm. It doesn't seem to just affect 07 trucks.

4-16002.jpg

that looks exactly like my run's before i got the floor it and mp-8, now its just alot steeper of a graph.with more hp

hold on ill see if i can find it. sw3 and sw9, back before the floor it stage3 and mp-8, springs

these three pulls were done a week after the mods i told you previously, sw3, sw7, and sw9.also no meth , just water. and the mp-8 on around 30-40% tops.i also have 2 more pull's on another day which i used a 80/20 mix with the water/meth, which netted me the additional 10-15hp.youll just have to take my word. i can show you my time slip though lol.
utf-8BSU1HMDAwOTYuanBn.jpg

these three pulls were done a week after the mods i told you previously, sw3, sw7, and sw9.also no meth , just water. and the mp-8 on around 30-40% tops.i also have 2 more pull's on another day which i used a 80/20 mix with the water/meth, which netted me the additional 10-15hp.youll just have to take my word. i can show you my time slip though lol.
utf-8BSU1HMDAwOTYuanBn.jpg

Depending on your tire size, you're probably seeing 3000 rpm at 95 mph?

SW3 is still pulling hard at 90mph, SW9 is dropping at that point.

i knew we were going to hear nothing, highrpm emailed bob the other day cause there using his truck to tune, and hes heard nothing, SO MUCH FOR THE MONTH OF APRIL.but they had time to run a new tune for the 03 04's though.im three weeks away from never using the smarty again and going to BD,at least there tune doesnt defuel and has more hp for the 07's, heck PPE is a good choice for me now to.i am so sick and tired of nothing getting done, i actually dont even give a crap anymore, so ill be moving on to better things.thanks for all the bs bob

i knew we were going to hear nothing, highrpm emailed bob the other day cause there using his truck to tune, and hes heard nothing, SO MUCH FOR THE MONTH OF APRIL.but they had time to run a new tune for the 03 04's though.im three weeks away from never using the smarty again and going to BD,at least there tune doesnt defuel and has more hp for the 07's, heck PPE is a good choice for me now to.i am so sick and tired of nothing getting done, i actually dont even give a crap anymore, so ill be moving on to better things.thanks for all the bs bob

dude, I really think you're expecting more than you'll ever get. The BD DOES NOT make more power and I've shown you already that just because you have a 07 doesn't mean there's a problem. The PPE doesn't make any more power than the Smarty either. I know several who have tried.

Didn't I see that you ran a 11.8 or something like that. That's pretty damn good. I'm not trying to defend the Smarty but, you've made a big deal out of this for a while now. Most who are running the Smarty have been completely happy with it. If you're defueling or hitting the rev limiter you're going to see the problems you have.

You say your truck hits a wall. Hmmmm, that's odd since I also have a 07, I'm probably 1000lbs heavier than you on 37's and can still run high 11's and hit no wall other than once out of the power band.

IMO, you're going to waste your money buying all these different programmers. You'll find they're all very close to the same in what they do.

It's also something Marco will look into, not why he's coming to test. He shows up every so often to " possibly " refine the tunes they already have. He " may " be able to get more rpm's out of his tunes but, I seriously doubt that going to make you any faster.

and btw.... the BD has caused more melt downs and ECM malfunctions that any other programmer out there.