SMARTY DEFUELING ON 07''s ISSUE.

I have an 07 with the same defueling issue. I have porting by jefferson state diesel and 4k springs. mp8 and smarty w/revo. Don't want to go changing tunes till I know it will fix the problem. btw,its a california truck and we all know how the tree huggers are out here...

I've been trying to think of anything that will help. Called and talkd to premeire diesel performance because they are doing custom tuneing and some pretty high rpm stuff but they realy don't wana mess with it unless its a pretty much full built motor. Iam running out of ideas. I talkd to a friend that knows a few people and he said to get a POD and itd take care of it but I realy don't wana have to sale my smarty and by a pod when it may not work. Any more ideas? Bob? marco?

And I meant they are doing custom tunes useing smarty. Its been kept hush hush but I didn't figure it mattered if I said anything in here about it because bob doesn't come in here lol

there's nothing you can do that can help. unless you get marco over here.and the pod aint gonna do a thing for it.

I've been trying to think of anything that will help. Called and talkd to premeire diesel performance because they are doing custom tuneing and some pretty high rpm stuff but they realy don't wana mess with it unless its a pretty much full built motor. Iam running out of ideas. I talkd to a friend that knows a few people and he said to get a POD and itd take care of it but I realy don't wana have to sale my smarty and by a pod when it may not work. Any more ideas? Bob? marco?

Did you read through the other pages of posts? May is the date for Marco to take a look and hopefully fix it!

May is the projected date. If the truck they plan to use is ready. Abd I've read through every page more than once. If it were me doin this I'd atleast keep my valued customers up to date more than just sayin prolly may.

we are discussing this right now, its on the top of the list. thanks

I have the same issue with my smarty defueling bad,Truck was dyno at left coast diesel (CA.) the drop off was a spike,I don't mind paying the money i just want it fixed right.Like some of the others i really prefer not to change so hopefully this get's resolved soon.

May is the projected date. If the truck they plan to use is ready. Abd I've read through every page more than once. If it were me doin this I'd atleast keep my valued customers up to date more than just sayin prolly may.

It is my truck and it is ready to go!

Here's a dyno sheet from Friday night...I ran TNT/R on SW6,7,8 with default timing on all, with Rp-3, and TQ-4....looks like I plateau pretty good...but would you call it de-fueling???

Interesting caveat though..while running I was able to observe rail pressure and noticed that through out the run I was seeing 21-22K until 2800Rpms when my Rp spiked up to 25.5K and stayed there until the run was done. At the same time a friend who was observing noticed that about the same time I had a puff of black smoke then clean until the end of the run.

We both came to the conclusion that my RP spike, peak HP, and puff of smoke all happened at the same time.

Why would I be draining the rail until peak power then all of a sudden RP comes back, smoke goes away and power begins to drop off??? All at 2750 RPM's...

Also why would I make the same power on SW6,7,8??? The blue line is on Sw7 with default timing and you can clearly see that my truck does not like timing down low....power under the curve was 30-40hp down with timing.

Any thoughts???

img014.jpg

im not the best at reading graph's, so any advice from me is probally worthless, all i know is at the track the other night, about 300 ft. before the traps, my truck just dies, i might as well let off the gas and coast across, it would be the same thing.hopefully this is the month according to high rpm's and bob wagner.

I'd say it looks pretty good and that it wasn't taken to 4K on the dyno. That's the huge drop right after 3K. If it was taken to 4K then yeah.... that's a huge wall of defueling it likely hit.

I'd say it looks pretty good and that it wasn't taken to 4K on the dyno. That's the huge drop right after 3K. If it was taken to 4K then yeah.... that's a huge wall of defueling it likely hit.

No, that was with the 4K on, but I didnt take it to 4K. I am not a huge fan of 4K without my Fluidamper on, besides that it really a long time from 3K to 4K and not too fond of the lengthy pull.

I was just looking to see if the long flat shelf is indicative of not enough fueling, I see others graphs that carry well past 2700, and dont make peak power until 32-3300.

Would a good Cp3 help out a ton?? I am looking to getting a II 85% in a week or so...would I notice a big difference on the graph with it??? Right now I have a BONE stock Cp3 and DDP 90's.

Maybe I dont have the de-fueling issue I though I had....mines a '07 Dec of '07

a modded cp3 will only make your graph steeper,if that makes any sense to ya.instead of a 45 DEGREE ANGLE IT WILL BE 25 DEG.

Here's a dyno sheet from Friday night...I ran TNT/R on SW6,7,8 with default timing on all, with Rp-3, and TQ-4....looks like I plateau pretty good...but would you call it de-fueling???

Interesting caveat though..while running I was able to observe rail pressure and noticed that through out the run I was seeing 21-22K until 2800Rpms when my Rp spiked up to 25.5K and stayed there until the run was done. At the same time a friend who was observing noticed that about the same time I had a puff of black smoke then clean until the end of the run.

We both came to the conclusion that my RP spike, peak HP, and puff of smoke all happened at the same time.

Why would I be draining the rail until peak power then all of a sudden RP comes back, smoke goes away and power begins to drop off??? All at 2750 RPM's...

Also why would I make the same power on SW6,7,8??? The blue line is on Sw7 with default timing and you can clearly see that my truck does not like timing down low....power under the curve was 30-40hp down with timing.

Any thoughts???

img014.jpg

Noting that you made the same power on all same levels is something we noticed. We made the same power on 5, 7, 9 and that was our first clue something was up. As was posted it is not a full defuel more of a flatline or governed power.

The bottom line is these 07's graphs are different than other years running the TNT-R.

My guess is it has to do with the CAN.

The blue line with 7 and timing is really low on the torque curve also. Strange.

Last edited:

Any thoughts???

img014.jpg

Thanks for the detailed report Les.

I can sit here and guess all day about what your issue could be. I don't really see "defueling" in your graph, more like a ceiling.

Ultimately, you're probably a little short on air, and a bit short on high pressure fuel.

I couldn't manage any better than 605 on the stock pump. Bolted on II's pump and was at 659. A little more air and was up around 690-- all with the same injectors.

The only thing that makes me think something is limiting your fueling is the fact that you're making the same power on all levels that you tried. With a stock CP3 and 90 hp injectors, you would likely be making less hp on level 8 than level 7. When I ran SW5,7,9, there was about 15hp between each level.

Anyway, thanks for a meaningful post in the middle of bunch of useless rambling.

-jp

its being defueled, period.thats why marco is on his way over to meet with bob and look at high rpm's 07 truck.