Smarty S03

I gave up on this years ago, my only regret is not giving up on it sooner. It would have saved me a lot of time fighting it to get what I wanted when I should have just moved on.

Yeah you know it wouldnt be so bad for us all if they atleast gave us something to talk about... Some examples of the updates, they were testing a VP truck or anything. But not even a reply to us. Didnt take me long to give up i know that.

when's the last time something came out for the SO3? 2006? 2007? they shouldn't be stringing these guys along IMHO. Just say they're not going to do anything further and drop it. Only thing the SO3 did for me is add some timing, clear codes and make it more difficult to control smoke on the bottom end. The only people impressed were the guys trying measure what gains a muffler delete and BHAF gave them on a stock rig. Oh and the silencer ring, lets not forget that.

It gave me some serious gains on my 1/4 compared to my edge, on my specific setup.I will have exact numbers in 2 weeks.

I never put my 24 valve down the 1/4, didn't see much point with the nv5600. But I never felt a top end difference at all, I was running pretty big injectors so all it did was over-fuel the bottom end and change nothing on top. Maybe bringing in the fuel so hard on the bottom was good for the guys running smaller injectors but it sucked for me.

I had it stacked with my edge and 110s with an hx 35. Actually helped both top and bottom end. I once learned the smarty adjusts the throttle response making only 50 percent right foot 100 percent power. So top end all i had to do was hold the throttle in 50 percent and it felt like it gave more power then putting the right foot to the floor. Not sure if that makes sense but it defiantly had a difference.

yeah that's just changing the scaling of the throttle, it's a cheap old tuner trick to make you think you have more power than you do.

If you all start saving now you might be able to afford a ppump conversion or maybe even a 4th gen by the time they do or say anything of value...

Ttt lets see some progress please!!! Tired of waiting on smarty! Fixing to go ahead and buy an edge comp already....

Ttt lets see some progress please!!! Tired of waiting on smarty! Fixing to go ahead and buy an edge comp already....

Do it then man. Smarty never asked you to run their programmer. You have to realize that these VP trucks are getting to be ancient technology and cannot compete with a p-pump or a common rail. It is not worth MADS money to spend more time on this just because there are still a few bull headed guys that think big power can be made easily with these trucks.

We are simply asking for info on a product that they announced they were working on 2 years ago. A teaser report of what new features and power would make us happy for now. Just to know that they are actually working on this and not just talking about it

Once again I don't blame them for just "talking" about it. If in fact that's all they are doing.

Just as I said before, the VP is ancient technology, after 15 years of being on the market I don't see how all the sudden they can tap into new power.

Once again I don't blame them for just "talking" about it. If in fact that's all they are doing.

Just as I said before, the VP is ancient technology, after 15 years of being on the market I don't see how all the sudden they can tap into new power.

This^

They may come out with something new but will it actually improve the vp over anything that is already out? Doubt it. This is a way to get people looking at smarty programmers again if anything. Guessing we will get a response from smarty soon "trust me it's worth the wait ;) "

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Part of the progress has been made. As to the rest, I am still patiently waiting to hear more on a time line. :pop: I know it will not be soon as these things take a lot of effort and hours, and then go thru all the testing stages. I will be excited when the time comes to have that on my personal VP truck. :pop:

I'm still waiting. Looking for new trucks now and turning the VP into a play toy. I need better tuning!