Southern Outlaw Diesel

how about an 11.50 class for us slow trucks.....maybe for 250$ a pop.....i can see alot of truck showing up for that....just throwing it out there..:tree:

Ther is a 12.0 class but 250 would be too steep for me. I could handle 100.00 though

It's either a good thing or a bad thing. This might stop some people from coming out to race that Don't have the money for hotel,traveling expenses + another $500 just to enter. We are not quite Top Fuel in which each team has sponsor money to pay everything.

I personally agree....im not sure why but I do. If im gonna go out and break shat I at least want to have the chance to win money.

Friends ask me all the time " You win any money with this racing " And I tell them the honest truth....nope. They always ask why the h3ll you do it then?

I agree, there is an upside and downside. But i dont think many of the pro street guys will back out over a $500 entry.

I've been roping and rodeoing all my life, and the big pots always bring the most(and best) competitors out. There is always a big difference in turnout between a $250 added and a $1000 added rodeo.

I also think it will keep everyone pushing the envelope to win.

how about an 11.50 class for us slow trucks.....maybe for 250$ a pop.....i can see alot of truck showing up for that....just throwing it out there..:tree:

I agree, I'd like to see a true street class, with an ET dial right on the line where a cage is needed @ 11.49 IIRC. There is no gap between the 7.70/12.0 class and the 10 second classes which leaves me either getting put out of the big boy classes by Rudy like @ PRI :)Cheer:) or slamming on the brakes and sandbagging in the QD class. I'd pay $250 entry for a true street/11.50 class, and i'd probably still enter QD to boot...

I agree, I'd like to see a true street class, with an ET dial right on the line where a cage is needed @ 11.49 IIRC. There is no gap between the 7.70/12.0 class and the 10 second classes which leaves me either getting put out of the big boy classes by Rudy like @ PRI :)Cheer:) or slamming on the brakes and sandbagging in the QD class. I'd pay $250 entry for a true street/11.50 class, and i'd probably still enter QD to boot...

thats exactly how i feel, cant compete against docboy, toolman ect....and the 12.0 class kinda sucks..i gotta run sw1 to run a 12.0.....to much of a gap between the 2 classes like you said...11.50 11.49 would be awesome.....:tree:

I can't make it, it's just too far, but I add my .02 for what it's worth.

The Super Street class doesn't make much sense. Why have a big gap between Super Street and Pro street in weight? The trucks in that weight category should either get up to 4500 lbs or move up in class. The Pro mod class in this case.

Like the idea of the reladdering after to avoid single passes in the first round if the other truck is broke in Prostreet.

The index class would be a lot more fun if it were closer to 11.50. Problem being if the trucks do hit 11.50 or 11.49 and they don't have a roll bar they will get tossed. Loser would win in that case if it had the correct safety equipment or didn't go fast enough to need it. Not many daily drivers have roll bars. Might want to set it as say 11.65 or 11.70.

Better see what the traffic will bear for entry fees. The Prostrock guys probably don't mind the $500 entry fee. The index guys may want something less and I doubt many of the bracket racers would want to fork out $500 for an entry.

I can't make it, it's just too far, but I add my .02 for what it's worth.

The Super Street class doesn't make much sense. Why have a big gap between Super Street and Pro street in weight? The trucks in that weight category should either get up to 4500 lbs or move up in class. The Pro mod class in this case.

Like the idea of the reladdering after to avoid single passes in the first round if the other truck is broke in Prostreet.

The index class would be a lot more fun if it were closer to 11.50. Problem being if the trucks do hit 11.50 or 11.49 and they don't have a roll bar they will get tossed. Loser would win in that case if it had the correct safety equipment or didn't go fast enough to need it. Not many daily drivers have roll bars. Might want to set it as say 11.65 or 11.70.

Better see what the traffic will bear for entry fees. The Prostrock guys probably don't mind the $500 entry fee. The index guys may want something less and I doubt many of the bracket racers would want to fork out $500 for an entry.

Ken,

You need to forget about your precious NHRDA SuperStreet when discussing the Outlaw rules. The Outlaw SuperStreet class is for the full framed small trucks (Rangers, S-10's, ect.). Full size, full framed trucks have 4 classes they can run in. ProStreet, SuperStock, QD, or ET.

As for the QD index, there is no reason it can't be 11.50. Several of my local tracks run 11.50 and 10.00 index classes. They don't "toss" people for running under because if you do, you either don't qualify or you got eliminated.

Ken,

You need to forget about your precious NHRDA SuperStreet when discussing the Outlaw rules. The Outlaw SuperStreet class is for the full framed small trucks (Rangers, S-10's, ect.). Full size, full framed trucks have 4 classes they can run in. ProStreet, SuperStock, QD, or ET.

As for the QD index, there is no reason it can't be 11.50. Several of my local tracks run 11.50 and 10.00 index classes. They don't "toss" people for running under because if you do, you either don't qualify or you got eliminated.

Guess we are saying about the samething relative to the QD rules. But what if both trucks run quicker than the index and both do not have roll bars? They both get eliminated? In a class where the trucks have the proper equipment the one who breaks out the least advances. How would it work in this case?

Still think the Superstreet class isn't needed. How many trucks are there that fit that class? I can think of 2 right off the top but there may be more. Weight up to 4500 lbs and lower the Prostreet weight class to that amount or move up in class, too damn many classes the way it is.

The Superstock class appears to have priced itself out of the everyday Joe racer pocket book to be competitive, (at least if what those special chargers are costing if what I was told is correct), which is what I thought it's orginal intent. It will be interesting to see if that class survives.

Would love to come and race but it's just too far. Hope it is successful and everyone is safe and doesn't break.

superstock would be the coolest IMO for the average joe if everyone ran spec'd chargers, maybe be able to run whatever wheel you want but it better be under this XXX unmodified cover

FWIW, I will not have an outlaw super street entry at the race.

Doesn't look like the race is gonna happen right now. I have a meeting with track officials Thurs. night. I'm really hoping they will work with me and host the race. I guess the economy has everyone beat down, just not getting any feedback or interest in this one. I really hope some of the organizations have better luck generating some interest. This race isn't dead yet, but it's not looking very good right now. I'll keep you posted.

Doesn't look like the race is gonna happen right now. I have a meeting with track officials Thurs. night. I'm really hoping they will work with me and host the race. I guess the economy has everyone beat down, just not getting any feedback or interest in this one. I really hope some of the organizations have better luck generating some interest. This race isn't dead yet, but it's not looking very good right now. I'll keep you posted.

Gary,

Would pre-paying the entry fee help?

Gary,

Would pre-paying the entry fee help?

Greg, I'm really undecided at the moment. I have a meeting tomorrow night with the track officials. I'm pretty sure that we are going to be able to reach an agreement. What I'm gathering is they want a title sponsor for the event. I guess that would be be :nail: So I'm going to kick and scream until I get my way. I'm sure that there will be plenty of racers to satisfy their need. They understandably don't want to make a bad investment and I'm going to tell them just how great we are. I'll let everyone know late tomorrow night what is going on.

Ok the race is officially on for February!!!!!!! Details to follow probably Monday. If we are going to change the weight and turbo rules for Super Stock to get some entries let's be quick and consise about it. I'm all ear's, what do the racers want?

I speak only for myself but I won't be competitive in super stock whatsoever unless we run 7k weight limit... I think a non-clipped 66 wheel would be tits too... again, just me talking here, not for the group..

and thats probably dreaming big, single cabs would have to add weight... lol

Ok the race is officially on for February!!!!!!! Details to follow probably Monday. If we are going to change the weight and turbo rules for Super Stock to get some entries let's be quick and consise about it. I'm all ear's, what do the racers want?

Please do not take this the wrongway (no pun intended), but making changes to the rules only a month/month and half from the race date might not be the best idea...unless you think it will boost the racer count a lot. Just me two cents.