Southern Outlaw Diesel

I would leave the turbo rules in place and bump weight up to 7k and see how it goes. Changing turbo rules would be too much at the last minute probably. But weight can be added pretty easily.

That would take out any 2wd trucks, I had to add 860lbs to make 6k.

Mine is 4x4 and I was already having to add 300lbs and that was with a full tank of diesel. But If parts dont come in I wont make it anyways lol

Alright, here is what I'm going to do. Super Stock will remain exactly as last year except there will be a structered payout. Pro Street will be $500.00 entry fee, normal Pro Street rules apply, structered payout. Top Diesel and Pro Stock will depend on interest and attendence. I want to do something for the heavy guys and this is what I'm thinking. 7000 lbs. for the 4x4's, 6250 lbs for the 2x4's, single S300 66mm turbo, no injectables, DOT tires. That should appeal to all of the 4 door shortbed guys a lot. ET should fill up rather nice and the Super Street is debatable with me as to where it should be included or not. My goal for this race is to pay back into the field as far as possible so that most all of the racers will go home with something in there pockets. Super Stock and Pro Street are not debateable, the rest is. Flame suit is on, so have at it. Rules and projected payouts will follow. Gary

7k for 4x4 6500 for 2x4 would be cool... i could actually race!

Great to hear that Bradenton is still on next month!

Glad you avoided any deal-breaking Super Stock rule changes. :Cheer:

Sweet I can't wait im doing everything I can to make this race again this year! I had a blast last year and want it to keep going!! Gary are you going to allow multiple drivers in the same truck in ET again this year? And if so are we going to have an actual bracket to follow or just who comes to the line first again? I just dont want a repete of last year where one truck with 2 drivers had a bye pass in almost every round just because they were switching drivers and werent ready.

Sweet I can't wait im doing everything I can to make this race again this year! I had a blast last year and want it to keep going!! Gary are you going to allow multiple drivers in the same truck in ET again this year? And if so are we going to have an actual bracket to follow or just who comes to the line first again? I just dont want a repete of last year where one truck with 2 drivers had a bye pass in almost every round just because they were switching drivers and werent ready.

No sir, one truck one driver. The track is gonna handle the brackets this time.

Please dont take this wrong but a race like this needs to be talked up for months to get some good numbers and attendance. Awesome idea and hope to make on of these, but this is a bit soon after announcement for a big $500 buy in race.

$500.00 for Super Stock is the same buy in as last year. I spoke with and announced my intentions of raising the entry fee for this race only in Pro Street. Everything else has been discussed and the remainder of the classes are unchanged. So, I guess I'm not getting what you are talking about. This race was announced in March 2011. Am I missing something here?

Gary,
Is the weight and turbo changes taking effect this year for Super Stock or is that something you are thinking about for next year? I am asking because in the first line you said the rules will remain the same and then a ways down you talked about these changes . Just want to be clear. I think these are good changes in the long run but might be hard to do if your already set up.

the "heavy guy" (s300's, dot tires.. etc) class sounds like the original intent of the super stock class... jus'sayin

Looks like I'll be running 12.0 :/

$500.00 for Super Stock is the same buy in as last year. I spoke with and announced my intentions of raising the entry fee for this race only in Pro Street. Everything else has been discussed and the remainder of the classes are unchanged. So, I guess I'm not getting what you are talking about. This race was announced in March 2011. Am I missing something here?

My bad I thought this was the 1st thread about this years race. I missed the one in March apparently. A bit surprised I look in the drag racing section once a week at least. Good luck and hope it works out well.

Super Stock will remain exactly as last year except there will be a structered payout!
There are NO changes to Super Stock!!! I re-read my post and I see what you are talking about. The ONLY change to Super Stock will be the payout. I want to send every racer in Super Stock home with some money in their pockets. The statement where I said I wanted to do something for the "HEAVY GUYS" is a completely different CLASS. Since there are a lot of people wanting something for their HEAVY TRUCKS I was thinking out loud. If there is enough interest for them I will ADD a class. I know I made it sound like I was changing Super Stock, but I am not. Here is a list of possible classes for this race.
1. Top Diesel - entry fee will be nominal for this class. ie rails
2. Pro Stock - entry fee will be nominal for this class. ie altereds and crazy stuff
3. Super Stock - $500.00 entry. Same exact rules as the 2011 race
4. Pro Street - $500.00 entry. Outlaw rules and payback to at least 10th place
5. 12.0 Class - normal entry fee
6. ET - normal fees and bracket style
* 7. Possible "HEAVY" class- Single S300 based 66mm turbo, DOT tires, NO injectables, 7000lb minimum weight 4x4's, and 6250lbs minimum weight for 2x4's. This is the class i want to ADD and need your input on.
8. Truck Show and Shine
9. Burnout Competition
10. Comp D. Bar B Que Competition
I would like to have as many vendors as possible and CLASS sponsors, I can even offer each lane for sale to anyone that wishes to have their company name announced all 3 days of the event. Also someone to sponsor the quickest reaction time in the class of their choice. Same could go for the fastest ET or MPH in the class of their choice. I'm just trying to raise as much money and interest in this race to benefit the competitors. I'm not looking to make anything off of this race, I will need help with actual expenses. I am trying to the best of my ability to give each and everyone that participates or spectates something. Be it a good time, or money in their pockets I want everyone to have a positive trip to Florida. Money for Super Stock and Pro Street can be mailed to me now. If you wish to sponsor a class or anything else would you please get in touch with me as soon as possible so I can have your name on the event flyer. I will take checks for any fees up until Feb. 14th, after that I will only accept cash. I hope I have cleared up any question's that I may have caused. If not, feel free to pm me as to keep this thread on the right track. Gary

My bad I thought this was the 1st thread about this years race. I missed the one in March apparently. A bit surprised I look in the drag racing section once a week at least. Good luck and hope it works out well.

That was totally my fault:bang I was posting all of my info in one of the Super Stock threads. I was made aware of my mistake by a fellow member and promptly moved my comments to the drag racing thread. I think I'm good to go now. I appreciate your comments and interest. Now pack your stuff and get ready to come to Florida! :snoop:

Back