SS/PS build

I bet they would rather take over the SS class for a while. Ol Rob has been laying the smack down for a while.

Well... I believe I'm going to back half the truck. Appears the big events are going to be pro street fields only so I want to do the best I can. And with the Super Street class as fast as it is now. There really isn't much difference. If I'm gonna get whipped by Micah and Ben in super street running 9.30's-9.50's. I might at well go to a class that every event seems to have and get whipped there LOL. To me it's only going to help grow the class. Micah, Ben, Ryan and Minter may as well follow me. The times those guys put up. They would likely be a big player in the pro class right off the bat.

Anthony and Pro class should not be in the same sentence.

Well... I believe I'm going to back half the truck. Appears the big events are going to be pro street fields only so I want to do the best I can. And with the Super Street class as fast as it is now. There really isn't much difference. If I'm gonna get whipped by Micah and Ben in super street running 9.30's-9.50's. I might at well go to a class that every event seems to have and get whipped there LOL. To me it's only going to help grow the class. Micah, Ben, Ryan and Minter may as well follow me. The times those guys put up. They would likely be a big player in the pro class right off the bat.

Why not copy Micah and be able to run either?

Why not copy Micah and be able to run either?

If I was as fast as them yes. And I would understand why they wouldn't for sure. However I need all the help I can get. And with what looks like some additional big events only having pro street. I think building to fit that class works best. And... With most of the pro street guys not running nhrda. It doesn't hurt anything by removing a truck for SS.

Sou you are saying you cut bad lights and are not straight? Figures.

Suck it timmy. 9's like I said I would. You should have to write loser on your forehead! Lucky for you I popped a charger and intercooler or you would have had to do it. Even though you wouldnt have!

I would have done it.... If only to avoid the public shaming.

Any updates on your pile?

I would have done it.... If only to avoid the public shaming.

Any updates on your pile?

Behind schedule... Motor is out, trans is being freshened up and waiting to open up the motor and see what it looks like. Had a hard season without any issue so want to see what everything looks like. I'm not making a single change for next year except for suspension. In the market for a 2wd I suppose. No sense in playing in Super Street as fast as it is. Off to pro street for good for 2016 I believe. Looking for a 2wd roller to get started on right away.

I don't think ProStreet is going to be any slower or less competitive, you might need to step clear up to ProStock if you want a class with easy podium finishes, it's not hard to make top 3 when there are only 2-3 competitors....

Not questioning the move up, just questioning the logic/reasoning behind moving up....

I don't think ProStreet is going to be any slower or less competitive, you might need to step clear up to ProStock if you want a class with easy podium finishes, it's not hard to make top 3 when there are only 2-3 competitors....

Not questioning the move up, just questioning the logic/reasoning behind moving up....

I hope Pro Stock has more than the typical 2-3 cars this year. I know of a few new toys coming out in the class...

I hope Pro Stock has more than the typical 2-3 cars this year. I know of a few new toys coming out in the class...

Problem is that we've been hearing that for years Dallas and they stay in hiding.

My Camino is just getting finished with the frame and whole chassis being reworked. May not make Bakersfield but trying like heck.

Move up is because I'm dual classing. I have a 6000 lb truck for NHRDA and running the outlaw events against 4500 lb trucks. Both running low 9's. So I'm at a big disadvantage when it comes to the outlaw races, which are very big and well attended. I'm cool with filling a spot to fill a class up. But I don't like going into pro street hoping the other guy breaks so I can get a win. I want to lay the wood to some m'fers on my own without an excuse as to why I lost or they lost. No ego or anything involved. I want to win but am not an excuse maker if I do. I want to go fast and have fun. And do some side betting. And if I have to write LOSER on my forehead again, so be it LOL. And taking my 6000lb leaf spring truck into pro street ensures I'll be the one paying up on lost bets...

Last edited:
Problem is that we've been hearing that for years Dallas and they stay in hiding.

My Camino is just getting finished with the frame and whole chassis being reworked. May not make Bakersfield but trying like heck.

I'm just glad that there is light at the end of my tunnel. My truck has been such a huge project but is finally starting to look like it might see more than my Pro Jacks. I'd love for there to be at least an 8 car field in Pro Stock one day. That would put a smile on my face!

I don't understand the whole Super Street being fast thing....yeah, a few have run low 9s, but low 10s have still won the Worlds the last two years!

Back