SS/PS build

Is that just a bumper cover. Is it installed over bumper or did u take stock bumper off? If so how did u mount it? I'm trying to find a sport set up with not much luck. I want to get some weight off the front I want to find a glass bumper but most go over stock bumper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk el jefa

Is that just a bumper cover. Is it installed over bumper or did u take stock bumper off? If so how did u mount it? I'm trying to find a sport set up with not much luck. I want to get some weight off the front I want to find a glass bumper but most go over stock bumper

It's a fiberglass skin from street scene. The top and bottom factory plastic on the bumpers can be removed and trashed. I then sat the fiberglass over the metal bumper. Marked some mounting holes to attach the new fiberglass to the metal bumper. Then marked all the unwanted area's and gutted the metal bumper out.

Grille came in. Anyone know the threads to attach the grille bracket to the hood? 7mmx1.00 maybe? I'll scoop some bolts up on the way home today if I know.

I believe they are a tapered ended bolt with attached washer iirc..

I believe they are a tapered ended bolt with attached washer iirc..

I was thinking the ones that attach the grille to the grille bracket are. But the one's that attach the bracket to the hood are not?

I'm taking off the rest of the day. So I'll find out here shortly. Put the hood and grille in the bed and take it to rural king with me sounds the easiest.

I'm pretty much ready for paint and the motor now. I'm going to wait and mount the trans cooler when we get the trans in. Waiting on the adapter kit from Grant to get the new wheel installed and we will be ready to roll.
I pulled the stickers and the trim off yesterday. In doing so the badges took some paint with it. But being on there for 20 years I expected that. So someones sticker will just have to go there. Here I thought parts were expensive. Sum biatch those 3M eraser wheels are high!

Attachments

• truckandintercooler.jpg
    truckandintercooler.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 0
  • bumper.jpg
    bumper.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 0
  • bumpersinstalled.jpg
    bumpersinstalled.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 0
  • bumpersinstalled1.jpg
    bumpersinstalled1.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 0
  • nitrouspassenger.jpg
    nitrouspassenger.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 0
Northeast Diesel 13mm pump. Get you some!

Attachments

• 20140113_104121.jpg
    20140113_104121.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 0
Bumper cover looks familiar.
gysu3a5a.jpg

That truck should run good!

I think I'll take ur lead and follow with cover. Looks great

I'm pictured out for a week I'd say. Not much else to do until the motor is ready to roll. I'll get some pics of it up when I can.

bump need an update!!!

Nothing as far as work has changed. The set up has changed a bit though. And we are going to run triples instead of twins. I'm loading it up in a few minutes and going to mount the winch. Once I do that, it's off to Fleece on Monday.
Transmission is on it's way to me now, transfer case is fixed. HOPEFULLY the motor will be done next week. May 17th event in St. Louis is gonna be cutting it close. But should be good to go for TS still.

Nothing as far as work has changed. The set up has changed a bit though. And we are going to run triples instead of twins. I'm loading it up in a few minutes and going to mount the winch. Once I do that, it's off to Fleece on Monday.
Transmission is on it's way to me now, transfer case is fixed. HOPEFULLY the motor will be done next week. May 17th event in St. Louis is gonna be cutting it close. But should be good to go for TS still.

That's cool man just given you a hard time. I pulled my trans out last night for the third time. Going to Darren also to get him to go threw it and build it to his specs, manual VB also, upgrading from Phil's triple disk to his quad disk as well!!

That's cool man just given you a hard time. I pulled my trans out last night for the third time. Going to Darren also to get him to go threw it and build it to his specs, manual VB also, upgrading from Phil's triple disk to his quad disk as well!!

Ya I let them build it how they want and I'll figure out how to run it LOL. Well I think I will anyways.

Ya I let them build it how they want and I'll figure out how to run it LOL. Well I think I will anyways.

That's my plan, I talked to both of them today and they will be getting shipped out Monday morning!!

Back