SS/PS build

Nothing as far as work has changed. The set up has changed a bit though. And we are going to run triples instead of twins. I'm loading it up in a few minutes and going to mount the winch. Once I do that, it's off to Fleece on Monday.

Transmission is on it's way to me now, transfer case is fixed. HOPEFULLY the motor will be done next week. May 17th event in St. Louis is gonna be cutting it close. But should be good to go for TS still.

Wasn't this truck in great running condition with a pretty fresh engine when you bought it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasn't this truck in great running condition with a pretty fresh engine when you bought it?

Didn't want the motor. So I bought a roller. So not even close. Pretty much have to build an entire truck except for body panels. And the hood and front fenders aren't attached. Lots of work.

Didn't want the motor. So I bought a roller. So not even close. Pretty much have to build an entire truck except for body panels. And the hood and front fenders aren't attached. Lots of work.

Yea I would say that's a lot of work really fast. Is the engine anything special?

Just another 12 valve is all. Nothing in it that someone else hasn't already used.

Had a few pm's about the bumper. It's a fiberglass cover made by street scene. I got it from Xtown Performance along with a roll pan. To mount it you just remove the plastic from the factory bumper. Find where you want bolt it up. Drill the holes and put the bolts in. I ended up gutting the bumper a little more than what is shown in the picture but it gives you an idea. 4 1/2 cut wheel on the grinder is all I used. Knocked the burs off and mounted it up.

Attachments

• bumpers.jpg
    bumpers.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Had a few pm's about the bumper. It's a fiberglass cover made by street scene. I got it from Xtown Performance along with a roll pan. To mount it you just remove the plastic from the factory bumper. Find where you want bolt it up. Drill the holes and put the bolts in. I ended up gutting the bumper a little more than what is shown in the picture but it gives you an idea. 4 1/2 cut wheel on the grinder is all I used. Knocked the burs off and mounted it up.

dodge 1.jpg

Street Scene is the way to go!

If your serious about weight savings- take the stock bumper- plastic trim and bumper brackets and throw them into the weeds.

Fab up some aluminum mounts and use dzus fasteners to mount it up.

I didn't like how the bumper stuck out on the sides by the fenders- so I ended up slicing the bumper in half and removed a section out of the middle and then while using some scrap sheet metal I clecoed the two pieces of bumper together and f-glassed it together again let the f-glass dry- removed scrap metal and clecos and did the finish work. I used the solid street scene bumper cover btw.

Just throwing that out there. :Cheer:

Racinduallie, that's way too much work! I can see the aluminum mounts, but not slicing up that fiberglass bumper cover.

My cover just slides over the existing bumper and snaps in place. No bolts or mounting of any sort. It is tight once you get it on, and hasn't failed in over 5 years.

Racinduallie, that's way too much work! I can see the aluminum mounts, but not slicing up that fiberglass bumper cover.

My cover just slides over the existing bumper and snaps in place. No bolts or mounting of any sort. It is tight once you get it on, and hasn't failed in over 5 years.
:hehe: It may be too much work for some, but I just didn't like how it stuck out there on the ends.... Really wasn't too much work- sawzalled it down the center then took an equal slice out of each piece and spliced it back together again.... Looks nice and tight at the corners. I just thought it looked too bulky out of the box......

If your serious about weight savings- take the stock bumper- plastic trim and bumper brackets and throw them into the weeds.

Fab up some aluminum mounts and use dzus fasteners to mount it up.

I didn't like how the bumper stuck out on the sides by the fenders- so I ended up slicing the bumper in half and removed a section out of the middle and then while using some scrap sheet metal I clecoed the two pieces of bumper together and f-glassed it together again let the f-glass dry- removed scrap metal and clecos and did the finish work. I used the solid street scene bumper cover btw.

Just throwing that out there. :Cheer:
I'm not too worried really. SS is a 6000 lb class so I'll likely be adding a little weight anyhow.
I know what you are saying on the skin sticking out a hair on each side. But I don't do body work. So I'll just deal with it LOL. I'm not getting to particular on the cosmetics this year anyhow. Just wanting to get it up and running. This winter I'll work at making it look nicer. It just might hit the track the way it looks now.

Last edited:
I'm not too worried really. SS is a 6000 lb class so I'll likely be adding a little weight anyhow.
I know what you are saying on the skin sticking out a hair on each side. But I don't do body work. So I'll just deal with it LOL. I'm not getting to particular on the cosmetics this year anyhow. Just wanting to get it up and running. This winter I'll work at making it look nicer. It just might hit the track the way it looks now.

I hear ya- but its nice when you can maximize the weight loss potentials which is paramount off the front where the heavy Cummins and turbos reside. And its nice to place weight pucks or weight bars to meet class weight and maximize launching potentials by putting the weight in the asss end of the truck. :Cheer:

Couldn't decide which one to run. So I've decided to run all three... That is after I give the big one a shot all by itself first.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 0
  • photo4.jpg
    photo4.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 0
The manifold is a nice piece also, who is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk el jefa

Back