SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

After driving with the 1.6b file all I can say is WOW. Lots of changes have went into this file and my peddle feels like driving a stock truck now smoke has cut down a lot but at the same time the truck feels so smooth and pulls hard.
My Settings from tonight same settings I ran with 1.5b:
Tq-1
Tm LL-20
Tm Hl-34
Rp LL-20
Rp Hl-20
Dur Ll-18
Dur Hl-28
Pilot On

Thanks to everyone for the feedback. The update is sounding very promising from several customers.

Thank you

Well i got 1.6 THANKS BOB!! i work at 5am but got it loaded and went around the block twice! Feels good and strong bumped the timing up a little will report tomorrow on a 50 mile drive one way to work!
lt 32
ht 35
lr 5
hr 5
ld 18
hd 15

Well i got 1.6 THANKS BOB!! i work at 5am but got it loaded and went around the block twice! Feels good and strong bumped the timing up a little will report tomorrow on a 50 mile drive one way to work!
lt 32
ht 35
lr 5
hr 5
ld 18
hd 15

You need to use eithe the mp8 or smarty for rp or your gonna have issues

I went back to lower rail pressure numbers. the unlocked rattle got much worse, low or high timing values. :(

OK just did 50 miles on 1.6b! Ride was smooth power was really nice but it took 4 gallons to get here double of my average. Still have that wierd rattle at high rpm's?? Above 2800. Runs fine any other time! Noticed when I shut it down it shook the truck hard? Restarted to make sure it was doing it and yup shook hard on shut down!?
i did run higher rp 20 for both because of what wicked said. Maybe that's why the fuel consumption was so high!?

What kind of issues? Pressure is good and steady! To much and the smoke is bad!

In your sig you have the mp8 listed. Wicked was referring to the fact that you use one or the other. If your not using the mp8 then disconnect it. is interferes with rp and boost signals.

OK just did 50 miles on 1.6b! Ride was smooth power was really nice but it took 4 gallons to get here double of my average. Still have that wierd rattle at high rpm's?? Above 2800. Runs fine any other time! Noticed when I shut it down it shook the truck hard? Restarted to make sure it was doing it and yup shook hard on shut down!?
i did run higher rp 20 for both because of what wicked said. Maybe that's why the fuel consumption was so high!?

Drop your LLT to 15 or 17 and tune from there. High LLT consumes more fuel and the rattle you getting is because too much LLT and not enough fuel in the form of duration. BUT if you increase duration you will get more smoke. Try this and drive it for a while. You may lose some throttle response.

BTW, what TQ # are you running? Very important.

LLT: 15
LLR: 1
LLD keep at 18 for now.
TQ:1

Let me know how that runs.

If you want better throttle response, try TQ 2 but you will have to compensate by lowering LLD.

Do you have an RP gauge and which one?

I am also getting the rattle in the high rpm's, it happens as soon at the truck hits the high load settings.

In my 6.1 with a 3k stock injectors im running rp at 30 30. timing 30 30 duration 30 30 ***** rips with no issues clean no smoke..

my race truck 60 over billet 95 5x16's LLT 40 40 RP 50 50 Duration 20 20... Also no issues not rattles no rail pressure hang

jason I told you the rattle your getting is from lack of atomization and un burning of the fuel!

Ok so your getting timing rattle. Change your timing lol try 25 25 rail pressure alsop causing timing advancement. So your running alot of timing..

In my 6.1 with a 3k stock injectors im running rp at 30 30. timing 30 30 duration 30 30 ***** rips with no issues clean no smoke..

my race truck 60 over billet 95 5x16's LLT 40 40 RP 50 50 Duration 20 20... Also no issues not rattles no rail pressure hang

jason I told you the rattle your getting is from lack of atomization and un burning of the fuel!

I had the rail from 1 to 40 and it's just worse as i go up in the rail. timing from 16-40 on the LL, same differance. lld from 8-12. I can make it rattle locked, always unlocked. over 20psi boost i can't hear any rattling. smoke is more or less

I had the rail from 1 to 40 and it's just worse as i go up in the rail. timing from 16-40 on the LL, same differance. lld from 8-12. I can make it rattle locked, always unlocked. over 20psi boost i can't hear any rattling. smoke is more or less

Question, how old are your injectors?

The reason I ask is that when 1.5 was released about 2-3 months ago. I had timing rattle no matter what setting I used. Part of the reason I did not post for much of the 1.5a release. Now my injector bodies had about 60k on them but I sent them to Don to be checked out. It turned out to be that I had 5 bad solenoids and the 6th one had been replaced about 3 months earlier. Since I have had these new injector solenoids install, no where near any rattle and the smallest adjustments in duration make a difference(usually one number increments). Just food for thought since I experienced a similar situation too.

Question, how old are your injectors?

The reason I ask is that when 1.5 was released about 2-3 months ago. I had timing rattle no matter what setting I used. Part of the reason I did not post for much of the 1.5a release. Now my injector bodies had about 60k on them but I sent them to Don to be checked out. It turned out to be that I had 5 bad solenoids and the 6th one had been replaced about 3 months earlier. Since I have had these new injector solenoids install, no where near any rattle and the smallest adjustments in duration make a difference(usually one number increments). Just food for thought since I experienced a similar situation too.

Jan 1 of 2010, so less then 2 years. about 20,000 miles give or take a few thousand. For a while the rail pressure spikes and rail hangs could of taken a tole on things. I'm thinking of taking them out this winter and sent to xergy to have a look at.

Back