SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

raychem, I wish the rattle was old parts in my case, I have brand new bodies on brand new nozzles and sound like a diamond back.

In your sig you have the mp8 listed. Wicked was referring to the fact that you use one or the other. If your not using the mp8 then disconnect it. is interferes with rp and boost signals.

Drop your LLT to 15 or 17 and tune from there. High LLT consumes more fuel and the rattle you getting is because too much LLT and not enough fuel in the form of duration. BUT if you increase duration you will get more smoke. Try this and drive it for a while. You may lose some throttle response.

BTW, what TQ # are you running? Very important.

LLT: 15
LLR: 1
LLD keep at 18 for now.
TQ:1

Let me know how that runs.

If you want better throttle response, try TQ 2 but you will have to compensate by lowering LLD.

Do you have an RP gauge and which one?

My settings now:TQ1
lt 20
ht 25
lr 5
hr 8
ld 12
hd 12

My 30k rail gauge is from speed hut works great!

raychem, I wish the rattle was old parts in my case, I have brand new bodies on brand new nozzles and sound like a diamond back.

Seee, I can drive rattle free..... If I don't slip the converter to much. So, like for example.

Unlocked in 3rd gear doing 40mph.. I forgot the rpm, but lets say 1800rpm.. to accelerate, quickly you give enough throttle the motor will spin to 2500, hold and the converter will pull the truck faster, the initial throttle movement makes all kinds of rattling.

Do the same thing locked, it's smooth and quiet.

And for some reason, I can't see to make good boost in OD when temps dropped under 50 for a high. argh. I'm going to see if I can fool it to get 1.5 back on for comparison sake.

so, I put the stock software on.... lol

omg, nearly full throttle to keep up with traffic! ha! I dunno how stock trucks can do this!

Any rattles I can get outa the motor is accomplied with smoke.

I have some rattle also with 1.5b, mostly in low boost conditions. Its nothing I would call excessive. I think we have all grown so use to the quietness of these cr's that we forget at times theyre diesels and we have altered the emission friendly tuning they came from the factory with. Lol. I have 2 01 h.o. 24V's, slightly modded for towing and they rattle and make far different noises than they did stock.

Question, how old are your injectors?

The reason I ask is that when 1.5 was released about 2-3 months ago. I had timing rattle no matter what setting I used. Part of the reason I did not post for much of the 1.5a release. Now my injector bodies had about 60k on them but I sent them to Don to be checked out. It turned out to be that I had 5 bad solenoids and the 6th one had been replaced about 3 months earlier. Since I have had these new injector solenoids install, no where near any rattle and the smallest adjustments in duration make a difference(usually one number increments). Just food for thought since I experienced a similar situation too.

I broke one of the wire connector things a while back, changing out the solenoid isn't hard, I might do that if I can change them out in the truck (not sure if you can or would want to...). To removing everything to get the injectors out, might as well just send them in. I'm going to see about giving that a try for giggles, these things can't cost that much.

Jan 1 of 2010, so less then 2 years. about 20,000 miles give or take a few thousand. For a while the rail pressure spikes and rail hangs could of taken a tole on things. I'm thinking of taking them out this winter and sent to xergy to have a look at.

Same here on the pressure spikes.That reeks havoc on he bodies and solenoids.

Seee, I can drive rattle free..... If I don't slip the converter to much. So, like for example.

Unlocked in 3rd gear doing 40mph.. I forgot the rpm, but lets say 1800rpm.. to accelerate, quickly you give enough throttle the motor will spin to 2500, hold and the converter will pull the truck faster, the initial throttle movement makes all kinds of rattling.

Do the same thing locked, it's smooth and quiet.

That rattle that your seeing with quick acceleration is not enough fuel. With gassers we call it "tip-in" fuel. I had talked to Marco about this in previous emails before. You need more fuel and the only way to fix it or get around it is more duration. 1.6 has better RP control so you can try that. Increase you duration by 5 at a time and see if you can get around it(yep, smoke will go up but the rattle should go away). Running TQ2 I was able to lower my LLD from 10 to 8 and increased LRP from 1 to 3. Lets see how it runs.

BTW, running TNT-R also did this and a bit more severe(on my truck at least). Its the rattle many people complained about a while back ago.

Heh, so there's no definitive confusio; to little duration vs mechanical issue? :) I'll try the over fueling the LLD tomorrow.

so, I put the stock software on.... lol

omg, nearly full throttle to keep up with traffic! ha! I dunno how stock trucks can do this!

Any rattles I can get outa the motor is accomplied with smoke.

Yeah, last Jan.'10 I unloaded all power mods (electronic wise) to help prolong my pos ATS trans. til I had the time/money to rebuild w/ GOEREND vb/conv...even with 90 inj. and twin turbos, it felt like a slow pos...well, the trans also had alot to do with it...

I'm really surprised on how bumping up the duration has helped. I guess it's going to be a toss up between smoke and power.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csSxfpViudY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csSxfpViudY[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKIL1KOPet4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKIL1KOPet4[/ame]

lld 16 llr 20 LLT 22

Mine sounds like that. At first I was thinking my exhaust was rubbing somewhere or the valve adjustment went out of whack.

Chasing tails fellas...

This rattle chasing been done So many times... Even with my Brand new body'd rebuilt flowed / balanced (blessed by the Pope) injector's from Italy still rattle like this with my big Flux 4 tips...

I could Never tune it all out with SSR or any other tune...

Back