SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

What rpm are you able to run now with the 1.6? I know what bob had mentioned before for rpm and I've been trying to read everyone's results so maybe I missed it?

So, I turned off the pre injection. over 2000rpm it's smoking blue, weird.

Jason,

Pilot off without main timing adjustment will cause smoke.

With your noise...I can take my puller with 85lpm injectors from a rattle box to super quiet by adjusting pilot quantity.

With cold temps there is a multiplier table in the ECM that increases pilot quantity based on coolant temp and one based on intake air temp. Combine your largish injectors, cold air temps, cold coolant temps, and a un modified pilot quantity...your simply adding more fuel than needed and what your hearing is fuel knock.

Jason,

Pilot off without main timing adjustment will cause smoke.

With your noise...I can take my puller with 85lpm injectors from a rattle box to super quiet by adjusting pilot quantity.

With cold temps there is a multiplier table in the ECM that increases pilot quantity based on coolant temp and one based on intake air temp. Combine your largish injectors, cold air temps, cold coolant temps, and a un modified pilot quantity...your simply adding more fuel than needed and what your hearing is fuel knock.

With a cold motor, well before 160 degrees, being perfectly silent and noise free. Once warmed up, it's a rattle box. That make sense?

jason have you checked compression on your motor ?

I'm serious about sending my injectors in to Greg@exergy as soon as my golf is put back together, we'll see what comes back as far as that. I'll get a compression tester and run the cylinders while it's apart.

There's no blow by. No oil consumption. no water consumption. I'm surprised frankly.

Another Guy I know switched to 1.6 from 1.5 and less seat of pants power and tons of rattle no matter what settings..??

No noticeable rattle here. I'm going to download 1.6 tomorrow, but I'm not sure how it can be better than 1.5b. It's a huge improvement over TNTR I've been running for years.

Switching to 1.6 as we speak. Sending injectors off in the next two weeks and going to a bigger charger this winter..so it'll be back to the drawing board for me.

So, I turned off the pre injection. over 2000rpm it's smoking blue, weird.

Many cautions on running with pre injection off.. I just tried to remove my starter with something from inside the motor. When I got her home I reached in and picked a wrist pin out from the hole. Took a bucket to pick up all the pcs on the road. Scattered taking off from a stop sign with normal acceleration. Had some bucking problems trying to get a base tune. Postmortem forth coming. May be this thing made to much snot for forged rods.

Many cautions on running with pre injection off.. I just tried to remove my starter with something from inside the motor. When I got her home I reached in and picked a wrist pin out from the hole. Took a bucket to pick up all the pcs on the road. Scattered taking off from a stop sign with normal acceleration. Had some bucking problems trying to get a base tune. Postmortem forth coming. May be this thing made to much snot for forged rods.

So first swole and now you?? what was your settings?? SSR making me nervous now.. Why are these motors coming apart like they are

Last edited:
Running LLT HLT @ 25 LLD HLD @ 40 LLRP HLRP @ 10 and it is a little slow to spool but pulls harder with 1.6! Slight rattle. Gonna take duration down a bit tomorrow

Back