SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

Sorry for an old repeat question but does the TQ2 settings affect the values of your settings as opposed to TQ1?

I have always personally preferred TQ2 but most people don't. The reason I ask is because I finally had time to download 1.6B a minute ago and am downloading my new settings into it based off some other people's settings and need to know if their settings at TQ1 are different than similar settings at TQ2.

cequestad,
I am getting close to changing injectors.. Still have my stocks at 167k.. Are you recomending F1 as they are easier to deal with timing than others? I also have the SSR and am getting close with SOP tuning for a daily driver. and am planning on CP3 upgrade or dual pump once I do injectors and at that time will dyno tune..

Out playing now. My original llt # was too high...too much off boost rattle for me so I'm dialing that in. Came up on the RP and duration. No point in posting #'s cause I don't know where I'm gonna wind up today.
My starting point was nice and smooth...just seemed to be lacking some fuel if the tailpipe is any indication. So...get llt a little closer and the fuel coming in harder and we might get somewhere. I'll report back later on what happens. Wish my head gasket luck cause I'm about to give it hell.

I ended up lowering my rp. I can see 27,000 on rp 5. I dropped my llrp to 1 and have no pressure rattle. Cruise at 70 at 19-20,000psi and my rp doesn't jump around much now. Running lld 18 llt 20. My truck seems to like that. No rattles and smoke is minimal. Power is smooth and very nice to drive.

I ended up lowering my rp. I can see 27,000 on rp 5. I dropped my llrp to 1 and have no pressure rattle. Cruise at 70 at 19-20,000psi and my rp doesn't jump around much now. Running lld 18 llt 20. My truck seems to like that. No rattles and smoke is minimal. Power is smooth and very nice to drive.

Are you running 1.5 or 1.6?

was starting to wonder when they were gonna show up, driving my truck 450 miles this weekend so I might get to change a few things, might lower LLrp further in the quest for lowering rattle, then I might be able to raise my LLt and see what that helps with.

For what its worth I don't understand why everyone runs such a high rp. I have a single 120% cp3 and it puts out enough pressure on its own. I would think that people running double cp3's should have the low level settings to 1. I guess if you like a steep ramp up on your rail pressure then a higher number would be suitable. You can expect rattle then also. My off boost rattle cleared up just by lowering the rail pressure. It still holds 27,000 at wide open throttle on hlrp 5. Anything higher is a waste or exsessive. I've also found that, at least in my case, a higher timing value and lower duration work best. The higher timing helps clear the smoke while the lower duration spools the turbo quicker. Like stated many times every truck and setup is different. I just think running higher numbers on the rp than is needed is a waste. Just my .2 cents.

I haven't made enough changes to have an opinion yet. Doing an early thanksgiving dinner right now so maybe later tonight.
Timing right now is 37/42
RP is 25/25
Duration is 50/50
That's only like 4 "tunes" in though....the could all be substantially different tomorrow.

RP up to 25 from 22 and llt from 35 to 37 added some rattle that wasn't there before. I can get rid of it easy just haven't had any more time today.
Don't know why I care really....truck gets parked Friday till next year.

I haven't made enough changes to have an opinion yet. Doing an early thanksgiving dinner right now so maybe later tonight.
Timing right now is 37/42
RP is 25/25
Duration is 50/50
That's only like 4 "tunes" in though....the could all be substantially different tomorrow.

RP up to 25 from 22 and llt from 35 to 37 added some rattle that wasn't there before. I can get rid of it easy just haven't had any more time today.
Don't know why I care really....truck gets parked Friday till next year.

Said it once and ill say it again... Your truck is one of my favorites.:drool:.

the rattles are like, quicker and shorter in duration. boost is snappier. haze appears to be less. everything sounds happier.

eh. the real test will be when temps drop back to the 30's its 50 right now

Back