SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

Run the et/mph at 7075#, peak has to be > 700. i have 60 time slips since the auto swap. Still running. the 1/4 it runs perfect! zero smoke or rattle to spool and go on green by the 11.80 setup! on the steet pulls are shorter. 10-90 or 60+ typically. we have long on ramps.

Theres mikmaze with rattling, he's got smaller sticks and twins right? what would be his problem? seriously, im sure he'd like an idea or two to chase.

I just do not recall these issues before the ssr. it solve one problem, showed/created another. As i said, ill start with part swapping first to find defective stuff, find a set of injector cores to have built (when the market turns around), might be easier to do.

How low does the ecu pull back on the timing while the motor < 180 degrees. i think i mentioned its impossible to hear rattles.

Last edited:
Luken! Long time!

Hey...maybe he will listen to you....since your first set up was a 66 and a lot of timing...but stock injectors.

No dog in this fight, BUT:

-Decompressed motor
-Slightly lower compression motor
-Monotherm's at 16:1 - 16.5:1 range

^^ All had bad rattle..Esp. the first decompressed motor.

Flux 3.3's , 3.8's, and 4.0's

^^^ All rattled pretty bad ...Some times worse than others depending on compression of said motor..

Lowest rattle I've ever had recently was when I got to borrow Marco's injectors when mine went over seas.....But, Still rattled a bit...

Only injectors / motor combo that never rattled was my first / Stock motor and my flux 2's....

I'm not the only one either...
So, I'm not defending Jason per say but just staying he's not the only one..

Last edited:
Different deal...way different deal. Dave...your truck is not a good example of anything. It was fast...I give you that...but that is all.

Oh phuck, Don's injectors rattled too, Rob's truck in B.C rattled like a mo-fo maybe the worst I seen.

ALL completely tune-able when you have cell by cell access.

Robs truck had the 04.5/05 gremlins too....and a slow spooling secondary...no rattles after his last set of twins.

finally updated my ssr to 1.6b, my truck runs great! but have to tune for new #'s. just guessed to start tryed to increase everything evenly. this completely removed my surge at 1600 & 1900 to 2000 with light throttle. I don't think I could find a better tun for this truck. It is as smooth as my 04.5 stock truck with tow haul tune. sorry it isn't working for all. still want some info on u.d.c.

Finally got my tune runnin pretty good! Verified by a Suburu WRX tricked out drifting into a corner around me! 2 lane on ramp 0 to 120 looked back no smoke and WRX about 6 car lengths back. Not Bad!!

I struggle with tuning cause most of my tuning takes place at night. I'll have a tune that runs good and doesn't look Smokey and once someone pulls behind me with headlights on it looks like its pouring smoke... From what I've heard smoke will always look bad in the headlights. Still makes me think I'm smoking out the person behind me.

I'm running

llt 25
lld 20
lld 5
hlt 40
hld 30
hlr 5

Runs good.. get a little rattle under heavy throttle for like 1 second then goes away with boost. I figure I've got bigger sticks and a somewhat larger single so I figure it'll have some rattle till its making boost.

I'm running

llt 25
lld 20
lld 5
hlt 40
hld 30
hlr 5

Runs good.. get a little rattle under heavy throttle for like 1 second then goes away with boost. I figure I've got bigger sticks and a somewhat larger single so I figure it'll have some rattle till its making boost.

Try my settings and see what it feels like!

my daily is loving llt 45 hlt 43 lld 47 hld 45 LRP 30 HRP 33 Smooth and fast spool up.. great mileage 21.2 average on the overhead with using a full tank. Going to some things with compund and twin cp3s to see if I can get More mileage without loosing power

Back