SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

Wouldn't be the first time I did something stupid just to see what would happen. LOL

I think it will hold together, a little noisy but once boost comes up the tires will hate you. Just my guess.

I've been looking up other people old 1.5 numbers vs mine and seeing where their 1.6 numbers are.
Gonna start at timing 45 high and low, duration 50 high and low and RP 20 high and low.

Mine has always liked some timing in it. IIRC it's 30 low and almost 40 high right now.
Injectors aren't too large so leaving the duration up to get more out of them and cut the RP down a hair since it seems to do really well holding RP no matter what I do.
As I've said before it'll hold 27,500 all day long on the gauge.

Last edited:
I've been looking up other people old 1.5 numbers vs mine and seeing where their 1.6 numbers are.
Gonna start at timing 45 high and low, duration 50 high and low and RP 20 high and low.

Sounds like a pretty good combo to me! :-)

I studied yours along with the graphs you posted.
Our 1.5 numbers are close enough to base a staring point off of for me.
You have more injector so I'm cutting back from your RP #'s.
I think the timing will be fine...may as well start all the way up on duration and cut back as needed.

I figure I'll play a little and see what happens this Sunday. Then park it till it gets cut up. Picking up the new cab on sat.

Paul, that chop you had in the one graph with too much timing.
I'm assuming that made some noises you weren't real fond of? Ones that Greg really really hates? LOL

Those settings worked very well, rattle wise, for me. What are your outside temperatures? could it possibly be that we both have sensors that are broke? ;) Mine are on the way from snedge as I type this and I'll swap them out and try 1.6 again after a few changes with 1.5.

what sensors are you thinking might be shot? driving my Italian 4 cyl turbo diesel this weekend, good lord if I shoot a big one I dunno where its gonna go.

what sensors are you thinking might be shot? driving my Italian 4 cyl turbo diesel this weekend, good lord if I shoot a big one I dunno where its gonna go.

starting with coolant and map/iat

I dropped 1.6 on again. 1:1 for the settings. it was just slow. its getting worse... back to 1.5. monday new parts arrive. ill sourse a rail sensor soon too

iat, never would have guessed that one, let me know results. I'l am on my way outthe door to the NY gun opener, spotty cell service let alone internet. come on 3g & tapatalk!

iat, never would have guessed that one, let me know results. I'l am on my way outthe door to the NY gun opener, spotty cell service let alone internet. come on 3g & tapatalk!

I dunno. just a guess... ambient temperatures change, more/less rattles. who knows.

Timing advance is dependent on IAT, BOOST, COOLANT TEMP.

There are multiplier tables associated with the above.

So if you have one that isint within spec...it can make your timing off.

Paul, that chop you had in the one graph with too much timing.
I'm assuming that made some noises you weren't real fond of? Ones that Greg really really hates? LOL

No rattling noises, but you could feel the engine run as rough as it looks on the graph. You could tell it wasn't happy. It felt like it was cutting out. Marco identified it right away, and he wasn't even in the truck. He was probably 30feet away. Going from 50 to 45 on HL timing made a huge difference. Going from 45 to 30 on timing dropped 40hp. Quite a bit of hp to be gained just getting the timing right (free hp too, because it doesn't use anymore fuel). Going past optimum will make the hp drop faster, then going lower then optimum. Not to mention going to high makes it run poorly.

Paul

So that I'm not trying to do the impossible... I have my truck set up pretty good. It runs real smooth and the power is awesome with no rattles even under aggresive driving. It gets a little puff of smoke or a slight haze when accelerating say quarter throttle. It's not real Smokey but with my setup is a little smoke expected? I'm fine with it just didn't want to waste time trying to get it absolutely smoke free if that wasn't going to happen.

So that I'm not trying to do the impossible... I have my truck set up pretty good. It runs real smooth and the power is awesome with no rattles even under aggresive driving. It gets a little puff of smoke or a slight haze when accelerating say quarter throttle. It's not real Smokey but with my setup is a little smoke expected? I'm fine with it just didn't want to waste time trying to get it absolutely smoke free if that wasn't going to happen.

you have a single 66.. that's a wrong combo according to some. :woohoo:

you have a single 66.. that's a wrong combo according to some. :woohoo:

Listen Dickhead!!

Having a good running electronically controlled diesel is not as easy as a laundry list of parts and walla...xxx hp and they all run the same:doh:

It is a TOTAL combination of parts, how they are put together, how they are adjusted and how it is tuned.

Example...

My truck has had the same basic major parts for the last 2 years. In that time it has gone from 700 hp to 1000 hp! How you ask?? By tweaking on things. Changing how some things are controlled, changing sizing and routing of piping, messaging things here and there, and playing with tuning.

Just because your setup is a "common one" does not make it right or mean it is built correctly:kick:.

Last edited:
Listen Dickhead!!

Having a good running electronically controlled diesel is not as easy as a laundry list of parts and walla...xxx hp and they all run the same:doh:

It is a TOTAL combination of parts, how they are put together, how they are adjusted and how it is tuned.

Example...

My truck has had the same basic major parts for the last 2 years. In that time it has gone from 700 hp to 1000 hp! How you ask?? By tweaking on things. Changing how some things are controlled, changing sizing and routing of piping, messaging things here and there, and playing with tuning.

Just because your setup is a "common one" does not make it right or mean it is built correctly:kick:.

:st:Thanks sir well said +1

Back