SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

Listen Dickhead!!

Having a good running electronically controlled diesel is not as easy as a laundry list of parts and walla...xxx hp and they all run the same:doh:

It is a TOTAL combination of parts, how they are put together, how they are adjusted and how it is tuned.

Example...

My truck has had the same basic major parts for the last 2 years. In that time it has gone from 700 hp to 1000 hp! How you ask?? By tweaking on things. Changing how some things are controlled, changing sizing and routing of piping, messaging things here and there, and playing with tuning.

Just because your setup is a "common one" does not make it right or mean it is built correctly:kick:.

Dockboy. Expert boy. What is wrong with my setup? What needs to change? I'll repeat all the info on every part I have. Don't start with injector size, It's been proven that injectors can be tuned, if the tuning is there to tune them (See posts from Les, an EFI expert guy). My and everyone's impression with the SSR was the ability to "tune" in the truck.

Wouldn't it be a ***** if I just had a broke IAT/MAP and/or coolant temp sensor all these years? Who's idea was it to swap them parts? I'm rather sure it was mine. :) Tho I suppose it would of been nice to figure that idea out months ago.

Last edited:
Dockboy. Expert boy. What is wrong with my setup? What needs to change? I'll repeat all the info on every part I have. Don't start with injector size, It's been proven that injectors can be tuned, if the tuning is there to tune them (See posts from Les, an EFI expert guy). My and everyones impression with the SSR was the ability to "tune" in the truck.

Wouldn't it be a ***** if I just had a broke IAT/MAP and/or coolant temp sensor all these years? Who's idea was it to swap them parts? I'm rather sure it was mine. :) Tho I suppose it would of been nice to figure that idea out months ago.

I hope a sensor is your problem. I think alot of whats being said about your set up is coming out wrong. What should be said is with the tuning we have availible for sci trucks your choice of parts is not very well matched. Its obvious the ssr is not gonna be able to do what efi can so not fair to throw Les's input in the mix. I think everybody is wondering why you're so set on trying to make 1200hp worth of fuel work with 700hp worth of air? I know you planned ahead on future mods with your choice of injectors so maybe its time to up the air, even if the ssr isnt gonna perform to your liking. Go back to an S-06 if you didnt have the rattle with it and wait for something that will work. I know I would have changed from the ssr and/or swapped some parts around if I was having the troubles tuning you have had.

If it is a sensor Im sure Jeff with Mumau will be getting alot of orders!:hehe:

with the manual trans, the s06/tntr was a pain to drive, never mind clean driving. even with 90hp tips. the s06 would hang the motor free reving with TM over stock. heh.

I never said, 1000whp with this turbo. ever. My issues are daily driver issues. 2.6 isnt "big"

I know you never expected 1000hp on that turbo. What is your hp goal? How do your injectors compare in size to Paul's? When you are getting all this off boost rattle what is your rp at? Only time I get rattle is when I set the llrp too high. The sharp rp rise with no boost and low rpm will cause it. I know you have tried llrp 1 and cant go any lower. I will say I had a modded fca that would act up randomly and cause a bad rattle but I could see the rp spike coinciding with it so I knew what to swap.Never threw a code. Got 2 stock fca's to throw on those pumps?

Try the new TNT-r. I still can not believe how much better it is over the old. On my 04.5 it is practically perfect. Even the high rail works great were as before it was really wonky. Shifting stratagy I think is even improved.

i got some video i need to edit. managed to mount my phone to show egt, boost, drive, rail and rpm.

ha!

Try the new TNT-r. I still can not believe how much better it is over the old. On my 04.5 it is practically perfect. Even the high rail works great were as before it was really wonky. Shifting stratagy I think is even improved.

Cant put the tntr on the ssr.... i wonder the reasoning behind that. ill source an s06 soon

Dockboy. Expert boy. What is wrong with my setup? What needs to change? I'll repeat all the info on every part I have. Don't start with injector size, It's been proven that injectors can be tuned, if the tuning is there to tune them (See posts from Les, an EFI expert guy). My and everyone's impression with the SSR was the ability to "tune" in the truck.

For someone who thinks they are so smart... you are dumber than a box of rocks!!!!:banghead:

Need you forget...

the SSR is a product for a small market niche, the racers. Add to this that everybody involved in my company says that I musta-havta be completly stupid to spend all that time and money in a niche product that will never make up for it's development costs...

I don't care what they say. I don't care if the SSR will not pay for itself.
I WANT this product for the few that can really gain with it. Period.
OK, now, what was the original question? Upgrade, trade in, more free's? C'mon.....

Sorry if I sound rude but this had to be said.
Marco

Looks like you are NOT ONE OF THE FEW!!!!

Last edited:
Modded fcas suck....there. is another issue with your truck...and yes... your injectors are way too big and the style of them have to fast of a burn rate. You have to big of a mismatch of hard parts to fix it with ssr.

New TNTr is great, Marco is heading in the right direction with cleaner tunes.

Modded fcas suck....there. is another issue with your truck...and yes... your injectors are way too big and the style of them have to fast of a burn rate. You have to big of a mismatch of hard parts to fix it with ssr.

Thanks!!

But it's a "common" setup? :confused:

:lolly::lolly:

Its most common to have a smoke switched silver bullet crappy tuned truck...that is why it is lonely ontop

Sorry about my spelling/grammer.....pulling my big trailer going 85 with a common setup that has crappy SSR on it....the 917 hp tune. Lol

Dockboy, fall in a hole or be helpful. If you fuking read correctly you would learn that the ssr > tnt when it came out and helped a chit load over the tnt for my truck.

cquestad, im not the only person with xergy injectors done this way. You'd think folks would be screaming at them to fix it and there would be threads about it. The pressure, it ramps to 20 and settles in, while settled in its rattling over large periods of time. ill add fca's to my list as well.

If pressure is ramping faster then the smarty is commanding, thought there are codes to be tripped?

The ambient temp thing keeps bugging me, monday wont come quick enough!

If pressure is ramping faster then the smarty is commanding, thought there are codes to be tripped?

My rp would go to 27k cruising when the fca would act up. Never threw a code? But my truck has ran on 5 cylinders blowing white smoke, popping out the tail pipe and missing like a mofo and never threw a code.:lolly:

ive only seen the rail gauge over 25k. thats with 1.6 and rail numbers over 25. thats also when the high pressure crc codes trip

Jason...trying to be nice and clear as crystal...you ARE the only gur with a 04.5, auto, huge honed injectors, modded fca and mismatched dual pumps on a single shelf 66 turbo that was ment for oem or small injectors, single pump, a decent tuning.

You have too much fuel all at once too soon...hence rattle. Its not the injectors fault...it your choice of them for your application. Those injectors on a twinned truck with a quick(er) spooling secondary would boost right through the rattle.

When i used to run a A5k...I made 650 hp on stock injectors....and only 700 with Flux 3.3's. Never a rattle on any timing with the stock injectors or the 3.3's because they have the same burn rate. I could run 12 degrees on my TST over TNTR on SW7 as llong as the timing ramped up late (hence the late twins timing program from TST).

OK...file that away...now listen!

He comes MULTIPLE people, friends, aquaintences, even complete strangers who wanted help tuning there truck. II is very popular injector around here...

120's, 90's, and even some 50's i played with all had to have less timing! Basically stock timing...and sometimes could not get that rattle to totally disapear.

Do you know why so many people ran even TNTR programs? They had honed injectors! So how could I run an insane amount of timing on a bigger injector on a large single and not rattle? Because I did not have honed injectors! I still couldnt make anymore power than the turbo had lbs/min...

You are so mismatched you dont even know what changes what...i cant believe the truck has not burnt down yet...maybe you never stay it it that long or pull something heavy enough.

You are ignoring people that have delt with this for years...ignoring their dyno or track experience any relying on your butt dyno to make adjustments. Just try a different set of injectors and stick in stock FCA's and turn the timing down and it WILL GO AWAY!

And...then compare your dyno runs...they all will be the same.

Back