SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

Sigh, I wish at this point that Marco and Bob would tour the US a bit, stopping in at several locations, call it a customer support tour. Stoipping in and chatting with folks, see what wishes they have for the tuner, seeing what if any help can be given to tune trucks. I would drive 250 miles to meet and discuss things, and let Marco try his hand at taming my rattle. Hearing ideas from customers on stuff like tuning options, simple stuff like selecting at what rpm the pre injection shot is turned off, adding features like trans control, something like a tunable lockup option something like the co pilot does but right there in the tuner. Options on selecting when the post event shuts off...... Maybe some of this is coming in the UDC update, but who knows. I do know I am glad I have a second vehicle to drive so I have less chance at damaging anything from the rattle I have. I know Marco is from Italy, Bob is over on the west coast, but planing a US tour for next spring would allow for the best coverage of the us in an efficient manor. We could set up a poll asking folks where they would like to have an event at, and let the numbers speak for themselves, and allow Marco to decide which ones to go to.

Your rattle is from WAY to big of injectors 210 overs? 5 x .022 lol . And Your high pressure charger being tooooooo big.. Like a bunch of have said YOUR not going to tune out Poor parts throw on a truck! 210 overs are retarded and would be good for like 1500HP witch is never ever going to be streetable!

*bdh**bdh**bdh**bdh**bdh**bdh**bdh*

Last edited:
Your rattle is from WAY to big of injectors 210 overs? 5 x .022 lol . And Your high pressure charger being tooooooo big.. Like a bunch of have said YOUR not going to tune out Poor parts throw on a truck! 210 overs are retarded and would be good for like 1500HP witch is never ever going to be streetable!

*bdh**bdh**bdh**bdh**bdh**bdh**bdh*

I think he's referring to 200hp over. not 200% over.

$hit I hope so lol.. Still his rattle has alot to do with the HIgh pressure charger being too big.. The stock 60 is PLENTY big. Anything more is going to cause a rattle due to lack of AIR being supplied

So we're coming back around to the "better power with smaller injectors" stuff I talked about 30 something pages ago...where everyone said I was nuts.
I have zero rattle with 85% over and a 62/478 combo. Gonna try 100% over and see what happens. With Zack's new 188/220 cam and a ported head/sidedraft intake I think it'll put enough air in off boost to remain rattle free.
To be fair...I can easily introduce rattle with what I have now, obviously I choose not to. LOL

100% over is the biggest I would ever go on the street. $HIT I have 95mm charger and duration only at 20 its good on the fuel lol.. I have ZERO rattles with it.. BIggest issue with rattle is too big of stick and to slow of air getting into cylinder! ur 62 shouldnt be much slower at getting the job done then the stocker.. Even more so seems its not getting its air supply from atmosphere

So, if it's an air flow problem. Why do I see changes with ambient temperature again?

Is 30 degrees vs 50 degrees that much more dense that it takes that more more fuel/timing change to get air moving fast enough?

Yes tempature changes alot of things and air density changes a $hit ton! Get a Air density app for your droid and watch it... Here in denver our effective altitude goes from 6k feet to as high as 10k feet! I had alot of issuse with something in his early software at about 8,000+ ft

Ive seen da at 11,800 at Bandimere on a high end weather station in a pro stock rig.
My 65mm charger on my old 6.0 wouldn't even consider lighting.

Ive seen da at 11,800 at Bandimere on a high end weather station in a pro stock rig.
My 65mm charger on my old 6.0 wouldn't even consider lighting.

Yah there has been a day here and there sometimes where its way high.. I love it because if you can get it done on the mountain you can get it done any where

That's my point..... DA is going lower, there for easier to spool. right? But you guys tell me it's cuz I'm not spooling fast enough, there for rattling. But when the temperature goes higher, more DA, the rattling and all that goes away and performance is stellar!

To be fair...I can easily introduce rattle with what I have now, obviously I choose not to. LOL

OMG.. look at this. Thanks for finally saying something douche!.

"to be fair" I can drive around the rattle... But you can't just get on the throttle fast and go with out braving a rattle situation.

In a nut shell, You can tune to drive slow to moderate with traffic, clean and easy. You can drive swiftly with some planning, or WOT.

There is no real good middle ground.

poor parts? a 64 71 13 is a piece of **** I guess. makes me all the happier that I spent the money on the ss housing on it..... 210 hp over stock size, not 210% guess brand new bodies and nozzles cut from blanks, not re honed used worn out **** is a waste of money too. Guess Zach's proven airlfow cam is not needed.

Latest run ll rp 1 lld 8 llt 6 and it still rattles. rattles right on through 15 psi at 1600 rpm.

poor parts? a 64 71 13 is a piece of **** I guess. makes me all the happier that I spent the money on the ss housing on it..... 210 hp over stock size, not 210% guess brand new bodies and nozzles cut from blanks, not re honed used worn out **** is a waste of money too. Guess Zach's proven airlfow cam is not needed.

Latest run ll rp 1 lld 8 llt 6 and it still rattles. rattles right on through 15 psi at 1600 rpm.

What software version are you using again? I can't remember, can you go back to 1.5 from 1.6? I'm curious if are using the same exact OS on the ECU.

I'm noticed if I have a LLD of say 8, it's quick on the low end, but WOT under 2700rpm, it's no where near full power, like 45psi max boost kinda situation. So your duration is way to low. bump it up to 12-ish on the LL. With that LLD of 12, run LLT of 20. LLR of 1-4... Try with 1.5b if you can.

But I'm with you on what you have for hard parts. As far as I'm told I have crap for a combination, but you have the complete oppsite, smaller sticks and NEW to boot!, cam, twins with a small secondary, yet you describe your problem as worse. weird.

Mike...
I am going to guess I am in the same boat as you,buying junk parts I guess and turbos way to big for the job as no matter what I do the rattle is still there with 1.6.

Guess the only places where people can or know how to tune this SSR is in Texas or Colorado,go figure.Need to quit wasting my time with it then,load it up on a trailer and take it to the high country and let the expert tune it since we do not have any idea what we are doing and have bought the wrong parts.

BTW,I am NOT going to buy 700hp or above on fuel alone with stock injectors no matter who tunes it,its not going to happen.

Come race me then? How about a challenge? Towing, fuel economy,hp, et and lack of Rattle! Only thing I wil change I will take off my S595 and put my s480 back on.. Far enough?

If you would LISTEN you would have a RATTLE

NO one called your parts junk.. SAID what your USING TOGETHER IS WRONG!

Maybe Im stupid cause we got SO much air up here in Colorado lol

Mike...
I am going to guess I am in the same boat as you,buying junk parts I guess and turbos way to big for the job as no matter what I do the rattle is still there with 1.6.

Guess the only places where people can or know how to tune this SSR is in Texas or Colorado,go figure.Need to quit wasting my time with it then,load it up on a trailer and take it to the high country and let the expert tune it since we do not have any idea what we are doing and have bought the wrong parts.

BTW,I am NOT going to buy 700hp or above on fuel alone with stock injectors no matter who tunes it,its not going to happen.

Who in Texas has it figured out ? I'll take my junk to them and avoid the headache.

Back