SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

So I ended the day with a decent DD settings. Pulls hard, and egts are in check. No haze anymore at the top end. I might bump up the duration later on the hl. The biggest down fall is surging. Either I'll have to get out of the throttle entirely, or just go wot. To bad because it feels great other than that. Smoke at no/low boost is still there until 10-15psi at wot, but very contolable at light/moderate throttle.

My settings thus far are:
Timing 13/34, rp 50/50, duration 4/11, speed 250, tq 1, and this is version 1.4. Temps out here are in the mid 70's with moderate humidity.

I really hope Marco can solve the surging in short order. Until then I'm going to hold off putting it on the dyno till it's resolved.

try dropping your llrp way back down, say 20, and if you must, keep 50 up top. my7 wait is on a dead horse, I just want to try no pilot to see what its like. BUt hey who knows, might just jump to V 2.0 if the dream of on the fly adjust ability surfaces. then a small touch screen that integrates via blue tooth to run it all.

I did have it set quite low before. I think 18/30, but I'd have to look back at my notes. I believe the surging was worse.

I did have it set quite low before. I think 18/30, but I'd have to look back at my notes. I believe the surging was worse.

We both have 03's. Try running rp at whatever you feel comfortable with. Now, try both LL timing and duration 15. Both hl timing and duration on 25. Let me know what you think. My fueling is much larger, but I'd still like to see how you fare with that.

We both have 03's. Try running rp at whatever you feel comfortable with. Now, try both LL timing and duration 15. Both hl timing and duration on 25. Let me know what you think. My fueling is much larger, but I'd still like to see how you fare with that.

I tried it this morning on my way to work. It's pretty smokey on the bottom, and I'm pretty sure I could use more timing on the big end. No timing rattle or anything on the bottom.

Thats what i am at. I ran my rail at 30 and it pegged the AM rail guage at 30k. I just turned both the rails down to 15 to see where it maxes out.

I only see 24-25000 max, but Im only running a arson. I'm surprised your gauge reads that high. Have you switch to a 6.7 rp sensor?

has anyone been in contact with marco on the latest 1.4 ?
Im about to load my ssr and am wondering if im better off with the 1.3 that it currently has. I have huge injectors

I tried it this morning on my way to work. It's pretty smokey on the bottom, and I'm pretty sure I could use more timing on the big end. No timing rattle or anything on the bottom.

Not sure, but I'd imagine that injector size plays into HLT settings. Your tips are prob around 40% and mine are 105%.someone may chip in and verify whether tip size has anything to do with HLT configurations.

Not sure, but I'd imagine that injector size plays into HLT settings. Your tips are prob around 40% and mine are 105%.someone may chip in and verify whether tip size has anything to do with HLT configurations.

I'm sure your right. With your larger tips it would advance timing quite a bit. As for the duration and smoke the rp set to 50 can't help. I'm going to try it again this weekend, but bring up the timing and drop rp.

I have big tips 2.4 lpm and big turbos. I am a 1 lld, 16llr and 14 llt. If i try any more than that it is smoke. As it is I need a very soft initial pedal. I have a dead spot at 1800 -2000 and some blurps at 2300-2600 medium pedal. Once I get a little boost going I can run it right up with haze and boost to 80 no problem. If I don't let them spool up a bit I go right to black out and can't catch back up on the boost. It wants to go but not smooth yet. Waiting to try the next release I've tried higher llr and lld but get the smoke. The top end is ok at hlt29 hld 12 and hlr 30. I think when you look at every ones build you will see with smaller sticks you can raise the duration and rail.

I would like to run more RP but I get to much fuel and black out. How big is to big or managable?. I tried 20-25 and can't get out my own smoke much less raising the duration. SSR needs a wider band on low end. Don't know if it's possible or even needed but if the low maps ovelap the high maps, is it possible to introduce a third set to help the 1800-2000 and some of the midrange issues.

Big injectors....low duration, high rp.
You don't need all the duration because you're already getting the fuel in. You need the rp no matter what to atomize it....even more so with big injectors than small.

I'm sure your right. With your larger tips it would advance timing quite a bit. As for the duration and smoke the rp set to 50 can't help. I'm going to try it again this weekend, but bring up the timing and drop rp.

The size of the nozzles has nothing to do with the timing.

It doesn't matter if you have 24 LPH or 80 LPH nozzles, the timing is controlled by the ECM and it has no idea what you have for nozzles and the burn starts at exactly the same time.

The thing that you have to take into account with the timing is compression, total boost and the cam profile.

Under low boost or low compression, you can bring in the timing, but at higher boost / compression levels, you'll cause the ignition to be too fast and that's where you'll have problems.

You want the timing down low, but it needs to be retarded a bit on the top end.

What Unbroken said about the larger nozzles is exactly right. With the bigger nozzles, you need higher RP and lower duration to 1 - atomize the fuel and 2 - not drop RP so much that the pump(s) can't keep up.

Last edited:
Back