SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

I think the POD is taken care of with the beta that Bob sent me, but hard to test when you are driving your wife around that has just had her appendix out. (Less than 12 hours ago). Will bring more to the table with more testing.

Okay, for those that are seeing the "dip" in the rail pressure in that middle RPM range as you roll into the throttle, here is what looks like is happening.

This IS NOT a tune from SSR, this is the OEM RP map and you can see that nasty dip in the middle RPM range (1200 - 2200)...right where you'd be if you were cruising and rolled into the throttle.

I'm not sure how Marco addressed this, and NO I'm not going to show his maps (i.e. his intellectual property). But, if that dip wasn't addressed, that's part of the dip in RP issue.....

RailPressureMap.jpg

Here's a better angle on that dip....you can see it right beyond 1200 RPM's. Looks like it hits between 1200 - 1600.

RailPressureSide.jpg

thats crazy y does the oem use such rough maps ?

I picked the best numbers for my truck so far with the first ones I picked. I went no rail on ll and hl, cause of my Dr. P. 15 on both LL timing and duration. 25 on HL timing and duration. I tried upping LL duration and timing to just 17 and holy chit the white smoke and pop. I will wait for the dyno to see if poping the HL's into the high 20's low 30's gets me more on the top end. LL's see good where they are with no rattle or pop.

Just speaking out load here but how come Smarty dont have the high rpm's like Bullydog does H&S Performance plus EFI Live. I been running smarty for last 5 years in done all the up grades just like to have the option of high rpms for sled pulling. I have the old TNT-R and the SSR. If others have found out how to can bob and marco do it too.

how high are you talking? there is a high rev option, I just forget what it goes to.

TNT/R and SSR both give you the high RPM (4200) option.

When you're adjusting the parameters,you push 0 for stock RPM and 1 for High RPM.

Another day driving around for me. I started out close to "7" and the smoke was out of hand all the way through the pull. I've brought done the duration to ll 20/hl 15, still to much. I'm running it at 10/10 now. Still fuels really hard at the bottom, but up top only a slight haze. I think I'll try 5/10 next, but that just sounds really low.
I still have that shutter at 1900-2100rpm. It's better now with the rp set to 50/50, but still really noticeable.

I have all the stuff needed in my engine to handle high rpm's everything is studded & balanced with hardend rods. 4200 rmp is enough when the competiton has passed that. im thinking around 5000 rmp limt like H&S or 6000 like bullydog.

Last edited:
Neither H&S or Bully Dog are running those kind of RPM's on anything commercially available.

H&S yes they are released it june 14th. Bullydog it in beta in a few have it. There waiting to see if it will carry over the the 03-05. There already doing it on the 06-07 5.9

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvVu6JmuwMA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvVu6JmuwMA[/ame]

Last edited:
Just watching my rp's through 1900-2100, and it's bouncing from 24xxx - 14+\-16000 at light/moderate throttle. Wot is no issue.

H&S yes they are released it june 14th. Bullydog it in beta in a few have it. There waiting to see if it will carry over the the 03-05. There already doing it on the 06-07 5.9

Well hell......turn that puppy up to 5K and let's see how she does.

You are running a billet cam and 140# springs, right?

I wish I could edit. That's 14xxx +\- to 24xxx psi. It really shakes the truck. I either have to get out of the throttle or go to wot to stop it.

guys should realy think about posting version in use with your results........ 1.3 and 1.4 are a lot different.

guys should realy think about posting version in use with your results........ 1.3 and 1.4 are a lot different.

I believe the problem is there in all version. Just more noticeable in 1.4. marco really needs to smooth that out.

My cruise control works fine if I keep it slow. it doesn't work worth a damn if I run in the 2000rpm range. Cruise seems to bring the worst out in the problem. Every setting I've tried I've flipped on cruise, and every time it surges on inclines.

My bad, I'm on 1.4.

Edit: egerly waiting for 1.5 to solve the shutter.

Last edited:
Back