SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

CompD belongs to Timbeaux38 and wideopen....we all left another site we ran at the same time and started this one a little over 5 years ago.
It was those 2, myself, Billysgoat and dalpilot along with a few hand chosen moderators.
I've been here along with them since before the site was even public.
Our goal back then was not to build another mild mods, fuel mileage, oil change info, air intake, exhaust site....but a place for the more extreme end of diesel motorsports.
I'll be damned if I'm gonna let it turn into just another lame ass diesel site where it's all hugs and kisses and nobodys feelings get hurt.
If someone needs to be told to phuck off around here...they will be.
Is this my website ? No
Is this my house ? You bet your ass it is.

I don't know you yet but I phucken love this site and it's purpose. CompD is a way of life for me and a privilege to be able to be a part of. Phuck mileage and oil changes give me every last drop of powa no matter the cost.

CompDthtmf

Thank you for making this site and most of it's content what it is.

Sorry back to topic.

Chris.

a little help

SSR ?

20/ 1/18 high 32/30/30

Truck run great power feels right.
not smoking
no rattle
but egts on the top end seem to high shoots right to 1400.
Does it need more high timing? without dyno Im a scared .
mods in sig
thanks,doug

EGTs on the low end up about 100 degrees also

1400 isn't that hot. Stock trucks can get almost that warm. 1? Think you might be the first person to post running a 1 in any parameter.

So running a low rail on the low end, if yo need/want to move fast in traffic, how smokey does it get? turning up the rail solved a lot of the smoke with me.

My POD has been broken since day one of the original betas...a reflash was the only way to cure it then never touch it again...I will try it Bob. If it was not for an emmisions test I would have never touched it.

So running a low rail on the low end, if yo need/want to move fast in traffic, how smokey does it get? turning up the rail solved a lot of the smoke with me.

Not bad at all. I've wondered about your rail settings too, but we do have totally different setups.

Paul

Not bad at all. I've wondered about your rail settings too, but we do have totally different setups.

Paul

Injector and fuel delivery, we are similar. under 10psi, from a 10mph roll, I'd imagine we make the same puff to get the charger(s) lite....

Injector and fuel delivery, we are similar. under 10psi, from a 10mph roll, I'd imagine we make the same puff to get the charger(s) lite....

Doubt it. You're a manual, and I only lock the TC at 10mph at the race track.

Paul

I understand that completely. The Amarillo track is not a very good track but has a new owner this year that is getting it into much better condition. But the DA up here is terrible and makes everybodies stuff run way slower than it does at lower elevation. I'd love to get down to Ennis or up to Oklahoma City's track one of these days and get some real numbers but it's 5 1/12 hours to the Dallas area and 4 1/2 to Oklahoma city. Makes for an expensive trip...especially if you break stuff and have to tow it home.

Ryan Hamilton just called me today and said the cams are finally in and got mine shipped out today. As soon as it gets in next week I'm taken the truck to the mechanic to get all my internal engine part, cam and primary turbo for twins installed finally after having most of the parts for nearly 2 years. I'm ready to get it tuned and dialed in with this SSR and get some real numbers.

What kind of times were you running last time at the track? If you don't mind me asking. I like keeping up with manual tranny times

I understand that completely. The Amarillo track is not a very good track but has a new owner this year that is getting it into much better condition. But the DA up here is terrible and makes everybodies stuff run way slower than it does at lower elevation. I'd love to get down to Ennis or up to Oklahoma City's track one of these days and get some real numbers but it's 5 1/12 hours to the Dallas area and 4 1/2 to Oklahoma city. Makes for an expensive trip...especially if you break stuff and have to tow it home.

Ryan Hamilton just called me today and said the cams are finally in and got mine shipped out today. As soon as it gets in next week I'm taken the truck to the mechanic to get all my internal engine part, cam and primary turbo for twins installed finally after having most of the parts for nearly 2 years. I'm ready to get it tuned and dialed in with this SSR and get some real numbers.

What kind of times were you running last time at the track? If you don't mind me asking. I like keeping up with manual tranny times

slow. 13.5@108. 2.6 60'. I couldn't get moving to save my life. Once I got out to the 330' things were moving well. 64mm turbo if I recall back then..

13.5 is nothing to be ashamed of at all. I didn't break 13.6 till last summer when I started running consistent 13.0s-13.2s. Would've had my twins and toys installed last summer if I hadn't blown 2 tranny's and 2 clutches trying to get into the 12s with just my 62.

What twin setup are you running now?

If iI read correctly #1 LLR is the stock equivalent.
I would like to see lower than stock LLR.

Im at 18,000 LBS doing 25 MPH under lite acceleration.
Its not necessary, I would like to see 15 /16000 under those conditions.

Smoke, it takes a deliberate stab to get smoke. Im very pleased with the smoke control so far .
Although its been around 70 degrees during those test runs.
Hot & humid could be a little different.

13.5 is nothing to be ashamed of at all. I didn't break 13.6 till last summer when I started running consistent 13.0s-13.2s. Would've had my twins and toys installed last summer if I hadn't blown 2 tranny's and 2 clutches trying to get into the 12s with just my 62.

What twin setup are you running now?

pumps? ATS, 2 floorit stage 2's. TC's RV adapter to allow the sensor on the rail

Back