SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

Way to go man. I'm not touching mine...lol

How's the HLD 40 working out? I'm running 48 lpm and am thinking based on Marco's response that I don't really need to push big rail to get the flow, just duration.

Another note, anyone else other than Frank and I running TQ 3?

Marco suggests smoke output at WOT as a measurement for too much duration right? Dyno or no dyno that should be the same visual result. When I near 3200 it was always clear. So I'm going nutz with it until it's a smoke show on the big end. possibly leaving HLT to no more then 35 until I get back on the rollers.

My problem right now is the upper half of the LL range seems flat, hence my TM increase to 1 from stock.

Nice... My thoughts too. As long as I can hold rail and clean it up on HL, the HLD goes up without needing to run the HLR at an insane number. I'm at HLD 30 now and as soon as the trucks outta the body shop I'll give 40 a try too.

Tons of duration with no rail pressure will be a smoke show.
It was said in the beta test days that the rp curve is not super nuts.
I say add more rail any time you add more duration on smaller injectors,,,,say 150 and under.
Anything over that...maybe less duration but still keep the rail up there. Lots of fuel without the ability to atomize it properly....again with the smoke show.

I am interested in this dropping the POD experiment. I haven't touched mine yet but have always thought it ran better at not quite WOT. I can't play with mine right now but I'll be watching to see what happens.

I've got 1/2 mind to throw the timing at 28/35 and go 50 on everything else just to see what happens. If it blows the head off that's a good reason to put my other head on. LOL

Yea, I agree about holding rail, but if I'm seeing 23-24k, I should be able to keep upping the duration until either rail drops or smoke/temps too much... right?

I'm not touching my POD... if it's working I'm not gonna move it for fear of bad mojo.

All said, I need to get on a dyno.... soon, to do this right.

POD is broke for me. granted it's my first time using it ever. TQ 1 and going to 90 the throttle got touchier. got off the highway.....

free reving is cool. pod on 1 only revs to 2500 lol.

back to 99 and a reflash

Well, I tried. I cannot recall going to 90, but starting at 70. 75 feels like I moved it to TQ 2. Not sure why.

I suppose I'll give it a shot. If it breaks, you're buying me a beer. :)

I guess I owe you one at least.

Way to go man. I'm not touching mine...lol

Might as well man up and try. I am buying the first round.

POD is broke for me. granted it's my first time using it ever. TQ 1 and going to 90 the throttle got touchier. got off the highway.....

free reving is cool. pod on 1 only revs to 2500 lol.

back to 99 and a reflash

This goes back to my first time experience. after thinking about it I think I may have moved to 90 and that is when it went haywire. Went back to 75 or so, and it straightened out. I think I posted it before.

33 on the HLD is the sweet spot on mine. Going larger on that doesn't increase hp, either on the dyno or on the track. Going from HLRail of 30 in increments to 50, the 33 on HLD is still the best. If I go to a setting of 40 on the HLD, still no smoke, but about an average of 15 less hp. Going with a lot of fuel late is like adding a third injection event... :-)

Paul

33 on the HLD is the sweet spot on mine. Going larger on that doesn't increase hp, either on the dyno or on the track. Going from HLRail of 30 in increments to 50, the 33 on HLD is still the best. If I go to a setting of 40 on the HLD, still no smoke, but about an average of 15 less hp. Going with a lot of fuel late is like adding a third injection event... :-)

Paul

Mind posting your final setup? wondering what you have for a low end

Last edited:
Mind posting your final setup? wondering what you have for a low end

No such thing as a "final" setup. What I am racing with right now is:
LLTiming = 24
LLRail = 1
LLDur = 12
HLTiming = 28
HLRail = 40
HLDur = 33

Tq = 1

The low level settings are probably not optimum for the street. They are very "soft" settings. What they do allow is easy spool up when building boost at the line, and controlled torque on launch. They will allow 1.64 60' times all day long, and 1.58 if the track will hold it. With the 1.64 60's it runs a very consistitent 11.07 1/4 mile.

The down side to my LL settings on the street is that there is a big jump between the LL settings and the HL ones. It's great to be able to drive around smoke free (I live at 4600'), but if I do happen to get into the HL settings very heavy, it's bound to get sideways on me. If I'm going to drive it on the street a lot I usually drop the HLRail to 1, and the HLDur 10.

I tryed slowing it down to run in a 11.90 index class, and with the same LL setting, and HLDur = 5, HLRail = 1, and HLTiming = 15 ( couldn't go much less then this, EGT's started to climb), and it still ran 11.7x's. That works out to about 740hp. With my "normal" HL settings it works out to 870hp (it dyno'd at 865).

Sorry for the long post, but I really am having fun with the SSR.

Paul

No such thing as a "final" setup. What I am racing with right now is:
LLTiming = 24
LLRail = 1
LLDur = 12
HLTiming = 28
HLRail = 40
HLDur = 33

Tq = 1

The low level settings are probably not optimum for the street. They are very "soft" settings. What they do allow is easy spool up when building boost at the line, and controlled torque on launch. They will allow 1.64 60' times all day long, and 1.58 if the track will hold it. With the 1.64 60's it runs a very consistitent 11.07 1/4 mile.

The down side to my LL settings on the street is that there is a big jump between the LL settings and the HL ones. It's great to be able to drive around smoke free (I live at 4600'), but if I do happen to get into the HL settings very heavy, it's bound to get sideways on me. If I'm going to drive it on the street a lot I usually drop the HLRail to 1, and the HLDur 10.

I tryed slowing it down to run in a 11.90 index class, and with the same LL setting, and HLDur = 5, HLRail = 1, and HLTiming = 15 ( couldn't go much less then this, EGT's started to climb), and it still ran 11.7x's. That works out to about 740hp. With my "normal" HL settings it works out to 870hp (it dyno'd at 865).

Sorry for the long post, but I really am having fun with the SSR.

Paul

Don't apologize, our fuelin is very close, I paid very close attention to what you're doing. :thankyou2:

I had a chance to load 1.4 today. initial settings were
Torque 2
LLT 15 HLT 29
LLR 30 HLR 35
LLD 20 HLD 25

Rail pressure held 25k+ as long as i was in the throttle. at cruise light throttle it would hold 15-18k. Spool was quick and smoke was minimal except when the converter locked in 3rd then i got a good puff and some turbo surge then cleared back up. The engine did surge around 2200-2400 medium throttle with the converter locked.Kind of startled me. Once i hit OD i had heavy turbo surge and I lifted. I was about 80mph and it got there really quick. Faster and cleaner then it ever did with the old Beta 4.2
I never went full throttle as i was in traffic and just playing around at the stoplights. Got a few looks from people as i scooted away as quick as i did in a lifted truck on 37" :D

Last edited:
Who cares....buy a Smarty Jr. if you want better mileage.
I care don't reply if you do not have an answer! During the week driving back and forward to work spending $300+ a week on diesel it would be nice to save a little. I got allot of money going out in racing snowmobiles, trucks, and girls. Having more than 15 billion possible tuning customizations there's gotta be a good setting for mpg.

It wasn't made for fuel economy and last time I checked we named this place Competition Diesel.
And FYI....this is my house and I'll post wherever the hell I feel like.

Paul

ah thanks.... It's slowly being beat into my head. UNBROKEN... I get it now... some of it anyway lol

And no.... the skirts staying on.... I'm still not touching that POD :)

I've got 1/2 mind to throw the timing at 28/35 and go 50 on everything else just to see what happens. If it blows the head off that's a good reason to put my other head on. LOL

Do I remember Ashley posting up where a bunch of his numbers were on 50 when he ran down the track? Cannot find it though.

Back