SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

I care don't reply if you do not have an answer! During the week driving back and forward to work spending $300+ a week on diesel it would be nice to save a little. I got allot of money going out in racing snowmobiles, trucks, and girls. Having more than 15 billion possible tuning customizations there's gotta be a good setting for mpg.

A good mileage tune is just like building a full race tune. Every truck is different. I run mine on the same tune all the time. Get on a dyno build your tune the play with LL settings to get your DD tune better.

Hey bob that beta tune you sent me is better but it seems to only add the fuel part of the tune back in. Turn pod down works. then go back to 99 and get alot of timing knock and bad rattles. unload and reload and works great till you change pod again also with the pod adjustment it had alot of un commanded throttle after you let off. But only does that if you try to mess with the pod

And to help alot of you guys out on your tunning. One tune should do it all.... You shouldnt need to be messing with it much at all... Got mine great at WOT and most cruise speeds. Its would be nice to know when light load and high load come into play!

Who cares....buy a Smarty Jr. if you want better mileage.

I and alot of others care about a complete tuning package including milage. Some of us work hard and play harder. U have an attitude...

I changed LLD to 4 from 6 while raising LLR to 30 from 15, kept timing at 18 and it is smoking much less.. Kept HLT at 28 , HLD at 12 and bumped up HLT to 40 I think we are on to somthing.. Turned POD back to 99 TQ2 and hang is gone. I won't mess to much with top end until I get on a Dyno again.
PS hovering around 17mpg at 70..

I and alot of others care about a complete tuning package including milage. Some of us work hard and play harder. U have an attitude...

Work hard and play harder?

B000009POI.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

You haven't begun to see my attitude yet, b!tch.
Take your fuel mileage sh!t to Cummins Forum or DTR....those sites are for that bullsh!t.
We build fast sh!t here.....this has been covered numerous times and the core membership at COMPETITION DIESEL agrees with me.

You phucking 10 post morons coming into OUR house trying to change what WE built into what you think it should be can not only kiss my ass...you can take your ass back to wherever you came from.

I'm on my fifth tune and so far I still get the puffs of smoke and the blast when hitting it hard. Big sticks may be to big? turbos 66/74/14 Billet, S483 with 2.4 LPH sticks, Twin CP3s, Big stick cam, Ported Head, Big Hoss Intake, ATS w/PCS stand alone. Smarty SSR (821 RWHP & 1600 so far on Smarty Jr tune)
You claim all these mods and you're whining about fuel mileage?
Shut the phuck up already........

at 1600rpm no less.

If he has that much money into his POS truck, $100/weekly fill ups should be a drop in the bucket.

I think he was saying 821 HP & 1600 torque. Just to clear that up before he chimes back in b!tching about how we can't read or some crap. :nail:

You were just looking for a tow tune as well for your "Thumper", how did that work out?

I think he was saying 821 HP & 1600 torque. Just to clear that up before he chimes back in b!tching about how we can't read or some crap. :nail:

Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together - View Single Post - SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

no, he made all that pooowwweaaaa at 1600rpm.

Dyno 821hp @ 1600rpm & 1600 ft lbs on Smarty Jr (blew boost boot at 80 psi)

And 80psi at 1600rpm too.

821hp@1600rpm is more or less 2600#foot, not 1600@1600^81*moobies+wade

Damn! I was buttin heads with Unbroken a minute ago but I think I am starting to like him a bit myself...

Dude, youre just as much of an a$$hole as I am!

Clue me in here a bit though, are you one of many that run this forum or is this literally yours and yours alone? Just askin so go easy.

CompD belongs to Timbeaux38 and wideopen....we all left another site we ran at the same time and started this one a little over 5 years ago.
It was those 2, myself, Billysgoat and dalpilot along with a few hand chosen moderators.
I've been here along with them since before the site was even public.
Our goal back then was not to build another mild mods, fuel mileage, oil change info, air intake, exhaust site....but a place for the more extreme end of diesel motorsports.
I'll be damned if I'm gonna let it turn into just another lame ass diesel site where it's all hugs and kisses and nobodys feelings get hurt.
If someone needs to be told to phuck off around here...they will be.
Is this my website ? No
Is this my house ? You bet your ass it is.

Last edited:
Back