SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

Yes it is.

Just for aurgument sake, say a setting of 15 is equal to approx. 10 degrees of timing...(I'm not saying that is what it is. It is just an example)

Then 16 would equal ~ 10.2 degrees...

30 would equal ~ 13.5 degrees...

And so on...

That is straight from Marco's mouth :poke:

Thank you dockboy. good to know.

Interesting how this question gets ignored isnt it?
yes it is!
If knowing the real numbers dose not help you then you are not a good tuner anyone can enter in a bunch of different numbers possibly wreck some parts and watch dyno numbers until they get what they think is the highest hp. Someone that knows how to tune someone that has been doing it their whole life can take these numbers and figure out a very good starting point. I don't see why you are all getting mad that we are asking what our tuners are doing. I'm mad that this tuner is making my throttle hang even when all lows are 5 and all highs are 15 and the HLD is 12.

Last edited:
That's great info Dockboy, thanks!

Hey Jason, really go that high on the rp? I'll give it a shot on the weekend.

That's great info Dockboy, thanks!

Hey Jason, really go that high on the rp? I'll give it a shot on the weekend.

for me seems to clean things up a little bit better.. The surge is minimized, but still there.

I've started playing with Torque management 1 again. :bang

LL 15/50/28
HL 34/50/40

yeah, 40 on the high level duration. Never been that high on the duration before. I haven't gone too far into the upper RPM's in 6th, but in 5th is pulls very very well, and clean as far as I could tell at night. with the LL on 15/50/30-38 there seems to be a soft spot between 2400 and 2800-ish, pulls hard, slows down, and hits the high level and pulls again. Figured I'd try TM up a notch and the low end pulls more even. I'll see about that middle ground soon.

I make my boost early on with these settings. boost gauge will peg 60 around 2200rpm or so and hold steady. the problem is, it's always making more power at 3000 then lower. With a stock cam doesn't sound right does it? Still trying to figure out how to make more power down low.

Maybe that LL duration needs to be in the mid 40's ?

Last edited:
stupid question. when you post you # what is the order??? Is it how they come up in the sst menu?

stupid question. when you post you # what is the order??? Is it how they come up in the sst menu?

yeah, kinda.. timing, rail, duration. When I write down or post my numbers I'll group them in low and group them in high and call that out as the low or high group of numbers.

I dont care the timing number and so forth as I can see what the changes are in acutally timing. Id just like to know at what % load the LL and HL effect. I dont see how thats anything top secrect. It would just allow us to tune this damn things I want my smoke gone!

Bad Throttle or rail hang, had to go for brakes 70 -80 mph full throttle hit.
TQ2
llt18 lld1 llr12 hllt29 hlld12 hlr22 POD=60
Still can't get outa my own low end smoke.

Maddog from the original SSR Tuning instructions:

A somewhat close to stock software can be obtained with these setting's:
( All maps of the parameters have been totally redesigned. This makes a direct comparison impossible )
LLT : 15 - HLT : 5 | LLD : 15 HLD : 1 | LLRP : 1 HLRP 1

A somewhat close to TNTR # 7 software can be obtained with these setting's:
( Again it is not possible to directly compare the TNTR software to the SSR. )
LLT : 15 - HLT : 33 | LLD : 30 HLD : 15 | LLRP : 50 HLRP 50

I just got my SSR late last week and my injectors back on Saturday. Saturday night I ran stock software and tried out the SSR v1.4a on Sunday. Have had really limited time to tune, but I sure know what the ~2000 RPM surge is all about....

I'm not looking for race tune anymore, I want to control low end smoke and get back simple daily driving and easy towing. I don't live at sea level anymore, more like 1500-2000ft with lots of hills.

Based on reading this thread I started out with:
llt15 lld15 llr10 hllt25 hlld25 hlr20

I was amazed with the low smoke and quick spool, but the 2k surge was insane. Re-read Marco's posts about DR-RP relation ship, and how surge could be cause by the tune asking for more than my setup (Stock CP3) can provide.

So this is where I sit right now after 5-6 combos, still a small amount of surge, but I can live with that until it stops raining and get more time to tune.

llt15 (same as marco's for both tunes no plans to change)
lld5 (Less than Marco's stock tune, but I've got more RP, maybe go lower for more smoke control when weather gets warmer or with trailer)
llr15 (Like the RP ramp and I have way more than stock power and good spool/smoke)
hlt20 (kind of middle of the road between stock and tnt7 numbers don't plan on going higher until on the dyno)
hld10 (still have surge so I will try 5 next and then go in smaller steps)
hlr20 (I'm going to mess with hld first, I like the numbers I have seen on TST RP gauge)

Just seat of pants tuning so far, more time in downloads than driving time. When I hook up my 7k travel trailer that will be the real test.

Any words of advice for those with mild trucks and way more tuning time with SSR than me would be great.

Lee

Is the LLD sopposed to be higher then the HLD?

The way I'm comparing the numbers I'm not looking at them as absolute numbers but as change from starting values, his stock like numbers.

Comparing Marcos numbers (stock/TNT7 ish),

LLT 15-15 same on both tunes.
HLT 5-33 (+28)
LLD 15-30 (+15)
HLD 1-15 (+14)
Both rails from min to max.

Since I figure each of these tuning parameter act on a map or curve and why it's not so easy to say x = *deg of timing, I think of them a multipliers or some sort of gain to the curves.

I'm thinking the HLD curve already has way more fuel than the LLD curve so maybe needs smaller increments of adjustment.

But I did follow most people and started with a higher HLD than LLD but I'm heading the other way now.

Lee

PS I know I don't post much but I'm a regular lurker for many years, brain storming ideas has always worked well for me in the past. I work in process controls and "tune" many types of processes and build complex control system for Pulp and Paper industry. Working with many systems and software, I'm always trying to analyze how the tuning parameters work in real world application.

Last edited:
HEY GUYS, Please dont bash me to hard be gental! i have a o7 5.9 dually with a gorend tranny,dragon slayer cp3,80% over stock nozzels,mp-8,150 gal fass twins 64 over 483 diesel power source installing an intercooler this week ive got the ssr with reading all the comments good and bad which version do you recommend?1.3 or1.4 since im starting fresh. do i go to madds and get the down load and the last question what number would you recomend this is my play toy no towing no hauling just hauling a$$ out here in HEMET CA. any info would be great thank you! ERIC

Alright, I cut mine WAY back on LLD to try to handle the smoke, I still am getting better power and pedal response when I cut the POD back to 80. Anyone else care to cut back the POD and see if it helps out your LLRP dip? :poke: Jason?

Alright, I cut mine WAY back on LLD to try to handle the smoke, I still am getting better power and pedal response when I cut the POD back to 80. Anyone else care to cut back the POD and see if it helps out your LLRP dip? :poke: Jason?

I suppose I'll give it a shot. If it breaks, you're buying me a beer. :)

I suppose I'll give it a shot. If it breaks, you're buying me a beer. :)

Way to go man. I'm not touching mine...lol

How's the HLD 40 working out? I'm running 48 lpm and am thinking based on Marco's response that I don't really need to push big rail to get the flow, just duration.

Another note, anyone else other than Frank and I running TQ 3?

Last edited:
Back