SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

Ok finally got my animal running, runs great stock, runs great with the smarty tnt, but when i load the ssr i get the dreaded popping above 2000rpm or if i lay in to it. I know i need a dyno, but i need a tune to get it on the dyno first. Does anyone know what causes the popping? If i knew what caused it i could tune from there. I have version 1.4. Just looking for a tune so i can atleast drive it and get it on the dyno. Any suggestions are appreciated.

what did you load up first? popping might be way to little timing. white smoke?

I think if this 2000 rpm surge is figured out, things will be very drivable for the most part.

Anyone having problems with 1.4A turning off the shifter dash PRND21 lights when programming? My SSR did this twice and now I can,t get them back...

I wonder if the style of slug is causing timing issues. I have Marine (small bowl) slugs.
Ran several tunes, 28-30 seems to be the range for HLT. High egts when above 30 on hwy and lower mpg. I'm at 17mpg @ 70 mph at 29HLT. EGT 780-810 range

i first tried llt14/hlt28, lld15hld32, llr30/hlr40

I had alot of popping until I lowered the duration way down. The bigger the sticks the shorter the time it takes to fuel a charge.. I,m playing with 9/10 HLD and 4-6 LLD huge sticks.

I had alot of popping until I lowered the duration way down. The bigger the sticks the shorter the time it takes to fuel a charge.. I,m playing with 9/10 HLD and 4-6 LLD huge sticks.

Ill try that again, i tried 5hlt/1llt and it still popped, but i dont think i had my timing high enough. Ill try again with higher timing.

Anyone having problems with 1.4A turning off the shifter dash PRND21 lights when programming? My SSR did this twice and now I can,t get them back...

I wonder if the style of slug is causing timing issues. I have Marine (small bowl) slugs.
Ran several tunes, 28-30 seems to be the range for HLT. High egts when above 30 on hwy and lower mpg. I'm at 17mpg @ 70 mph at 29HLT. EGT 780-810 range

The shift lights will go away when you have the shift defuel off. Not sure about the rest.

what did you load up first? popping might be way to little timing. white smoke?

I think if this 2000 rpm surge is figured out, things will be very drivable for the most part.

This may be something Marco needs to work on for us (the surging), it is a PIA to try and drive around with this G56.....

[/QUOTE]How much truth is in that above comment? some? none? Maybe some sort of explanation as to the relative relation to the low and levels?[/QUOTE]

and this one...

If EFI Live will tell everyone what they want to know so badly, I'm suprised someone hasn't just done it and posted it...

All this bioching in a thread thats for us SSR guys is not cool..

We should all be on the same team here!

Back