SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

Patiently waiting to hear your findings.

Be a few days to see how this latest approach works out. I plan to let the truck sit for a while, save a few bucks and drive the TDI on a few longger trips I have today and tomorrow. :|

However thus far:

There's still a "dip" in the rail pressure.. LLR and HLR at 40 it surges bad, not so much if you pull the LLR down to 30. The surge while accelerating and the cruise control surge are all right around 2000-2000rpm. Surge goes away with more throttle.

Seems like if you want more rail, you have a dip. If you wish to drive around this dip, you have a surge, either way, I'm still getting smoke around that. I'm curious if this is everybody's "puff of smoke" then "cleared up" situation.

Low level 26/34/14 has been decent and smoke-free-ish on much more aggressive low speed driving. There's still some rattle I'm trying to tune out, like to much rail to soon with no real acceleration kinda rattle. Haven't done much with the high end yet. 28/40/22 is where it's at.

Hey Jason, have you tried to alter the POD? I saw major differences and a few places it was undriveable.

Damn there are bad areas all over..... Now at constant rpm no load both fcas get pissed and idles like i have some 2000* lift cam. Might be time to finish my standalone wiring and just start tunning on that

never touched that. to scared.

I backed off to 80 and it ran better than it did at 99, but then moved it around some more (65-75) and when I went to 99 I thought it was going to die. No pedal unless it went to what felt like WOT, I punched in 75 and it straightened up. Unplugged it and drove home. Was afraid to touch it afterwards.

I backed off to 80 and it ran better than it did at 99, but then moved it around some more (65-75) and when I went to 99 I thought it was going to die. No pedal unless it went to what felt like WOT, I punched in 75 and it straightened up. Unplugged it and drove home. Was afraid to touch it afterwards.

Some have said.. and I think they are right, some times not going to 100% throttle seems faster then 100% throttle. Setting the POD down a few notches to prevent 100% throttle may be something to consider in over all tuning with Smarty's.

I'm on my fifth tune and so far I still get the puffs of smoke and the blast when hitting it hard. Big sticks may be to big? turbos 66/74/14 Billet, S483 with 2.4 LPH sticks, Twin CP3s, Big stick cam, Ported Head, Big Hoss Intake, ATS w/PCS stand alone. Smarty SSR (821 RWHP & 1600 so far on Smarty Jr tune)
Little smoke now on low end but still more than I want on high end and easy to boost 80+. Torque smoothing out very nice and no rail hang now. Running 14A. How low is to low on bottom end? Much better low end response especially when warm. Seems there is somthing to less than 100% wot to make huge power without lag..

LLT 10
HLT 28
LLRP 7
HLRP 23
LLD 3
HLD 12

I'm on my fifth tune and so far I still get the puffs of smoke and the blast when hitting it hard. Big sticks may be to big? turbos 66/74/14 Billet, S483 with 2.4 LPH sticks, Twin CP3s, Big stick cam, Ported Head, Big Hoss Intake, ATS w/PCS stand alone. Smarty SSR (821 RWHP & 1600 so far on Smarty Jr tune)
Little smoke now on low end but still more than I want on high end and easy to boost 80+. Torque smoothing out very nice and no rail hang now. Running 14A. How low is to low on bottom end? Much better low end response especially when warm. Seems there is somthing to less than 100% wot to make huge power without lag..

LLT 10
HLT 28
LLRP 7
HLRP 23
LLD 3
HLD 12

Have you tried raising your LLT yet? Mine is liking

LLT20
HLT26
LLRP10
HLRP20
LLD18
HLD20

I was very conservative like you were and once folks started singing about the help from more timing I added some. Better temps, quicker spooling but still have a smoking issue. Hard to see watching rail with a Diablo but I think I am losing rail badly. That is not a tuning flaw though.

Third event

Is the third event being dropped?*bdh*
The standalone s out there have proved the third event is not needed.
Sorry if i missed anything .Please bring me up to date.
Between the extra heat, extra work for the injector & dirty oil syndrome.
I cant be-leave we still have to deal with it.

For some reason I can't dial out the smoke with v1.4, doesn't seem to light my turbo as well either. I've tried about 10 different combos including the settings that worked well for me in 1.3..

Hmmm

I've been playing with
tq 3
llt12, hlt25
llr00, hlr2
lld10, hld10
On taking off from a stop, smokey..not as bad as tntr, quicker spooling tho which clears up the smoke pretty quick. On the frwys 70-80 mph (flow of traffic), rp up to 23k. Just got my new rp gauge installed and maybe I used to run that high before with the quads rp gauge but it just read lower??

I've tried lower tq but pedal felt too dead plus trans ran hotter/ harder shifts.

For some reason I can't dial out the smoke with v1.4, doesn't seem to light my turbo as well either. I've tried about 10 different combos including the settings that worked well for me in 1.3..

I'm having the same thing happen... 14A. I bumped the llt to 18 and the truck loves it except initial foot feed. I'm getting lag and heavy smoke unless I feather it, when I hit it what would be normal I hit the dead spot and tar out the pipes. The rest of the tune is super using 18 llt, llr 6, lld 8.

i just changed from a Quad rail to a AM as it is easier to read. I have noticed the rail drop now. It will spike to 25k them drop to 15-18k under light throttle. I do not think it is running out of fuel because if i tip into the throttle a little more it jumps up then falls back again. I believe it is a command issue. I almost wish i did not sell my MP-8.

Be a few days to see how this latest approach works out. I plan to let the truck sit for a while, save a few bucks and drive the TDI on a few longger trips I have today and tomorrow. :|

However thus far:

There's still a "dip" in the rail pressure.. LLR and HLR at 40 it surges bad, not so much if you pull the LLR down to 30. The surge while accelerating and the cruise control surge are all right around 2000-2000rpm. Surge goes away with more throttle.

Seems like if you want more rail, you have a dip. If you wish to drive around this dip, you have a surge, either way, I'm still getting smoke around that. I'm curious if this is everybody's "puff of smoke" then "cleared up" situation.

Low level 26/34/14 has been decent and smoke-free-ish on much more aggressive low speed driving. There's still some rattle I'm trying to tune out, like to much rail to soon with no real acceleration kinda rattle. Haven't done much with the high end yet. 28/40/22 is where it's at.

Jason I've got that same F'in surge and it is driving my CRAZY!! Mine is between 1900-2100 rpm, off idle to 1800rpm all seems fine, hit 1900 and it starts surging, past 2100rpm all seems to be well again....

Tqm1
LLT15
LLR20
LLD18

Haven't played with HL's just yet..

Jason I've got that same F'in surge and it is driving my CRAZY!! Mine is between 1900-2100 rpm, off idle to 1800rpm all seems fine, hit 1900 and it starts surging, past 2100rpm all seems to be well again....

Tqm1
LLT15
LLR20
LLD18

Haven't played with HL's just yet..

my surge got better the closer to 30 I got. trying out 50 now :)

pressure with big sticks seems like the key here on the low end. rail on 50 one the low end has the surge too. however, boost comes on fast! no sign of a hang on the highway with the lower duration numbers.

pressure with big sticks seems like the key here on the low end. rail on 50 one the low end has the surge too. however, boost comes on fast! no sign of a hang on the highway with the lower duration numbers.

I have big sticks and when I push llr above 20 with 16 llt or above timing it sound like a full race at idle. Still have the tar at first acceleration thru 2K I love the midrange thu top explosion and have the "Haze" they talk about. This thing needs some low end programing yet. 2004.5

Does anyone know what each number REALY stands for in the timing area? For instance is 4 numbers 1 degree of timing???

Back