Super Street rules ??

I didn't see anything that said it had to be behind the cab. Could you have an exhaust that exited behind the front wheel and turned up by the door ?

NHRDA Super Street Rule revision effective – February 1st 2012
» Fuel cells are permitted and do not have to be mounted in stock location ( Fuel cells must be SFI approved)
» Battery(s) are no longer required to be forward of OEM Firewall.

Super Street just gained a competitor

:rockwoot:

I meant to say that all classes from super street and up such as pro street, pro stock and top diesel must have the exhaust pointed up and away from race vehicle.

So, why can't a street truck run a normal exhaust. Seems strange in a class that supposed to be street trucks, but has turned into almost all trailer queens.

Awesome looks like I am super street next year!
Edmonton I might run SS and pro street.

So, why can't a street truck run a normal exhaust. Seems strange in a class that supposed to be street trucks, but has turned into almost all trailer queens.

Up turned exhaust is supposed to stop the timing lights from getting smoked out. Other racing bodies require all exhaust to be upturned, even stock exit exhaust on ET trucks.

I am hoping I can run at least at Indy this year, I am just trying to get this exhaust thing figured out without cutting a hole in my bed or adding 100# of pipe to it.

I am hoping I can run at least at Indy this year, I am just trying to get this exhaust thing figured out without cutting a hole in my bed or adding 100# of pipe to it.

No hood stack or fender stack

Pretty much means you need put in bed stack or full exhaust or go pro street

I guess I didn't understand what you meant by a fender stack. I tried my best I guess no NHRDA FOR ME !

Really Randy I just think it is a stupid rule . The weight of the trucks is really what determines the class not where the smoke comes out. My truck is probably one the most streetable truck that you would have that is running in this class . I think it is really more a rule of your preference then that of the other racers . But maybe the class and the organization is getting too big to need new racers coming in.

Everyone has their opinion and you have that right

Just as you had the right build your truck to the 2.6 class rules and that has seemed to work for you.

We here at the NHRDA are trying to promote diesel Motorsports in a possitive manner and we have 6 classes to compete in and if choose please come compete with us.

If not then please at least support outlaw or nadm as at least you will be supporting diesel Motorsports still.

This will be my last response as I dont get into pissing matches on the Internet

Feel free to call or email me as I am at the office every day

Get a elbow and clamp it on your exhaust turned up. Its a rule to prevent smoking out staging lights.

You cant even run other peoples race in ET class with out a turn up.

Get a elbow and clamp it on your exhaust turned up. Its a rule to prevent smoking out staging lights.

You cant even run other peoples race in ET class with out a turn up.

Some people don't run a full exhaust. I for one have it dumping behind the cab but forward of the rear axle. I could smoke the lights, but pose no threat to anyone with turbo shrapnel as it is a 90* turn down.

I added this after red lighting at Spokane in Sportsman without moving last year. It doesn't matter what class you are running, smoking the lights is a bad thing...

Attachments

• Calgary.jpg
    Calgary.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 0
Some people don't run a full exhaust. I for one have it dumping behind the cab but forward of the rear axle. I could smoke the lights, but pose no threat to anyone with turbo shrapnel as it is a 90* turn down.

Hey preaching to the choir. I run full exhaust with muffler and cat on the 06 and the other guys tell me its a hazard and that I need cross bolts and turn up. I wont be running quick diesel or ET then.... I think in pro class's it makes sense to take every precaution to prevent staging errors no one wants to deal with that at an event on that level of competition.

Toolman come on... A full exhaust can't even weigh 50 lbs is 50lbs really gonna slow you down that much? Stupid excuse not to run a nhrda Race, add a little shot, that's legal in ss

Back