Swole...Again!

Any updates Swole?

NOPE!!!:doh:

With the holidays and Jeff going to Hawaii to get married for a week and them being pretty busy these days with no room in the shop, Its Still just sitting in my driveway being a Waste Of Space!!!!

I'm headed to Murfreesboro for the Sled pull shortly and then I guess next week I'll at least try to get it down to the shop...

But with the SS race coming up and Jeff / Phil trying to get their race trucks finished, I may have to keep it on the back burner for a while longer....

But beggers can't be choosers!! I'm just greatful to have the help and friendshiip from Jeff, Phil, Rick, and Kyle....

Hoping it won't be as long as It seems right now....

OR!!!!!!!!

I may just Part the damn thing out and find a freaking Stock motor to throw in it!!!!!!! :nail:

David, I don't think anyone wants the parts from your beast! Nobody want's your luck!

David, I don't think anyone wants the parts from your beast! Nobody want's your luck!

Thanks Adam!!!

I MUST hire you as my PR / Sales guy for the parts!!:poke:

LOL
J/K Brother!!:Cheer:

I wouldn't blame anyone for feeling that way... But trust me, there's nothing wrong with the parts.. It's jusrt ME and my Freakin BAD Carma!!!:doh:

Just sell that tainted sh!t on CF. Nobody would be the wiser. LOL

Good Idea!!

But I just had a PM offering to take the twins and dual pumps off my hands already!! Wow! lol

I'll take the pistons!

I think Unbroken has dibs on the pistons from way earlier in the thread but you're second on the list if he doesn't want them...

But thats of course all on what i decide to do......

To Be Continued......................

Heading out to Murfreesboro TN....Later Dudes!!! :)

part the truck out, drop in a stock motor, sell the truck, and buy Brad Ponci's race truck that's for sale on here!

part the truck out, drop in a stock motor, sell the truck, and buy Brad Ponci's race truck that's for sale on here!

Indeed. I would love to buy that truck. I can't believe it's still for sale.

Unfortunately its not in the cards for me. :nail:

Okay, I finally got to work on my truck today!!:snoop:

I pulled the head.

The MLS HG looked fine with no signs of damage or compromise! ARP 625's kept it clamped down great!

The cylinders walls all look good, beleive it or not... So not sure I actually have a bent rod or a badly broken ring, because the cylinder walls should be jacked up.

So, the next step is the pull the pan and we're just going to pull the pistons out "In Frame"....

Theory at this point is that the oil squirters not being able to fill the crown cavity with oil and/or only being pointed at the wrist pins, may have caused excessive ring wear and /or the rings lost tension...

There was definate signs of oil passing through on #2 and maybe a of couple others... There was some buildup on a couple of pistons....

But the spray patterns on the pistons looked Dead On in All cylinders ( Thank you Don ) and the Monotherms look Brand New still...Those things are bad A$$

I'm going to ship them back to Mahle so they can inspect them and the rings for their own testing purposes (They asked if I could do this for them)..... Then they'll get them back to me with a new set of rings...

I'm going to modify my Monotherms the way Chris ( Joesixpack ) did so as to be able to squirt oil at the wrist pin when at TDC and so the squirters will be shooting oil into the crown cavity when at BDC.

Like this...

466509e4.jpg

3425d4cb.jpg

This is the way they came... No oiling hole under the skirt, So you have to chose to leave the squirters pointed at the wrist pin like I did or to Drasticaly bend them outward to shoot into the hole of the cavity plates... By drilling the holes and moving the cover plates like Chris did, we can get oil to both areas...

5dc2a39e.jpg

9ea7acb8.jpg

Last edited:
Would a bent rod necessarily mean cylinder damage? I would think it could be bent enough to drop compression and cause your symptoms, but not enough to do any cylinder damage... just my .02, but not sure they aren't worth that much...

Oh, and THANK YOU for changing your avatar... that was just CREEPY!

Would a bent rod necessarily mean cylinder damage? I would think it could be bent enough to drop compression and cause your symptoms, but not enough to do any cylinder damage... just my .02, but not sure they aren't worth that much...

Oh, and THANK YOU for changing your avatar... that was just CREEPY!

Bent rod may not cause huge cylinder damage but for it to cause SO much oil usage, you'd think some damage will be there..

We're going to measure protrusion just to see... I didn't have time today..

BTW,,, Someone Else changed my avatar for me!! I'd never put FORD up there as my avatar!! LOL
The Mods here love to mess with me and some others by changing our chit from time to time... All good though..

Glad to hear. Doesn't sound to bad at all.

Hoping not....But either way, I'm so tired of waiting... I finally got to get into it a bit today.. Hoping I can get it running in a few weeks..

Last edited:
I ought to just ship you my 5.9 when we pull it for the 6.7 swap. Put a smaller pump on it and have yourself a nice reliable truck with a p-pump. you could just leave it around 700hp and still have fun.

atleast your able to start working on it Dave- can u explain more about the oil holes-i didnt get it.... and would be good to know if i go with some mono therms in the future

glad theres no crazy damage (yet)

I think the mods may be telling you Something LOL

Yeah, I guess...
I guess they hate that creepy MJ pic...lol

I ought to just ship you my 5.9 when we pull it for the 6.7 swap. Put a smaller pump on it and have yourself a nice reliable truck with a p-pump. you could just leave it around 700hp and still have fun.

Not gonna say NO to that!!! LOL
That would be kewl though!!

atleast your able to start working on it Dave- can u explain more about the oil holes-i didnt get it.... and would be good to know if i go with some mono therms in the future

glad theres no crazy damage (yet)

Did you see the pics I posted?

The underside of the monotherm skirt does NOT have the hole in it for the squirter to shoot oil into the cavity thats up in the crown area.... This oil in there cools the area around the Ring lands...

To make the squirter work properly for the cavity, it must the Bent A Lot to the OUTSIDE of the skirt so it aims at the holes in those Plates that are installed on the monotherms...

Here are some pics of a friend of mine that has Monotherms.. He bent the squirters out to the side... But doing this keep ANY oil from getting shot at the wrist pin area... The wrist pins are coated and get oil splash, so they do well that way too.

65a7a4db.jpg

c3fcfff9.jpg

As appossed to the way Chris (Joesixpack) did his..... He had holes drilled into the underside of his older monotherms... Then pulled those plates out, ground off the tangs, rotated them around to align with the holes he drilled...The tack welded them into place!

This way, when the pistons are Down the squirters are filled the crown cavity...When the pistons are UP, the squirters are shooting at the wrist pins..

466509e4.jpg

These are the plates I refer to!! See the holes that are made for the squirters to shoot into? and for oil to drain out of ??

The "Tangs" have to be ground off when you re-install and then they have to be tack welded into place

9ea7acb8.jpg

3425d4cb.jpg

Hopefully this was understandable..... I just hope I can do as good as Chris did!!

thanks Dave- after looking at the pics better i understand it now- i was busy watching the Bruins in a non stop fight with montreal lol