Swole...Again!

Pics of my Oil from after tip split (1K miles) til now (4K+miles)

Here is a pic of what the oil test showed at 1000 +/- miles, After the tip split....And then Just the other day at approx. 4000 +/- miles...

Top is from 12-10-10

Bottom is from 09-09-10

The High Sodium / Potassium is from the REV-X I was told by Dalpilot and he spoke with the owner about it to confirm it...

No Glycol was detected..Thank God!!

No major signs of extreme wear or contaminate metals!!!

4bbb12d3.jpg

f3b68845.jpg

563f437f.jpg

2b868070.jpg

feb7a218.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like good news. Maybe you will get a LESS EXPENSIVE fix after all.

Fixed it for ya!! LOL

Nothing real Easy (Not really hard, just time consuming) about having to pull, disassemble, rebuild, and re-installed a motor!! Been there down that!!

Fixed it for ya!! LOL

Nothing real Easy (Not really hard, just time consuming) about having to pull, disassemble, rebuild, and re-installed a motor!! Been there down that!!

You're probably getting better at pulling CR motors than anyone I know! I'll bet it goes a lot quicker than the first time!

Just like me and the transmission on my race truck, first time took all day to pull it probably 12 hours, second time took about 6 hours, third time I pulled changed converter and reinstalled in 4 hours flat.

Pic of cold start back when it was still pretty WARM out!!

This was back when it was still pretty warm out....Not exactly sure what it was..

f3cfc4a1.jpg

Not up to temp yet, mid 80's atnleast outside.

The compression isn't that low... Maybe 16:1

It didn't do this until after the tip split and I got replacements.

Its Way worse now that its cold out.

hope you don't have a serious issue but, your symptoms sound a lot like the burp ( when you let off the throttle, then step on it again and get a puff of white smoke ) many experience including myself. IMHO, I think it's something to do with the electronics, maybe the Smarty. My truck has done that for years. Not all the time but, every once in a while.

That or, I've always looked at it like flooding a gasser. With big injectors, you let off the throttle but, it takes a second for the RP to bleed down. Extra fuel ends up in the bowl and then you hit the throttle again and it gets spit out unburnt.

Even if the outside temp is up some, your block is still cold and with larger injectors, you're dumping more fuel.... hence more white smoke.

These are my thoughts on what you're experiencing. Your oil consumption is a obvious sign of another problem though.

Check out this video. 250hp s.a.c.'s. It clears up to where it's tolerable for people to drive behind me but, bellows the white smoke until up to temp. Apparently sac nozzles are the better nozzle but, the smoke can't be avoided ??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qBjlU1pP7w

Yeah Ty! That is pretty much a lot of white smoke..

But don't forget how lower all the psi was on your cylinders when u did that comp test.

That could have a lot to do with how much yours is smoking.

Fixed it for ya!! LOL

So very true.

Again best of luck you just dont deserve all this heartache and headache. On another note, I left a message on Jeff's phone today about an engine build so we will see. Sounds like Im going to have to get in line if you keep these motor builds up.

Not up to temp yet, mid 80's atnleast outside.

The compression isn't that low... Maybe 16:1

It didn't do this until after the tip split and I got replacements.

Its Way worse now that its cold out.

I would honestly try someone else's injectors man. I understand he has helped you a ton, but haven't you been using the same brand of injector through all these motors??

just my $.02

Yeah Ty! That is pretty much a lot of white smoke..

But don't forget how lower all the psi was on your cylinders when u did that comp test.

That could have a lot to do with how much yours is smoking.

my compression probably plays a little part but, my last injectors didn't smoke anything like that. Just pointing out what going bigger with sac's will do.

I would honestly try someone else's injectors man. I understand he has helped you a ton, but haven't you been using the same brand of injector through all these motors??

just my $.02

Yes but once again, this is Not a tip issue... The bodies tested good by Jeff and Don... I have tried two separate set of tips and no change.

The original tip that split was the SAC style that started as flux 2's, upgraded to 3.3's, and again upgraded to 3.8's.. Lots of hard runs and pressure. The fact that it split Don mentioned in another thread that the sac tips are more prone to failures but have better performance. The las to sets Don made were Cummins tips. He made the second set simply to help me totally rule out a fuel issue.

None of my failures except my very first one were due to injectors. And that was just a body issue. Not the tip..

Don has treated me exceptionally well..!

my compression probably plays a little part but, my last injectors didn't smoke anything like that. Just pointing out what going bigger with sac's will do.

Yeah, thise are huge..

Doubt I'll ever go that big.

David, when the air is cold my truck smokes white like a mofo when I start it. Takes 2-3 min to clear then blue, to black. Lower comp, decent ring gap, no heaters.

I'll be All alone walking around the races in 11'...

It's ok Dave, I'll still be your friend...

Last edited:
I Not at all worried about white smoke at cold start when things are running normal!!

I've just NEVER had that much white smoke when it's 90* outside....And the Worst part was the Sputtering / Stumbling that my truck has for the first 5mins of driving until it gets to normal opp. temps..... And even still has a slight stumble right off idle / no boost when driving warm....