Swole's Infamy of Carnage Continues!!

Definately not trying to corner the market here. Im not trying to sell anything. Trying to help some guys understand that you dont have to spend thousands of dollars on parts to go fast. And that you can do without some of the parts that are gonna help melt down their engines. By no means am I the first to do it, but my truck runs as fast, sometimes faster than trucks with WAY WAY more money invested and WAY more power adders/supporters. Im running 11.20s with a single pump that will only hold 20k psi and a single turbo that is very streetable. It gets driven every single day. Anyone is more than welcome to make a pass with me at TS to verify any of this info. Most trucks that run these times have a big set of twins and dual cp3s. Im not trying to say I am the only one to accomplish it, there are many others. Im just trying to get the point out that you dont need to blow hard lines and bust injectors and nozzles to run these times.

If I owned Swoles truck, Id ditch the duals and twins and change a few things and I would bet moeny that it would live. Even without the monotherms.

Not trying to be a samrt a** Triton, but what happened to the original engine in your truck?

Late '06 build...TST no likey!!

Ty pretty much discovered the TST problem for the late CAN trucks.

:hehe: :doh: TST was nice enough to give me my money back too :kick:

Ashley, it was a combination of things. Not enough air, heat soaked motor, TST/Smarty stacked on a '07... #4 had a half dollar size hole in the top and side.

:hehe: :doh: TST was nice enough to give me my money back too :kick:

Ashley, it was a combination of things. Not enough air, heat soaked motor, TST/Smarty stacked on a '07... #4 had a half dollar size hole in the top and side.

I remember that... it was not pretty, nor were the pictures.

Swole... man, you have no luck.

How many holes do the 6.7's have? Has anyone been melting those down in similar fashion as swole? I think the pistons are similar to the 03/04 pistons. Aren't they?

The 6.7L nozzle is micro-blind sac type, 8 orifices on an impinged pattern, 146° cone angle. The big difference here, as is the same for the LBZ nozzle, the guide was decreased in diameter to 3.5mm to handle the increase in pressure of the entire system. The piston is re-entrant type very similiar to the '03-04.

The 6.7L nozzle is pictured on right in the following.

26368_394280310912_506865912_4367603_726146_n.jpg

I have a long weekend ahead of me. More pretty photos of that progress later.

And....engines to melt and destroy.:hehe:

Still haven't answered a simple question, you can avoid the answer of nozzle variance, but what percentage of variance do you allow once your injectors are assembled? 3% - 5% - 7% or just whatever happens, because they are "blueprinted"?

interesting question... would like to know as well.... Wes what variances are allowed by you?

5% is the accepted service limit, Exergy likes to be closer to 3% across all pieces when assembled.

David, did you get your truck up and running yet? Just wandering if you were gonna make TS. If so, we'll see you guys there. We'll give you a shout tomorrow night.

When i talked to a Bosch Eng. he claimed the 5.9cr system was designed to run at 24K. He said the injectors and the cp3 reacts a different times. So when you lift the pedal from WOT your injectors goes back to idle fuel... The cp3 keeps fueling psi for micro seconds after (rail spike) then comes off to idle fueling psi. Under extrem psi systems (psi box) he has seen injector failures happen instantly due to stored psi with out the release into the cylinder.

This is correct. The system was never designed to handle the pressure they are subjected to with big pumps, boxes, etc. We use a pressure transducer and gauge that goes to 100,000 psi to test trucks here. We have seen 60,000 psi spikes with big dual and some single systems. This is totally unacceptable.

Our shop replaced another bag full of bodies this week. 12. The highest number yet, but last week it was only 3. I had hoped things were turning around on replacements because our average is about 7-8 per week. Nozzle failures are much lower. They tend to take it better, but they were never designed to go 60,000 either!

I have posted on every forum ( more than once ) that the pressure must be dealt with. It still gets ignored. The companies that provide the big pressure and volume parts, should also provide a system or means to deal with the overage of volume and pressure the system receives, but none do. Some even sell a block off kit to get rid of the only pressure relief system the engine comes with. LOL

This is like selling a better turbo with no wastegate system to control its shaft speed.

Most stock 03-04 trucks we test run about 14-15K psi cruising and never exceed 23K! Even with spikes. The 04.5 are higher. maybe 16K cruise and 25K spikes. Adding a single box or tweak in the program changes everything. Removing the PRV, adding a second pump, or modifying the FCA, or a combo of all those things.....will eventually kill your injectors.

Our bursting module will go to 4000 bar steady. I can break parts with it at will. In seconds. Thats about 58,000 psi. Like I said earlier, I have measured spikes around 60K. Thats just stupid and shows that the systems are not thought out.

Blaming the injectors and nozzles is akin to blaming the tire manufacturer when their speed rating is lower than the speed you drive and the tires explode. How many guys drive 175 MPH on H rated tires? This is the same crap in a different box, but with high pressure fuel systems.

Big Swole, it'll be late next week before we get these complete. It has been hugely busy here.

Don I bought the injectors from Kai, so do the larger flow nozzles effect the longgevity?

When i talked to a Bosch Eng. he claimed the 5.9cr system was designed to run at 24K. He said the injectors and the cp3 reacts a different times. So when you lift the pedal from WOT your injectors goes back to idle fuel... The cp3 keeps fueling psi for micro seconds after (rail spike) then comes off to idle fueling psi. Under extrem psi systems (psi box) he has seen injector failures happen instantly due to stored psi with out the release into the cylinder.

Its not even idle fuel it goes to, its zero fuel when the rpms are above idle and the TPS is at 0, so there isn't any pressure being released via the injectors.

David, did you get your truck up and running yet? Just wandering if you were gonna make TS. If so, we'll see you guys there. We'll give you a shout tomorrow night.

No Sir, I didn't expect to get the injectors that quick..

I'll be in the TDI!! Maybe the ET class!! LOL

Just read your post Don!

Kewl, Thanks!!!

I didn't expect to make TS and was never counting on it...

I get to save money on fuel with the TDI :)