Swole's Infamy of Carnage Continues!!

I recieved my report back on my flux 6.2s from the Bosch engineer i PAYED to have a 2nd opinion on.
Don you have a PM!!

This is correct. The system was never designed to handle the pressure they are subjected to with big pumps, boxes, etc. We use a pressure transducer and gauge that goes to 100,000 psi to test trucks here. We have seen 60,000 psi spikes with big dual and some single systems. This is totally unacceptable.

Our shop replaced another bag full of bodies this week. 12. The highest number yet, but last week it was only 3. I had hoped things were turning around on replacements because our average is about 7-8 per week. Nozzle failures are much lower. They tend to take it better, but they were never designed to go 60,000 either!

I have posted on every forum ( more than once ) that the pressure must be dealt with. It still gets ignored. The companies that provide the big pressure and volume parts, should also provide a system or means to deal with the overage of volume and pressure the system receives, but none do. Some even sell a block off kit to get rid of the only pressure relief system the engine comes with. LOL

This is like selling a better turbo with no wastegate system to control its shaft speed.

Most stock 03-04 trucks we test run about 14-15K psi cruising and never exceed 23K! Even with spikes. The 04.5 are higher. maybe 16K cruise and 25K spikes. Adding a single box or tweak in the program changes everything. Removing the PRV, adding a second pump, or modifying the FCA, or a combo of all those things.....will eventually kill your injectors.

Our bursting module will go to 4000 bar steady. I can break parts with it at will. In seconds. Thats about 58,000 psi. Like I said earlier, I have measured spikes around 60K. Thats just stupid and shows that the systems are not thought out.

Blaming the injectors and nozzles is akin to blaming the tire manufacturer when their speed rating is lower than the speed you drive and the tires explode. How many guys drive 175 MPH on H rated tires? This is the same crap in a different box, but with high pressure fuel systems.

Common Rail injector failure in a nutshell.

Lemme guess. Another company in the performance injector business had something negative to say? Hmmm?

alright. i've been keeping up with this thread - haven't missed a post. first: major informative. thanks to all who've contributed.

anyway, i've been opting to stay out of this as i'm clearly a n00b. i split no hairs about it.

however, i have to say... don's done a pretty hardcore job at avoiding weston's attempt to elicit an acceptable variance % on injectors leaving don's shop.

this does not bode well for what joelc79 has discovered (but chosen, for some reason, not to share. i'll give him the cool points for giving don the chance to respond to his findings first, tho).

clearly, some of you have some pretty strongly held "beliefs" about what is good or bad for these motors. the problem is, beliefs hold a wee insufficient flame to quantifiable observations and demonstrable facts.

i hate to be the nerd here, but i think if everyone sticks to what they know (via observation and measurement, not what they "know cuz it feelz so right") we will, as a community, make significantly greater progress with our trucks.

most notably, more people will be able to develop the know-how to run stand-alone ECUs (and more companies will be willing to market stand-alones of varying sophistication), and less of us will be forced to rely on "belief boxes" like smarties, edges, et cetera.

just... you know... sayin.

((and of course, much appreciation to david for letting us all learn from his horrendous luck))

I second that motion. Gets kinda hard to sift through some people's hardcore opinions, for other peoples firsthand experiences

Swole I love you man, im glad you keep pushing the envelope cause you can tell me what not to do, but damn how in the hell you pay for all that... Drug bust money?!?!?!? ; )

NO!

I have learned that arguing with other vendors and mouth pieces for vendors is not a good idea It gets everyone, nowhere.

It took awhile, but I did learn.

NO!

I have learned that arguing with other vendors and mouth pieces for vendors is not a good idea It gets everyone, nowhere.

That's kinda true.....just look at the cam threads between Hamilton and Comp.

NO!

IMO, which I know you don't care for would be.... if you did lay it all out on the line, you might gain even more business if you're proof is what you claim it to be.

Eactly what i was thinking. :bang

I hear the same thing from competing companies. when i call for customers.

Then how is someone suppose to have confidence in the products they buy...? I try to learn as much as i can on the correct parts to buy, the ones that have the respect and proven performance in this small diesel community. I chose to have my injectors tested by an outside company, im glad i did.

Back