Tech help swapping in 12valve

It runs. Ill try and get some video.

Denny, dont worry about the call back. We figured out the fuel issue; the push-lock fitting on the tank was pulling a small amount of air. We unhooked it and put the line straight on the barb, and she sucks some fuel now! LOL

I hydrolocked the motor within my first 5 minutes of testing this past weekend at an event we were sponsoring. But we pulled the injectors and finally got it started again on tuesday.

Couple questions/hiccups:

It has the RH tranny. I have the three prong wires hooked up for the O/D and lockup, yet they seem to do absolutely nothing; this could possibly be because the damn thing wont come out of first gear though.

Is there something else I need to be hooking up to get this thing to shift? Right now I only have P, R, N, D (stuck in 1)

Also, it seems this truck really has no problem staying cool. I am not sure if i have even managed to open the thermostat yet, but due to space constraints, I am considering two of these pusher fans. Do you think they will be sufficient when I am wheeling?

Flex-a-lite 143 - Flex-a-lite Low Profile S-Blade Electric Fans SummitRacing.com

Thats about 2500cfm....seems low, but I dont have many options.

It has the RH tranny. I have the three prong wires hooked up for the O/D and lockup, yet they seem to do absolutely nothing; this could possibly be because the damn thing wont come out of first gear though.

I'm not a tranny expert, but you aren't trying to apply 12V to the OD/LU pins are you? At least on my 97, the 12V is applied all the time and the PCM just drags the function to ground.

I'm not a tranny expert, but you aren't trying to apply 12V to the OD/LU pins are you? At least on my 97, the 12V is applied all the time and the PCM just drags the function to ground.

I have 12V to the center wire, and the outers are ground wires on a switch. Incorrect?

Either way, what the hell do I have to do to get this thing to shift?

I have 12V to the center wire, and the outers are ground wires on a switch. Incorrect?

Either way, what the hell do I have to do to get this thing to shift?

Jess, the center wire is 12V pos. The front and rear are your OD, and 4th gear. Run a wire from each to a separate toggle switch, and ground the other side of the switch. As for it not shifting, do you have the TV cable pulled all the way toward the rear of the truck? If that does'nt fix it for ya, ya got issues man. Call me if I can be of any help. Gary

Jess, the center wire is 12V pos. The front and rear are your OD, and 4th gear. Run a wire from each to a separate toggle switch, and ground the other side of the switch. As for it not shifting, do you have the TV cable pulled all the way toward the rear of the truck? If that does'nt fix it for ya, ya got issues man. Call me if I can be of any help. Gary

Is the TV the kickdown lever (above and in front of shift linkage)? We have tried that one forward, and zip tied back with no difference.

The O/D and 4th are wired exactly how you describe, with absolutely no change when i flip either when driving while stuck in first gear.

This donor tranny actually drove to the shop before disassembly.

Shoulda put a 6ohhhh in it!:hehe:

Negative.

shtfan.gif

chairbeat.gif

:hehe:

Shoulda put a 6ohhhh in it!:hehe:

Who forgot to take the trash out? :doh:

And no real update. Turns out the draw tube grommet was ripped (thanks Josh...falcons for ripping that), and it would seem that I have about as much water in the tank as diesel :bang

We have been slammed, so I havent had time to touch it other than roll it in and out of the shop.