Texas DHRA Nationals?

There must have been more local advertising of the event, there were alot of people in the stands for a diesel event. The payouts were really good, we had a good time.

There must have been more local advertising of the event, there were alot of people in the stands for a diesel event. The payouts were really good, we had a good time.

It was a good turnout.. Eric said he handed out several thousand free tickets to FEMA workers and red cross workers and just different people that were affected by the hurricane.

It was my first diesel event and we had a good time, it was just unfortunite that the Pro Street class was a joke and was heimed up with only one truck. I tryed my best to run in that class to give the fans a 2 truck class at least, NO such luck: said i needed to run in a 13.0 sec class with the street trucks? It was a lot of fun the run it through the 1/8th dump it and coast through at a 11.00 flat for a break out. Mickey Mouse could have put on a more structured race..... what i got from it was to finally get to meet some great folks and make a couple desant 1/8th mile hits. The truck wouldnt take juice out of the hole so i was having to really baby it out of the gate on the motor resulting in 2+ sec. 60's hurting my ET's badly but i still pulled off a couple low 6.7x's at 106mph in the 1/8th, i was hoping to run some 40's. It was really great to finally meet many of yall, it was just to bad some of the other put a bad taste in my mouth.
Ryan

Hey, guys sorry i didnt get to meet all of u.
Scott i just missed u, me and chris (turbodizel) pulled up to your truck and some cat hung us up and u left. o'yea my buddy with the red dodge welding truck told me to tell u your WELCOME for the RED-LIGHT he give u.

Sure had a good time. Brought a big enough crew.
Note to self: Pass on the BURNOUT contest next time.
Tommy

Hey, guys sorry i didnt get to meet all of u.
Scott i just missed u, me and chris (turbodizel) pulled up to your truck and some cat hung us up and u left. o'yea my buddy with the red dodge welding truck told me to tell u your WELCOME for the RED-LIGHT he give u.

Sure had a good time. Brought a big enough crew.
Note to self: Pass on the BURNOUT contest next time.
Tommy

Hey, I actually think you may be talking to me about your buddy in the red welding truck..But I appreciate it:Cheer:

Nope. No drinkin. burn-outs, dough-nuts, drifting(duallys), flipped atvs & broken toes.
Only 1 went to the hospital and mabe 10 or 12 people were thrown out of the track sat night.
Any-one got the hook-up on tires???
TOMMY

Drinking.....na. Ive never been to a racing event like that before. When we left, driving out of the parking lot it looked like 90+% of the pit crews drank and then just threw all the cartons and cans on the ground? Since i had no shoot at winning any purse....... i should have taking the time to fill the bed of the p/u with alum. cans, at least i could have gotten my $50.00 race fee back, and then some.

Drinking.....na. Ive never been to a racing event like that before. When we left, driving out of the parking lot it looked like 90+% of the pit crews drank and then just threw all the cartons and cans on the ground? Since i had no shoot at winning any purse....... i should have taking the time to fill the bed of the p/u with alum. cans, at least i could have gotten my $50.00 race fee back, and then some.

I know we were one of the very last to leave and there was cans everywhere!

I was hopin to meet ya seen ya a couple times but never got to meet ya.

I agree with that, it isn't hard to just throw the cans in the back of the truck at the very least and clean it out the next day? Same thing on 4wheeler rides everyone throws their cans down but it takes 2 seconds to crunch them around the rack and then you can keep count!!! Haha

I had a great time like always and it was good finally meeting Forrest and meeting Jim Fulmer as well. I hope next year they can do the event again and hopefully it will grow in size quite a bit. I know I would love to see more Super Mods there!

It was a good turnout.. Eric said he handed out several thousand free tickets to FEMA workers and red cross workers and just different people that were affected by the hurricane.

Wow. If that's true, kudos to him for that.

It's really disappointing to see that so many people could be so irresponsible.
Really makes for a bad image of our sport.

I wasnt throwing my stuff on the ground......but They sure as heck covered the clean up fee when they got you at the gate. $$.

In bracket class two people made complaints because they lost and were trying to protest.

Mcbride said he would let them run again if they didn't have beers in their hand when making the protest. He wouldn't allow them back on the track after drinking. I thought it was funny