the snuffer.................

Definitely an interesting read just for the amount of doubt in common rails. A few people doubted they would ever make 1200 on fuel or support high boost without extremely low compression.

it makes me giggle.

May the endless amounts of knowledge from Sir CR himself continue.

We make many different turbos, but we have never named one a Snuffer.

The snuffer for those that aren't aware is the device that is used to pop Wades giant ego, for example: Linking this thread to any post that Wade makes in the future would serve as a snuffer.

:hehe:

This is like a VH1 episode "behind the scenes he was falling apart".

We do respect Idaho CTD as he does know turbocharging. The dual internal wastegates that we use in our S300 and S330 turbos are machined larger than how they come from Borg Warner. Wastegate sizing along with Turbo sizing and piping size etc. are part of a complete package for a predetermined hp and use. Internal or external wastegates that are too large can hurt overall performance for a lesser hp range. Wastegates that are matched too small can hurt power in higher hp ranges with more exhaust flow/back pressure. Turbine sizing is also a big part of the whole package as well.

I can go on for a while on all of these topics. I think I will let you guys all bat it around though. Thanks, Brady

Next time we are all together, I will buy you all a beer. I hope it's soon!

Unbelievable!!!

A Thread from 4 years ago, when i had just enough turbo knowledge to be deadly.....I posted this thread to ask questions and make my set up better, Later learning that the turbo was just simply too big for my combo.

Just a few months after that we ended up haveing 3 track records one NHRDA Pro street championship and one of the fastestet CR's in the country, with the silver bullet turbo from II.

Simple fix really....

When your trying to be the best you will make mystakes, thats all part of trial and error, in this case thats what happened. it was my fault for asking for the biggest single i could put in there. everything was just a temporay mock up to see what the results would have been.

Funny thing is, now that it's 4 years later and you guys are still laughing about this thread. while it is funny, there were distinct reasons it worked out the way it did, but you dont want to look at the obvious.....you only see what you want to...

You see what i've built in the last few years (pro stock truck) Most of you guys will never know what it takes to do what i have, and you will never know what it is like to go as fast as i have in a diesel truck....

You have no respect for anyone or anything, your just wolves waiting for your time to shine.... at someones exspense.

you can talk the talk, but lets see you walk the walk...

I've proven i can go fast, what have you proven???

The snuffer for those that aren't aware is the device that is used to pop Wades giant ego, for example: Linking this thread to any post that Wade makes in the future would serve as a snuffer.

:hehe:

This is like a VH1 episode "behind the scenes he was falling apart".

Good call T$!

A Thread from 4 years ago, when i had just enough turbo knowledge to be deadly.....I posted this thread to ask questions and make my set up better, Later learning that the turbo was just simply too big for my combo. Never claiming to have vast turbo knowledge, never have i said that, nore do i even post in turbo threads. My airflow knowledge start's at the intake manifold and ends at the exhaust manifold. Im a engine builder, not a turbo wizard.

Just a few months after that we ended up haveing 3 track records one NHRDA Pro street championship and one of the fastestet CR's in the country, with the silver bullet turbo from II.

Simple fix really....

When your trying to be the best you will make mystakes, thats all part of trial and error, in this case thats what happened. it was my fault for asking for the biggest single i could put in there. everything was just a temporay mock up to see what the results would have been.

Funny thing is, now that it's 4 years later and you guys are still laughing about this thread. while it is funny, there were distinct reasons it worked out the way it did, but you dont want to look at the obvious.....you only see what you want to...

You see what i've built in the last few years (lots of new CR hard parts)(several high HP CR engines)(pro stock truck) Most of you guys will never know what it takes to do what i have, and you will never know what it is like to go as fast as i have in a diesel truck....

You have no respect for anyone or anything, your just wolves waiting for your time to shine.... at someones exspense.

Last edited:
roflcopter.gif

Holly ****, Comp461 did reincarnate as wade!

You're not throwing this garbage out then deleting the post. You said it...now you own it.

A Thread from 4 years ago, when i had just enough turbo knowledge to be deadly.....I posted this thread to ask questions and make my set up better, Later learning that the turbo was just simply too big for my combo.

Simple fix really....

You see what i've built in the last few years (pro stock truck) Most of you guys will never know what it takes to do what i have, and you will never know what it is like to go as fast as i have in a diesel truck....