the snuffer.................

Sorry guys, wrong movie.. Atleast I didn't say Beverly Hills Ninja.. :doh:

Signature600 said:
Nathan...how much drive pressure do you consider a lot, and a detriment to producing power? I would think anything over 1:1 is hurting the power to an extent, but where does it become "drastic?"

Do you use many 2 wastegate systems??
Thanks,
Chris

Well in that case it pegged a 100psi gauge well before it maxed at 80-85psi. Granted I haven't helped (and wont help) tune the truck since they got the motor fixed so I'm sure there is a lot left in the tuning. Drastic is where the truck wont make anymore power due to back pressure. It's hard to give a specific ratio where that happens. (I'm being vauge here cuz Timmay said I contribute too much)

As much as I hate to admit it I do a lot of dual wastegate systems. They suck to build but it's the only way to do it correctly. I dont recommend them on a daily driver though. Despite the Jabs some have thrown towards the HTT turbos and their SS housings they do work well and the wastegates flow copious quantities of expelled gases. 1 port in the SS housing flows more than both ports in the cast iron housings.

Idaho CTD said:
Well in that case it pegged a 100psi gauge well before it maxed at 80-85psi. Granted I haven't helped (and wont help) tune the truck since they got the motor fixed so I'm sure there is a lot left in the tuning. Drastic is where the truck wont make anymore power due to back pressure. It's hard to give a specific ratio where that happens. (I'm being vauge here cuz Timmay said I contribute too much)

As much as I hate to admit it I do a lot of dual wastegate systems. They suck to build but it's the only way to do it correctly. I dont recommend them on a daily driver though. Despite the Jabs some have thrown towards the HTT turbos and their SS housings they do work well and the wastegates flow copious quantities of expelled gases. 1 port in the SS housing flows more than both ports in the cast iron housings.

Why don't you suggest them on a daily driver if I might ask? I would think that's where they can shine on a daily driver/racer? Lets you run smaller housings, but still keep a decent top end with the wastegates...at least in my feeble little mind!

Chris

Timbeaux38 said:
LOL You are adding waay too much info to the topic at hand.LOL

Wade, you try my "spooling trick" yet?

Ok I'll dumb my participation down. Or better yet not contribute. I'll just harass like the rest of you.

Wade,

Dont listen to me. I know nothing. Shane and II will hook you up. You've got to be close to 1 to 1 at 70psi. No need for a gauge. Bigger injectors might get you to 100psi you know. Why use twins if you can get there with one turbo. Discharge temps dont melt boots. :hehe:

Something like that Timmay?

Signature600 said:
Why don't you suggest them on a daily driver if I might ask? I would think that's where they can shine on a daily driver/racer? Lets you run smaller housings, but still keep a decent top end with the wastegates...at least in my feeble little mind!

Chris

Hard to keep them from leaking over the long haul. For a spare truck or someone looking for max power then yes. Otherwise no.

Idaho CTD said:
Ok I'll dumb my participation down. Or better yet not contribute. I'll just harass like the rest of you.

Wade,

Dont listen to me. I know nothing. Shane and II will hook you up. You've got to be close to 1 to 1 at 70psi. No need for a gauge. Bigger injectors might get you to 100psi you know. Why use twins if you can get there with one turbo. Discharge temps dont melt boots. :hehe:

Something like that Timmay?
i dont know if that was correct info or not, but i would like to think i was learning new things from your post's.

DIESEL POWER said:
i dont know if that was correct info or not, but i would like to think i was learning new things from your post's.
If you don't know..........
Holy crap man...step away from the trucks before you hurt yourself. LOL

UNBROKEN said:
If you don't know..........
Holy crap man...step away from the trucks before you hurt yourself. LOL

Or better yet..take lots and lots of videos when you do hurt yourself. LOL

DIESEL POWER said:

Dang dude....that's down right scarry. You NEED to read, read, read and read again. Learn something from this! These guys are really trying to help you and you can't even understand what they are saying. Turbo's have a basic languge, so to speak.

Brush up on how a Turbo works and the language, it'll help.

:pop:

Timbeaux38 said:
Wade,
Next test run, try this:
Get the charger to about 15 pounds, let out of the throttle, and spray the piss out of it them stab the gas.....

And get video.
I can't believe you would give out Austin Coil top secret tricks like that out for free. That would easily get him in the 10's.

CC12V said:
I can't believe you would give out Austin Coil top secret tricks like that out for free. That would easily get him in the 10's.

10's??????????????? try 9's, I did 10's with my sled pulling truck using that trick, and plus wade has an auto.:hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

-Tom

Smokem said:
Wade, if you are currently running an 88mm exducer coupled with the 80mm compressor, I believe that the 74.3mm exducer coupled with the 74mm compressor should work much better. I do however second the opinion of adding an external wastegate if N2O is involved, the 72mm compressor may not tend to choke as much as the 74mm.

Do you feel that spooling the charger on diesel would be possible with the 74 comp and 3 inch exhaust or do you feel that I would have to use nos?

Thanks for the feedback

DIESEL POWER said:
no i dont, II uses 3 different turbos to build this one charger and they wont disclose any more info on it
I am so sick of hearing that II uses multiple turbos to make just one.

edgerat said:
I am so sick of hearing that II uses multiple turbos to make just one.

It makes you feel better about paying what you did when you think they have 2 junk turbo's laying up there that they can't use!

Chris