the snuffer.................

QUOTE TopFueler-
The inducer size is 80mm and the exducer size is 3.50". The back wall size is 3.8". The turbine housing outlet is 5". The cool thing is the turbine housing is a very small A/R which helps this turbo spool easily at 1800rpm stall. The nozzle is of a large size which keeps drive pressure low. The turbo can be plugged to your spec. and/or a comp. cover can be ordered, made to those specs. Thanks, Brady

That Guy said:
Basically you are correct, it however uses a compressor wheel too large to be efficient.

Right on. Rods and some of the Kentuky boys have been running simular setups, and I believe they use the smaller compressor wheel. They call it the megashaft.

Ph4tty said:
Right on. Rods and some of the Kentuky boys have been running simular setups, and I believe they use the smaller compressor wheel. They call it the megashaft.
any idea what size?

DIESEL POWER said:
any idea what size?

Wade,

Do you have ANY IDEA what size you should put on for your goals?

There are ways to figure it out you know:rules:

What was the exact theory behind choosing the one you did? An actual thought process or because you said "Hey....That one is COOL...I'll take it....It will really make me look cool on the internet!!" ??:hehe: LOL

:eek:wned: :eek:wned: :eek:wned: :bang
Dockboy said:
Wade,

What was the exact theory behind choosing the one you did? An actual thought process or because you said "Hey....That one is COOL...I'll take it....It will really make me look cool on the internet!!" ??:hehe: LOL

Dockboy said:
Wade,

greg the theory, was to put a charger on here that would give me all the air i need to cool the egt's and make reliable power. even at 70+lbs i still see 1400* with this charger on fuel, so i think my issue is elsewhere. i have a 74 mm compressor side coming, that i will try out, if that dont work i have an idea that i know will work.

Last edited:
Wastegate it. I'm willing to bet the lost drive pressure and cooler intake charge would let it handle the EGT better.

DIESEL POWER said:
greg the theory, was to put a charger on here that would give me all the air i need to cool the egt's and make reliable power. even at 70+lbs i still see 1400* with this charger on fuel, so i think my issue is elsewhere. i have a 74 mm compressor side coming, that i will try out, if that dont work i have an idea that i know will work.

You might have lower EGT's if it wasent pushing 70+lbs of boost?

joefarmer said:
Wastegate it. I'm willing to bet the lost drive pressure and cooler intake charge would let it handle the EGT better.
thats a very good idea, but i dont think im pushing that charger very hard, or hard enough to be seeing higher than boost back psi.

DIESEL POWER said:
greg the theory, was to put a charger on here that would give me all the air i need to cool the egt's and make reliable power.

See, here is where you are chasing your tail!! The are many more variables in turbo theory that effect EGT's other than the "amount" of air. Most of them have much greater impact also.

even at 70+lbs i still see 1400* with this charger on fuel, so i think my issue is elsewhere.

first off, 1400* is not all that hot:what: Second, the reason is because you can't spool such a large single.:bang You generate so much heat trying to spool it that it wouldn't matter if it flowed as much air as the NASA wind tunnel once it spooled, you can't bring the heat down that fast!!

i have a 74 mm compressor side coming, that i will try out,

Hint: A 74 will not be any different:doh:

if that dont work i have an idea that i know will work.

That is scary!!!:hehe:

Have you looked at drive pressure to see what is going on?

ok so i tryed the 80/3.5, brett is trying the 80/3.25, and they will be sending me a 74/3.0 comp/exh s-400 hybred.........hope fully this will be much better to spool and stay spooled:rockwoot:

Timbeaux38 said:
Have you looked at drive pressure to see what is going on?
You might have to explain that one in more detail Timmay... seems to have not registered. Then again Greg's clear explanation seems to have missed as well so maybe it's a useless endeavor?

Wade, I try not to get involved in dead end threads.
But I do want to take this oppertunity to thank you for the endless entertainment.
I would also like to offer up two tidbits
1. Turbo is too big
2. Alot of wasted man hours can be saved with math.

Snedge said:
Wade, I try not to get involved in dead end threads.
But I do want to take this oppertunity to thank you for the endless entertainment.
I would also like to offer up two tidbits
1. Turbo is too big
2. Alot of wasted man hours can be saved with math.
could you share the math? thanks

Sure, tell me what kind of drive pressure you are expecting.

Since this forum seems to be how you learn here you go....Going to a smaller turbine wheel will create higher drive pressures. Making 70+psi of boost in any turbo will make high drive pressures. Your issues have more to do with the turbine side then the compressor side although a smaller compressor will spool faster. It's too big to spool and, as Greg mentioned, when it is too big you can never get back on top of the charger in a reasonable amount of time. Oh and heed Brandon's advise. USE A WASTEGATE!

I will say this once. GO TO TWINS AND BE DONE WITH IT

Anyone here think that a conversation between wade and HOHN from DTR would be rather frustrating for both parties involved?