the snuffer.................

Idaho CTD said:
You fabbed a down pipe with standard radius 5" pipe. That is the first mistake and why it hit's the firewall. Use tight radius pipe and cut the angle you want. That intercooler boot will rub a hole sooner or later on the shock tower.
i couldent find anything else, even close, so i went this way with it, plus it's only temporary any way. but i will put a sleeve over the hose

DIESEL POWER said:
please explain why?

If you need it explained, you have no business even working on the truck:redx:

Then again, aren't you the one on the other end of the line when people call with questions?:hehe: LOL

Smokem said:
Wade, do you have flame retardant pants? Because you are getting your A$$ set on fire.

It's okay, W...He's also getting pissed on enough to put the fire out....:hehe:

Wade, the turbo you have isn't on II's website. At least it's not called snuffy. You could shorten the down pipe you have fabbed now from what I can see in your pics and make it work without touching your fire wall.$.02

as for the exhaust napa can order you in tight radius as can most any big rig shop that does exhaust

as for the 90* boot your going to get a lot of flex and with the press (if the boost comes way up) it is going to want to push the hose off and wanting to pop off
once again napa can get you any size mandrial bent exhaust pipe that works great for the cold side of the turbo

Most of the time starting with a 60 degree tangent fitting off the turbo flange will get you right down that firewall.
That big arse boot you got is not a good idea.

Isn't fabrication fun?:hehe:

Thanks Wade. I don't anyone that has taken this abuse and come back for more. ......It's worth the read! LOL

That Guy said:
To say the least, why not use a 3rd Gen exhaust manifold to relieve some of your clearance issues?

yeah, I agree. seems like you would have more space between the oil filter, etc, etc

Cummins Express said:
as for the exhaust napa can order you in tight radius as can most any big rig shop that does exhaust

as for the 90* boot your going to get a lot of flex and with the press (if the boost comes way up) it is going to want to push the hose off and wanting to pop off
once again napa can get you any size mandrial bent exhaust pipe that works great for the cold side of the turbo
i see, thanks

That Guy said:
To say the least, why not use a 3rd Gen exhaust manifold to relieve some of your clearance issues?

yes you are correct, about the clearence issues, but the manifold bottleneck issues were my greatest concern, this is a stock block and head so every bit of exhaust heat i can get out is better.

I gave you the website once before for tight radius bends!!!!!!!! use it!!!!!

Isn't fabrication fun?:hehe:[/QUOTE]

what fabrication! 1 bead of weld, 2 exh band clamps, 1 piece of 90 degree premade radiator.. i mean high temp silicone hose and the intercooler pipe. that install would have been easy, at least if the installer used half of a brain. whoever thinks hanging 1 turbo is tough, try 2. if DP would have thought through hanging the snuffer a bit b4 actually doing it, it would have been a ton easier, it still wouldnt be tough with what he has now, just have to remove and relocate some parts. i agree with the boot getting a hole rubbed in it, i had it happen to me and i had header wrap on it also and i still got a wear line.

I guess I should have said " Isnt bolting up the wrong parts and calling it fabbed up fun? "

hahaha, you do what you can with what you got, either it be parts or brain power

What happens when you use the wrong parts and have no brain power though?
Just askin' :hehe:

UNBROKEN said:

That would take luck out of the equation.

UNBROKEN said:
You end up like me: likin' tator tots and your mommy sending you out of the house wearing a sombrero... LOL