the snuffer.................

That Guy said:
Has anyone beside me thought that maybe the 80mm compressor coupled with an 74.3mm turbine exducer and a small AR turbine housing might have a low choke point or cause surging issues with this setup? Wait, no that is a relevant point, it may not have a place in this thread.

Yup

well here it goes, i ran it today on the street and it drives fine at 0-1/4 throttle--little smoke but not bad. any thing over 1/4 is very smoky untill you get above 20-25lbs or 2300rpm. it is very hard to manage on the street when under the boost, it pegged the 60lbs guage at about 3/4 throttle on diesel. when not in the boost or sweet spot, it's very smokey. this is a nitrous turbo only! but it pulls very hard on top, it just leaves more to be desired below 2300 rpm. im sure with nos it would light quicker but i did not spray on the road. but i did try to build boost with nos and i had about 900psi of bottle psi( should of had more) and a .28 nozzel and it went right up to about 11-12 psi and then fell back down a bit( cause the bottle psi was dropping off i presume). i am very sure i have too much fuel down low and hopefully we can get it tuned right.

DIESEL POWER said:
well here it goes, i ran it today on the street and it drives fine at 0-1/4 throttle--little smoke but not bad. any thing over 1/4 is very smoky untill you get above 20-25lbs or 2300rpm. it is very hard to manage on the street when under the boost, it pegged the 60lbs guage at about 3/4 throttle on diesel. when not in the boost or sweet spot, it's very smokey. this is a nitrous turbo only! but it pulls very hard on top, it just leaves more to be desired below 2300 rpm. im sure with nos it would light quicker but i did not spray on the road. but i did try to build boost with nos and i had about 900psi of bottle psi( should of had more) and a .28 nozzel and it went right up to about 11-12 psi and then fell back down a bit( cause the bottle psi was dropping off i presume). i am very sure i have too much fuel down low and hopefully we can get it tuned right.

Sounds like a good setup. Who ever runs a diesel below 2300 rpm anyways?

If you "tune" as good as you "fab", the thing should run at least half as good as a 6.9 IDI.

DIESEL POWER said:

Your last one had way too much fuel down low. I don't even want to think what this one looks like.

DIESEL POWER said:
this is a nitrous turbo only!

:hehe:

Wade........

You really don't have any clue about how to size a turbo with nitrous do you?:blahblah1: :hehe:

We need this sign -->:owned: with tears streaming. Mainly for Dockboy's slams. :hehe:

Dockboy said:

Wade........

You really don't have any clue about how to size a turbo with nitrous do you?:blahblah1: :hehe:

i'll comment on this one post of yours,

my knowledge of "nitrous and turbo sizeing" may be limited, but it was enough to smoke you after months of YOUR smack talk.

now the real question is----do YOU have a clue.....?

DIESEL POWER said:
i'll comment on this one post of yours,

my knowledge of "nitrous and turbo sizeing" may be limited, but it was enough to smoke you after months of YOUR smack talk.

now the real question is----do YOU have a clue.....?

You just keep reveling in that unbelievable win over a 1000lb heavier, poorly running at the time, Powerstroke!!:bow: :dead-horse-fast2: :group: :hehe:

Great accomplishment!!:clap:

I'll give you a clue ;)

You are constantly *****ing about how the things you buy from vendors don't just bolt right on and perform magic when it's obvious you have about as much mechanical ability as Forrest Gump and are dumber than a box of rocks.:poke: Spend some time actually trying to understand, if you are even capable of that, the theory behind what you are trying to accomplish. Do that, and just maybe you won't continually spout off absolute ridiculous statements like...." this is a nitrous turbo only!":poke: :welcome:

Last edited:
Smokem said:
The turbo would have better street manners and handle a higher flow rate psi with a 72mm copressor wheel, as I have stated previously.
But that wouldn't sound as cool as an 80mm charger! Remember, the ricer handbook states that if it sounds cool, then of course it will work well.

Dockboy said:

You just keep reveling in that unbelievable win over a 1000lb heavier, poorly running at the time, Powerstroke!!:bow: :dead-horse-fast2: :group: :hehe:

Great accomplishment!!:clap:

I'll give you a clue ;)

You are constantly *****ing about how the things you buy from vendors don't just bolt right on and perform magic when it's obvious you have about as much mechanical ability as Forrest Gump and are dumber than a box of rocks.:poke: Spend some time actually trying to understand, if you are even capable of that, the theory behind what you are trying to accomplish. Do that, and just maybe you won't continually spout off absolute ridiculous statements like...." this is a nitrous turbo only!":poke: :welcome:

:owned: :owned: :owned: :owned: :owned: :owned: :owned: :owned: :owned: :owned: :owned: :owned: :owned: :owned: :owned:

I think i just peed my pants after that one.....

So Wade starts a thread about "The snuffer" and offers absolutely no info about it except it comes from II and he did a test run??!? Thanks for the pics though, I do like the looks of that manifold =P

So for those who know more about Wade's turbo than Wade,...
This is a s400 with a tight exhaust housing? :pop:

DIESEL POWER said:

What stall converter do you have? Condition of converter-(I.e.- worn out from racin- testing? length of time on street ect.) Your gonna need to refine your fuel delivery. And once again- get rid of those micro solenoids and grow up and get the big boy solenoids-LOL. Get rid of that radiator hose and use tubing. Did you even try to flip the manifold? Is there clearance to the hood? What injectors are you running and which I.P. pump are you runnin? Oh and another thing- plan on an external w.g.......Your description of your results and wrong feedback -lead me to say you have a way out of tune set-up for this turbo. . . . . $.02 :what:

RacinDuallie said:
What stall converter do you have? Condition of converter-(I.e.- worn out from racin- testing? length of time on street ect.) Your gonna need to refine your fuel delivery. And once again- get rid of those micro solenoids and grow up and get the big boy solenoids-LOL. Get rid of that radiator hose and use tubing. Did you even try to flip the manifold? Is there clearance to the hood? What injectors are you running and which I.P. pump are you runnin? Oh and another thing- plan on an external w.g.......Your description of your results and wrong feedback -lead me to say you have a way out of tune set-up for this turbo. . . . . $.02 :what:
im thinking the same as you here, this was never supposed to be a direct bolt on daily driven turbo, i knew i had my work cut out for me, and took it on. RD thanks for your usefull comments, as for everyone else that has not a thing to add positive here please leave this alone. thanks

so basicly years of.... nevermind i am not even going to say a word.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know what size t-wheel is on that thing?

Sounds like the smaller S400 wheel, approx. 73mm inducer, 85mm exducer if memory serves me correct!

Chris

Back