the snuffer.................

in an attempt to get this thread back on track here are a few things i tryed last night.

in the shop i tryed to build boost on diesel and got to about 4-5 lbs and it just stopped right there not a bit more. i would say it was at 1700rpm, looks like i will use the purge solonoid to light the charger, im hopeing it will work OK.

the smallest jet i have is a .28, is that a good start?

That Guy said:
I am not new by any means, I have read many of your previous comments and witnessed the results. The suprising thing is, I know more about your turbo than you do.
great, tell me more about it.

That doesn't shound like it will have good sreet manners

Timbeaux38 said:
That doesn't shound like it will have good sreet manners

Sure it will, II built it. Remember, it'll spool at 17-1800RPM from what I was reading before, or maybe it was 18-1900RPM, I don't know...either way, I'll bet it won't happen!

I hope you like smoke at the line!
Chris

DIESEL POWER said:
in an attempt to get this thread back on track here are a few things i tryed last night.

in the shop i tryed to build boost on diesel and got to about 4-5 lbs and it just stopped right there not a bit more. i would say it was at 1700rpm, looks like i will use the purge solonoid to light the charger, im hopeing it will work OK.

the smallest jet i have is a .28, is that a good start?

Sounds like timing is too advanced at that point. Try setting the timing box for lower timing at low RPM. Also, the cooler the air, the better it will spool the large charger. Some tracks a .014 jet was enough to spool and on some a .050 was almost not enough. .028 sounds like a good place to start.

That Guy said:
My post count matters how? Suprise me, don't worry take your time.

My low post count and vast knowledge got me banned on DTRard!!!:hehe: LOL :evil

Signature600 said:
Sure it will, II built it. Remember, it'll spool at 17-1800RPM from what I was reading before, or maybe it was 18-1900RPM, I don't know...either way, I'll bet it won't happen!

I hope you like smoke at the line!
Chris

chris, i was told to use a 1850 stall convertor, but being there at 4500' and im at sea level, i figured i may have a shot at spooling this thing better. i should have a full test in by tomorrow.

joefarmer said:
Sounds like timing is too advanced at that point. Try setting the timing box for lower timing at low RPM. Also, the cooler the air, the better it will spool the large charger. Some tracks a .014 jet was enough to spool and on some a .050 was almost not enough. .028 sounds like a good place to start.
you hit it on the nose, it was like 92* out yesterday, and i have no QT managment, so there is full fuel down low, and there could be some timing adjustments needed too.

i will try the .28 and let you know how it does. thanks

DIESEL POWER said:
like i said im learning, but when i bought i was told it will make up to 300hp or is capable of 300hp---at least thats what the web site says.........:hehe:

They must of saw SUCKER writen right on your fourhead.:hehe: ....j/k

Timbeaux38 said:
With that big of a huffer?
well from what im told once it gets above 5-10lbs of boost it will start an upward boost rise pretty easily, so maybe a 150-200 rpm higher stall is all i need? or i could just use some spray:poke:

I know my converter is a bit too tight, and I don't have near that much charger...for something that big, I would almost want something about 22-2300RPM stall. Of course, if I was running a charger that big, it would either be on a 5500RPM puller with a stick, or as a set of towing twins!

Chris