The worst truck pull I have ever attended

Status
Not open for further replies.
can u say cluster f~ck? i dont rhink they'll have to worry about the over population next year.

TECH:
first of why even tech all the trucks before hand.......thats just a waste of time.......once the class is over, you have the top 10 held in a secure area, then you tech the paying positions (top 5) and if they all pass, which they most likely will, the trucks are released along with the checks, if one fails you got to truck #6, and so on and so forth til you get 5 legal trucks......1034387387345x's faster than doing each truck one at a time......

TRACK:
there should of been a road grader with a ripper, two tractors with disks and a roller on that track as soon as the last rain drop hit the ground......

TIME:
unless someone breaks there should only be enough time to get the sled back in position, have the truck pull up on the track and back to the sled, hook up, spool the charger and pull......2 minutes a truck if nothing breaks.....

ACCOMODATIONS:
sounds like they werent very good.......food vendor left at midnite? toilets overflowing? WOW.......

Pay every time you walk throu a gate???!!! WTF is that. They needed about six times as many $h!tters.

Let me guess....you lost ?

After the weather here for the last 2 weeks we're damned lucky to even have a pull today. They worked their asses off all day to make it as good as it could be....and paid to 5th place.

What exactly are you crying about ?

20-30 minutes between pulls ? You need a new watch cause yours is WRONG.
I watched all of 2.8 through the Mods and some 2.6 before I left.....there was never a lull that long between anything.

LMAO!
We didnt' hook till 4:00... That track could have been way better, where was the Lime? 20-30 minutes between pulls? You left very early there was times when it was 20-30 minutes before you would see a truck pull. This pull was Horrible we will not be back next year.

Time management was extremely poor, I watched a movie in the 2.6 truck while waiting in line in the pits, then took a nap because we hadn't moved in so long.

The rent-a-cops were extreme pricks on a power trip, I told a few of them where to go when THEY decided they were going to tell me I couldn't go to my truck.

The gate people also got told where to go when we had to send Kim for parts back in town when they said she couldn't come back through that gate when she got back.

We will not be back.

LMAO!
We didnt' hook till 4:00... That track could have been way better, where was the Lime? 20-30 minutes between pulls? You left very early there was times when it was 20-30 minutes before you would see a truck pull. This pull was Horrible we will not be back next year.

Yeah its pretty pathetic when you have long time pullers that can't even move the sled off the line after 3 tries because the track was such ****.

Well stated! Except for UNBROKEN!!! Way to shove your fot in your mouth!!

This was the most pi$$ poorpull i have EVER been to! Me and my Brother wil notbe back next year!!! After this big cluster fluck we will NEVER be backto TS!

Alsto WTF is up with the bleachers??? You have what a few thousand spectators and enough bleachers tohold what 500 ppl???

TS= Tottally Sh!TTY

I have 4 friends that made it to pull and they told me everything youguys have allready said. They said terry coppess couldnt even get the sled to move off the line. People were cutting in line to pull so they could get the hell out of there. Dan schied even chewed two of my buddies asses personally for trying to park were his employees were telling the trucks to park. They even told him that that was were they were told to go and he said that he didnt care that they should know better than that and if they dont like it that they can leave. What a bunch of crap.

Are they finished pulling yet? We left around 2:30 and it didn't look good?

Well stated! Except for UNBROKEN!!! Way to shove your fot in your mouth!!

I didn't shove my "fot" in anything. I saw the part I watched one way...you see it another way.
The real way...is that sledpullers will freaking whine about any and everything untill they're blue in the face.

Was it perfect ? Hell no, far from it....but they tried to get it together for y'all to do your thing and you just wanna kill them for it.

Sorry if I'm not in the best mood after the other issues this weekend....but you god damned babies just kill me.

I'm sure I'll see some of you at RPM Fest later this month....and I'm sure you'll be crying about that one too.

Screw it....I'm going back to bed.....

Damn. I'm sure glad I didn't drive to KY. I thought I was missing a great show, but sounds more like a bad dream.

Could of been organized better, but that is what happens when an event grows to the size that it is. For those of you cheering about thunder in muncie, there is a good chance could turn into a similar situation. You can't run 200 trucks at just any county fair. It could have been ran better, but hats off to the guys for trying to put together a pull. Remember until you have ran a pull that runs 200 trucks through and has 5000+ people there, should probably think twice.

About teching after you pull, it is nice, but you will get lots of people whining. You will have people pushing the rules, and if the get DQ'd for a turbo or something that is a judgement call, you can't bump to the another class. Both ways have their issues.

I think locking down the pull was great. It keeps everyone at the pull, instead of blowing their smoke all over town.

no locking it down was not good, nobody brought in coats or anything and we couldnt get back out to the truck to get them...that made me mad as well as some stole our cooler, whoever you are come tallk to me ill be at the courtyard until about 10

When an event gets as large as TS was, an organization (NADM) is really needed to keep things on track.

Man, I figured I would be logging on this morning all down in the dumps because I missed TS this year. After all this talk I don't know if I even need to clear my calender for next year now.

Man, I figured I would be logging on this morning all down in the dumps because I missed TS this year. After all this talk I don't know if I even need to clear my calender for next year now.

+1 well said

Man so one year the event just so happens to get screwed all to hell and automatically everyone says to hell with it they'll "never" be back? Ya'll are so quick to throw in the towel. What happened to second chances? There comes a time when what is working stops working and it needs fixed, then guess what....it usually starts working again!! So how about helping to fix it instead of just tossing it aside and finding something new?

I understand the frustration of everyone this year. I was hoping and praying I could go this year but I could not make it. Obviously I'm not quite as bummed about it knowing what happened to both the drags and the pulls, but this is not going to deter me from going down next year provided they put on a show again. Now if perhaps no lessons are learned from this year and next year's show is not as bangin' as previous years then I think it could be safe to say goodbye to what is known as the TS Outlaw event. That's said because I've been the last two years and they blew away anything I'd ever been to.

I do agree with those that got cold and needing a jacket or sweater. Last year was the first year I stayed for pulls and one of the leading reasons I left early was because I was friggin cold. I was standing there shivering, but there were a few girls standing around with THO so I stuck it out as long as I could.:rockwoot: Still though, if you've got a jacket in your truck you shoud be able to go get it. They should have the blacklight with the invisible print on your hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.