top 2.6 truck at schieds?

winning 2.6 truck? state?

• Total voters
I think most would be better to stay in the class that the truck normally runs in, then jump down for a pull or two. Granted changing a bushing on a charger won't be like completely retuning a truck.

my picks for the top 2.6 truck at scheids this year include justin mosely, matt williams, tony b and tomac.

I thought those guys run ag govs? Those arent legal in 2.6. Unless they changed that to which would be dumb to allow. So Mosely and Williams can't run 2.6. Tomac aint winning 2.6 thats for sure. This isn't some back yard brush pull.:hehe:

what time does tech start friday morning. wondering on what time i need to head out to get there in time to pull.

what time does tech start friday morning. wondering on what time i need to head out to get there in time to pull.

Remember they are an hour ahead. Pulling starts at nine. If you want to get there first thing I would leave by 5am.

thanks dan, was planing on heading out around 3:30 am just to have a head start in case ran in to problems pulling trailer up, not sure how the tow rig i just purchased is gna do, im rebuilding the tranny this week and getting brake box and all that done before the trip.

thanks dan, was planing on heading out around 3:30 am just to have a head start in case ran in to problems pulling trailer up, not sure how the tow rig i just purchased is gna do, im rebuilding the tranny this week and getting brake box and all that done before the trip.

What tow rig did you get?

96 model 12v ext cab 4x4, it had high miles on it but me in dad picked it up cheap. I just talked to Joe at Scheid and tech starts at 9am pulls at 11am. so im gna have to head out early to be there in time.

Make sure yr cross bolts are with in 10 in of the turbo or u cant pull from what I was told , and if u sign the waver no money will b given back . Just make sure you cross your Ts and dot the i

Make sure yr cross bolts are with in 10 in of the turbo or u cant pull from what I was told , and if u sign the waver no money will b given back . Just make sure you cross your Ts and dot the i

Yep I ran into that at TS, mine were in the bottom of DP and couldnt pulled.

yes past 10in is a no go from what Joe said , say like under the cab is a no go

I think there just looking for an excuse to speed things up and DQ alot of trucks.

I ran into that at TS.
What about drive shaft loops? Are they going to be real picky on those or does anybody know?

Not picking on you, but as a general rule, everywhere, if the rule is written, consider the techs to be picky and GET YOUR SAFETY GEAR ON!!!!!!

Shed Putter is RIGHT!!! SAFTEY IS VERY IMPORTANT.

My guess on the top truck would be from indiana and maybe a truck worked on/bought parts from schieds....? I am just sayin

IKE

i takled to joe at Scheid monday about the rules and drive shaft loops and ujoint sheilds are a must if you do not have you do not pull. u joint sheids must be made of 1/4 steel or 3/8 aluimin. as for drive shaft loops have to have them also.

I have loops and u-joint shields, but I know ITPA says if you can see the u joint from the fender well it needs to have a shield. So i know the d-maxes you cant see but dodges you can, just curious if they are going to crawl all over and under our trucks?

yo sleddy

i'll get you sooner or later gene,, this stuff is some funny ,,,t.:cheer: and for the record,for the rookie say'n that Wilkins an BLAIR HAVE good runnin trucks,TRUE,but there not talk'n about super street trucks ,,A 2.6 TRUCK IS NOT THE SAME CLASS.ROOKIES NOW DAYS,OR didn't you know, there is more then just one class,lol 'Swanson',just drive the truck like you stole it,if my truck is'nt done i just might havto pull your butt out there so i have a front row seat,GGGRRRRRR

Last edited: