Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Getting closer to making smoke.
null_zps138622f2.jpg

What problems did you have with the Isx and what power and model was it

Not just one, I can think of 30-40 trucks off of the top of my head that are 2012-2013 models, some are W900's and some are 389 Pete's, they're in the shop CONSTANTLY with emissions related problems, computer issues, injectors, as well as other things......and not one of them has made it over 300k without a complete overhaul yet, five of them had to have new engines by the time they had 60,000 miles! and these aren't isolated incidents with one company, this is happening to every company around my area that owns these piles. All of them are either 485hp or 550hp. A couple of the companies are so fed up with them one has switched to volvos, one is buying western stars, and one is buying freightliners

Not just one, I can think of 30-40 trucks off of the top of my head that are 2012-2013 models, some are W900's and some are 389 Pete's, they're in the shop CONSTANTLY with emissions related problems, computer issues, injectors, as well as other things......and not one of them has made it over 300k without a complete overhaul yet, five of them had to have new engines by the time they had 60,000 miles! and these aren't isolated incidents with one company, this is happening to every company around my area that owns these piles. All of them are either 485hp or 550hp. A couple of the companies are so fed up with them one has switched to volvos, one is buying western stars, and one is buying freightliners

Honestly the best way to run them is 600 hp and run the crap out of them never ever ever idle the truck and that's kinda crazy I never see those engine needing overhauls that low on Miles

Oh they run the crap out of them alright haha. These trucks aren't reefer/van 80,000 pound lightweight trucks. They pull hopper doubles at 100,000+ or chip van or walking floors at 90,000+, my boss had two 2009's, one was a 900L at 550hp and one was a 389 at 550hp and between the two of them during their warranty period they had 18 turbos replaced.....that was not a typo.....constant shop visits combined with the horrible fuel mileage almost broke him. Now he has 13 trucks, 8 of them are pre-07 cat/Cummins, three are freightliner cascadias with DD16 Detroits, and two of them are 09 cat C-15's. Those two 09 cats are in the shop more than the rest of the entire fleet combined. That's embarrassing.

I think a 6.0 is more reliable than those piles. I don't know how any companies run them and make any money, the two 09's my boss had almost caused him to go broke once they were out of warranty, turbos, EGRs, and DPFs were getting changed almost monthly. Band he decided after a couple rounds of that schit that it was time for them to go down the road. Four of our five hopper trucks are 06-07's, one is a 550hp ISX the other three are 550HP C-15 ACERT clatterpillars and one is an 09 ACERT. That 09 has been a pain in the ass, but my boss said its nothing compared to the 09 ISXs he had.

Local KW dealer.
dazupane.jpg

4 brand spanking new ISX's one day.........went down a few days later and 2 are gone and replaced with 2 old ones with picture windows in the blocks.

Oh they run the crap out of them alright haha. These trucks aren't reefer/van 80,000 pound lightweight trucks. They pull hopper doubles at 100,000+ or chip van or walking floors at 90,000+, my boss had two 2009's, one was a 900L at 550hp and one was a 389 at 550hp and between the two of them during their warranty period they had 18 turbos replaced.....that was not a typo.....constant shop visits combined with the horrible fuel mileage almost broke him. Now he has 13 trucks, 8 of them are pre-07 cat/Cummins, three are freightliner cascadias with DD16 Detroits, and two of them are 09 cat C-15's. Those two 09 cats are in the shop more than the rest of the entire fleet combined. That's embarrassing.

that is pretty crazy don't blame you for not liking them. sounds like trucks are only good till 500k and sell.

I'd probably go with a T8. That's more what they're built for

How well do the w900l hold up compared to the t800? 80% off road 20% paved road.

Exact same truck other than the axle location. You can convert a T8 into a W9 and back if you want. Frame nose piece and swap oil pan and pickup tube.

Exact same truck other than the axle location. You can convert a T8 into a W9 and back if you want. Frame nose piece and swap oil pan and pickup tube.

The turning just sucks on the w900 right Because the axle is more fowar? Do you know if you can order a t800 from kw to look like the w900?

A W900B is still a set forward axle, you could order a T800 high hood, looks about like a w900b with a set back axle.