Truckers, lets see your rigs!

My bad T. And BRE if u can't tell the difference between a 359 and a 379 with a hacked dash turn in your CDL... :Cheer:

I hope that was a kidding gesture...

And for the record, I've seen some 379's with the fiberglass kits that look better than any factory done dash. I was just stating a simple fact for any and all of those that don't know.

Explain why a 359 is narrower than a 379 cab? A 359's hood also does not taper.

I hope that was a kidding gesture...

And for the record, I've seen some 379's with the fiberglass kits that look better than any factory done dash. I was just stating a simple fact for any and all of those that don't know.

It was slightly kidding if u know trucks the 379's are a lot different. The cut outs on the hood for the air cleaners on the 359's, on the 379's the air piping goes through the cab, and also if u look at the interior on the 359's it is all different. They are close to the same design but if you know your Pete's there are plenty of give aways.

Dammit.......you're right

That's right bish... Go crawl in your hole.
dutuja2y.jpg

It was slightly kidding if u know trucks the 379's are a lot different. The cut outs on the hood for the air cleaners on the 359's, on the 379's the air piping goes through the cab, and also if u look at the interior on the 359's it is all different. They are close to the same design but if you know your Pete's there are plenty of give aways.

Did you totally miss post #2578?
I assure you, I can tell the difference between 359's and 379's. I may not know all trucks but I know little about these two series. Still lots to learn but still...

Last edited:
But can you tell the difference between an 04 and an 05? Or even harder.....an 05 and 06?......cuz I can. Lol

But can you tell the difference between an 04 and an 05? Or even harder.....an 05 and 06?......cuz I can. Lol

Somewhere in there, there is a door and mirror mounting change.
05 went to cab mounted mirrors. 06 got a different door glass.
04 was the first year without wing window posts.
01-05 had a different dash 06+ had yet another dash.
And obviously the last 1000 trucks in 07 were legacy models. Or the last thousand period. I think I remember hearing 06's in legacy models.

Last edited:
05 got one piece side windows, cab mounted mirrors, and new door handles, 06 came the new dash, and only 07's were legacies. They were the last 1000 to leave the plant period

05 got one piece side windows, cab mounted mirrors, and new door handles, 06 came the new dash, and only 07's were legacies. They were the last 1000 to leave the plant period
Thanks for the correction on the legacy.

04 still retains the door mounted mirrors and wing windows
I thought 04 was the first year without wing windows?

And 02-04 has six visor brackets, 05-current have 8
That I didn't know... As long as its got a 16" visor, I don't care how many brackets it can vibrate loose.